THP FF 2010 Official League

with a league of 16 teams, this may be the year that you have to make some very, very educated picks. i have a question for some of you participating? would it be worth snagging a solid defense/special teams fairly earlier than usual? the cream of the crop among qb's/rb's/wr's may be depleted by about round 3. at that point is it worth looking at a defense like say, the jets, who are pretty good about providing a team with a consistent 15-25 points per week?

with a league of 16 teams, this may be the year that you have to make some very, very educated picks. i have a question for some of you participating? would it be worth snagging a solid defense/special teams fairly earlier than usual? the cream of the crop among qb's/rb's/wr's may be depleted by about round 3. at that point is it worth looking at a defense like say, the jets, who are pretty good about providing a team with a consistent 15-25 points per week?

Yes. I think so.

Not in my mind. THe difference in players is greater than the difference in scoring between teams.

16 team leagues are a blast, and the cream can rise to the top. Last year we drafted players late such as Mendenhall, Forsett, J. Charles, etc... It gave us huge depth as the season went on. When we picked a couple, some said "who?"

This year i think I want to pick somewhere right in the middle. Or closer to the back.

I always like drafting somewhere in the middle, but I have drafted from just about every position so werever I end up I will deal with it. I just know if I draft near the end of the first round I wont get Rex Grossman but I can live with that..lol

Not in my mind. THe difference in players is greater than the difference in scoring between teams.

16 team leagues are a blast, and the cream can rise to the top. Last year we drafted players late such as Mendenhall, Forsett, J. Charles, etc... It gave us huge depth as the season went on. When we picked a couple, some said "who?"

i guess you could look at it that way, but i still think that a good defense/st unit can provide more consistent points than a forsett or charles did last year.

We all can't have Sexy Rexy.... I always look at best player available versus what I feel is a need. It probably doesnt make much sense but I don't really get too worried when all the big names are choosen because sometimes teams/systems can make for some good solid picks.

I always like drafting somewhere in the middle, but I have drafted from just about every position so werever I end up I will deal with it. I just know if I draft near the end of the first round I wont get Rex Grossman but I can live with that..lol

All I know is, I made some big time mistakes at the draft last year (first time I've played with over 12 teams). I won't make those mistakes again.
I think I want one of the first draft spots this year.
JB, I'm assuming there will be no trading of draft spots?

All I know is, I made some big time mistakes at the draft last year (first time I've played with over 12 teams). I won't make those mistakes again.
I think I want one of the first draft spots this year.
JB, I'm assuming there will be no trading of draft spots?

No, there will not be.

I just had a draft not to long ago and it was crazy. They had a new thing to it were you can pause the drafting if someone has to do something really important then you just click un pause and it starts up again. I thought that was pretty cool. I just made us a small 6 team one to have some fun with and all the teams are stacked so the games should be super close each week.

Can't wait for this one! Still scheduled for the 1st right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a draft not to long ago and it was crazy. They had a new thing to it were you can pause the drafting if someone has to do something really important then you just click un pause and it starts up again. I thought that was pretty cool. I just made us a small 6 team one to have some fun with and all the teams are stacked so the games should be super close each week.

Yup, as of right now it is scheduled for Wednesday September 1st at 8pm EST.

That's funny, you'll be in a 6-teamer and a 16-teamer this year!

I'm pumped for this draft, although I'm getting a little worried about what my options will be at pick 2.16...

i know we were looking at sept 1st for a draft...any idea on the time for it?

It will be 9/1 at 8pm EST.

It will be 9/1 at 8pm EST.

Oh boy, hope Im not 11-8 that week. Wait, thats next week right? If so Im 7-4 so Im good.

I'm in.

Please re-read the rules. This league is full. We do have a second league, still open. PLease make sure to read over the rules.

Oh boy, hope Im not 11-8 that week. Wait, thats next week right? If so Im 7-4 so Im good.

I may be driving back from Buffalo that night...trying to get out of work around 2 that day, 5 hour drive. Might take an air card with me.

I may be driving back from Buffalo that night...trying to get out of work around 2 that day, 5 hour drive. Might take an air card with me.

Driving while drafting?

Definitely prerank your players

Driving while drafting?

only illeagal to text/talk while driving...never say anything about drafting while using a netbook haha

I'll make the other person drive, but I will be back for it. If I have to run up to my office and draft from my desk before I go home I will do that

Definitely prerank your players

no worries, the trip isn't a definate yet. I'll make it work, I always do

Ive wasted a lot of time pre ranking players and it never helped. Id come back and find my team loaded with all RB's or QB's. So I just started leaving the rankings alone and had much better results. I probably just dont know what Im doing.

Whats cool about this league manager thing that the league is set up in is that JB can pause the draft during the draft if something crazy happens and someone gets kicked off, we had our draft a few days ago and one of my buddies was taking a while and he was chatting on the bottom telling me the draft part froze up so I just paused it real fast and then he got it working again and everything was ok. I thought that was pretty cool that they added that feature.

Oh and 120 seconds is a long time to pick lol You can also enter the draft one hour early prior to it starting to set things up.

FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A REAL GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION MAKE SURE YOU USE THE LITE VERSION WHEN OPENING THE DRAFT OR ELSE IT WONT WORK FOR YOU. YOU CAN TEST THE CONNECTION BY USING THE MOCK DRAFTS.

I have to use the lite version because the main version wont connect since my internet is to slow to keep up with it all. Just thought id share some of that info so everyone knows about it.

I have a draft for another league at 11am (my time) today. It'll be sweet. Need some practice! War The Grossmen!!!!!!!

I had a draft last week with 10 teams, also have one Sunday and Monday....all leading up to the grand daddy of them all...THP Fantasy Football on Weds.

Back