Taylormade daytona 1 Ghost Spotting

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
EDIT: Got a Email saying it would hit stores the 15th for $129. Not a bad price.

Spotted this on global golf....

http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub.aspx?pid=1018998&gd=1

1018998.jpg

Last edited:
I know, the picture looks real weird, but then again I have bought 4 clubs from global golf including my putter just recently and the corza ghost as well, they have both been great. So it could be legit, JB will know more in the morning, but they might have broke the embargo date..

Even if they blew the embargo, we've seen photos of the ghost daytona, and it has the same weird circle the corza has.

Ya but that was the kia ma version and other versions that are released in canada, I have not saw this version anywere until just now.

Even if they blew the embargo, we've seen photos of the ghost daytona, and it has the same weird circle the corza has.

The only pictures out there circulating are the Daytona KiaMa (which TM denied is coming out) and the Canada only version with the Fontana.

This one looks like the Daytona we have been hearing about. CONSUMER VERSION as they stated as such on the THP Radio show. Lack of weights as well as the same insert that is in the Corza.

And this site is going to get blasted by a couple of companies. They broke embargo on the Bridgestone balls and now are on this as well. That is a very easy way to lose items.

And this site is going to get blasted by a couple of companies. They broke embargo on the Bridgestone balls and now are on this as well. That is a very easy way to lose items.

Why blame you? You didn't leak it.

If they're going to blame anybody, blame Global Golf. They were the ones that leaked it and have information on it readily available and for sale (pre-order) on their website.

You'd think the manufacturers would be GRATEFUL that people are talking about and anticipating their product's release before it even hits the stores.

Sometimes I think their "outrage" about these leaks is nothing more than artificial. I would bet money they're the ones supplying these leaks off the record, then acting outraged about it just to increase the buzz about it.

If they're going to blame anybody, blame Global Golf. They were the ones that leaked it and have information on it readily available and for sale (pre-order) on their website.

You'd think the manufacturers would be GRATEFUL that people are talking about and anticipating their product's release before it even hits the stores.

Sometimes I think their "outrage" about these leaks is nothing more than artificial. I would bet money they're the ones supplying these leaks off the record, then acting outraged about it just to increase the buzz about it.

I think he meant "this" as in Global Golf not this as in THP. THP didnt do anything wrong here.

Ohhhh. They wont be blaming us. Of course not. I meant they will be mighty upset at Global Golf.

There are reasons for embargos, some good and some bad. But there are reasons.

As for them "leaking". Nope. It is almost ALWAYS a local rep that does the leaking. Perfect example was the original Ghost. They purposely did NOT let local reps know about it coming out until the Wachovia launch and low and behold it did not come out until the date expected. We found out about that one way back at Doral and they just asked us to keep it off.

I understand now...I apologize.

I thought you were referring to THP as "this site" and "a good way to lose items" as the companies threatening to cut off your supply of items to test.

Once I finish my coffee this morning everything else should become much clearer as well.

I understand now...I apologize.

I thought you were referring to THP as "this site" and "a good way to lose items" as the companies threatening to cut off your supply of items to test.

Once I finish my coffee this morning everything else should become much clearer as well.

Im right there with ya on the coffee. We try and honor all embargo dates here. However when a store lists the item, in our minds, it is fair game.

The only pictures out there circulating are the Daytona KiaMa (which TM denied is coming out) and the Canada only version with the Fontana.

This one looks like the Daytona we have been hearing about. CONSUMER VERSION as they stated as such on the THP Radio show. Lack of weights as well as the same insert that is in the Corza.

I just want to correct one thing here, the Bridgestone golf balls were not leaked by Global Golf those were found on discountgolfword.com. Either way breaking embargo dates is wrong and comapnies do not look kindly to those who do it.

I just want to correct one thing here, the Bridgestone golf balls were not leaked by Global Golf those were found on discountgolfword.com. Either way breaking embargo dates is wrong and comapnies do not look kindly to those who do it.

seems to me that you guys are about the only folks out there that actually do respect those dates.....heck, golfwrx will pay you for spy pics!!!

once again, THP shows why they're one classy act! keep it up.

seems to me that you guys are about the only folks out there that actually do respect those dates.....heck, golfwrx will pay you for spy pics!!!

once again, THP shows why they're one classy act! keep it up.

We dont knock other sites for their practices. Not in our nature. And whatever they want to do, works for us. We have chosen a different route in the process to reach our goals and believe it is the right path for us. It seems to be working quite well and it is because of these practices that THP gets the equipment first in most cases, can review it first in most cases, can do the most giveaways, and can have VERY EARLY pre-release gear at events like our demo days.

While some sites are combing through counterfeit images to find ones that might be the future of irons for a company, we believe in letting the products speak for themselves and not clouding the industry with quick hits on what might be coming a year for now in most cases.

We dont knock other sites for their practices. Not in our nature. And whatever they want to do, works for us. We have chosen a different route in the process to reach our goals and believe it is the right path for us. It seems to be working quite well and it is because of these practices that THP gets the equipment first in most cases, can review it first in most cases, can do the most giveaways, and can have VERY EARLY pre-release gear at events like our demo days.

While some sites are combing through counterfeit images to find ones that might be the future of irons for a company, we believe in letting the products speak for themselves and not clouding the industry with quick hits on what might be coming a year for now in most cases.

i believe you call it "cutting through the hype"!! good for you guys. seems to me that you have implemented the fairest, most honest route out there. glad to be a pee-on in it too!

I knew it, as soon as I saw that weird looking picture and remembered jb saying something about it would be later on until it would be released. Then sure enough global golf broke the embargo date. I mean there isn't even a picture of the face of it, I knew something was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The overall design is nice, but before I looked into another ghost I would have to be assured it was heavier than the corza.

Other sites have this up on the web now. Tourstop.com is claiming to have it for 129.95.

They are pre orders for a October 15th release it appears.

My bad. Just looking at that photo looks really strange. Looked to me like a bit of photoshopping.

My bad. Just looking at that photo looks really strange. Looked to me like a bit of photoshopping.

No issues. Its entirely possibly with the photo. The ones we have seen of the Daytona look like this one though.

Very cool pic, looks as good as I thought it would, can't wait to give it a try!

So many were looking forward to this one. Now that it has been spotted and shown what it looks like are you more or less likely to pick it up?

So many were looking forward to this one. Now that it has been spotted and shown what it looks like are you more or less likely to pick it up?

even though i've always played more blade style putters in my past i just don't think that i would game this one. if i'm gaming a ghost, it has to be the original, as i just don't see the same effect on the daytona.

In all honesty, I really dont like the way it looks. Idk why, but when I first saw it, it just was not appealing to me.

Was left wanting something more from it. I'm not a mallet guy but the mallet is definitely better looking than the blade imo

Back