Yellow (and Orange) e6's?!

Wasnt there a Japanese player using an orange colored ball recently? Maybe it wasnt orange but I remember seeing it on the golf channel later because they were holding it up as they talked about it. Even then it was hard to tell what color it was, maybe from the studio lights.

You should really listen to our radio show THAT YOUR QUESTION WAS ON. They talked about that very thing...hehe

You should really listen to our radio show THAT YOUR QUESTION WAS ON. They talked about that very thing...hehe

wth, but I did lol. How did I miss that part? I guess my multitasking skills arent as good as I thought. Or I forgot already

Bazinga!

Press Release: Yes, it's official, more colored balls coming!

Press Release: Yes, it's official, more colored balls coming!

BRIDGESTONE LOOKS TO EXTEND ITS DOMINANCE OF JAPANESE COLORED GOLF BALL
MARKET TO THE U.S.

Bridgestone answers consumers¹ call for sidespin reducing balls with better
visibility

COVINGTON, GA ‹ In a few short years, Bridgestone Golf¹s e6 has become one
of the most popular game improvement golf balls in the U.S. market. Widely
renowned for its ability to help curb slices and hooks, thanks to its
maximum forgiveness on off-center hits, the ball has become a favorite for
those golfers seeking greater distance and accuracy. This fall, Bridgestone
Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf, is excited to unveil limited availability
of two new bright yellow and bright orange colored e6 balls.

While the yellow and orange e6 balls are exciting new offerings in North
America, colored golf balls are nothing new for Bridgestone, especially in
Japan. Nearly 2 out of every 5 golf balls sold in Japan are colored, and
Bridgestone currently is responsible for over 56% of all colored balls sold
in that market, ranging in various color and performance choices. In
fact, colored golf balls are even played by Bridgestone¹s Japanese Tour
players as illustrated by Katsumasa Miyamoto¹s record-breaking back nine 29
with an orange ball at Firestone Country Club during the 2010 WGC
Bridgestone Invitational.

³The e6 is the 4th best selling golf ball model at off-course retailers
year-to-date, because it significantly reduces the excess sidespin that the
majority of amateur golfers struggle with,² said Brandon Sowell, Director of
Marketing * Bridgestone Golf, Inc. ³As a result of its popularity, we have
received a lot of consumer requests to offer it in color options too. Those
requests along with our success with colored golf balls in Japan prompted us
to do a survey through our social media platforms last spring, to gauge
whether or not our customers would play a yellow or orange golf ball. The
number that responded with strong interest was impressive so we are going to
give them what they wanted.²

In the same survey, Bridgestone found an overwhelming amount of respondents
(73%) cited better visibility as the key reason for wanting to play a
colored ball. As a result, Bridgestone has introduced the concept of Super
Visibility Coloring, making the new yellow and orange versions of the e6 the
brightest premium golf balls on the market. The bright yellow and bright
orange e6 limited edition golf balls will feature the same unique
three-piece construction that the traditional white e6 has- maintaining its
improved distance and accuracy performance. Proving this point, the e6 took
home best-in-class awards for innovation, feel and performance in the $21-35
per dozen category of the 2010 Golf Digest Hot List. The e6 was the only
golf ball in the entire 2010 Hot List to garner 3 best-in-class awards for
one category.

The new e6 balls will be available November 1st at golf specialty stores and
green grass retailers nationwide and will feature a street price of $26.99
per dozen (MSRP - $38 per dozen).

For more information on the entire lineup of Bridgestone Golf products,
visit www.bridgestonegolf.com <http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/>

THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

BRIDGESTONE LOOKS TO EXTEND ITS DOMINANCE OF JAPANESE
COLORED GOLF BALL MARKET TO THE U.S.

Bridgestone answers consumers’ call for sidespin reducing balls with better visibility​

COVINGTON, GA
— In a few short years, Bridgestone Golf’s e6 has become one of the most popular game improvement golf balls in the U.S. market. Widely renowned for its ability to help curb slices and hooks, thanks to its maximum forgiveness on off-center hits, the ball has become a favorite for those golfers seeking greater distance and accuracy. This fall, Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf, is excited to unveil limited availability of two new bright yellow and bright orange colored e6 balls.

While the yellow and orange e6 balls are exciting new offerings in North America, colored golf balls are nothing new for Bridgestone, especially in Japan. Nearly 2 out of every 5 golf balls sold in Japan are colored, and Bridgestone currently is responsible for over 56% of all colored balls sold in that market, ranging in various color and performance choices. In fact, colored golf balls are even played by Bridgestone’s Japanese Tour players as illustrated by Katsumasa Miyamoto’s record-breaking back nine 29 with an orange ball at Firestone Country Club during the 2010 WGC Bridgestone Invitational.

“The e6 is the 4th best selling golf ball model at off-course retailers year-to-date, because it significantly reduces the excess sidespin that the majority of amateur golfers struggle with,” said Brandon Sowell, Director of Marketing – Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “As a result of its popularity, we have received a lot of consumer requests to offer it in color options too. Those requests along with our success with colored golf balls in Japan prompted us to do a survey through our social media platforms last spring, to gauge whether or not our customers would play a yellow or orange golf ball. The number that responded with strong interest was impressive so we are going to give them what they wanted.”

In the same survey, Bridgestone found an overwhelming amount of respondents (73%) cited better visibility as the key reason for wanting to play a colored ball. As a result, Bridgestone has introduced the concept of Super Visibility Coloring, making the new yellow and orange versions of the e6 the brightest premium golf balls on the market. The bright yellow and bright orange e6 limited edition golf balls will feature the same unique three-piece construction that the traditional white e6 has- maintaining its improved distance and accuracy performance. Proving this point, the e6 took home best-in-class awards for innovation, feel and performance in the $21-35 per dozen category of the 2010 Golf Digest Hot List. The e6 was the only golf ball in the entire 2010 Hot List to garner 3 best-in-class awards for one category.

The new e6 balls will be available November 1st at golf specialty stores and green grass retailers nationwide and will feature a street price of $26.99 per dozen (MSRP - $38 per dozen).

For more information on the entire lineup of Bridgestone Golf products, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com

989840856_cG22D-M.jpg

989840868_K6oid-M.jpg

good deal!!!

I hope to snatch at least 2 dozens of each... saving up now... :D

i wonder if they can make it a little more brighter

balls.jpg

I wonder how are the Yellows compared to the Z star yellows?

I wonder how are the Yellows compared to the Z star yellows?

They are completely different balls.

Edit: If you are talking about the balls and not the color, that is.

They are completely different balls.

Edit: If you are talking about the balls and not the color, that is.
just colorwise... not performance... :D

I actually wondered the same thing. I like the look of the Srixon. It's almost pearlescent.

I actually wondered the same thing. I like the look of the Srixon. It's almost pearlescent.

When I used the Z-stars everyone always called it green.

When I used the Z-Stars they went straight into the woods...haha. Ugh

everyone sees my Z Stars from a good distance... they are so visible esp if they are on the fairway... they are even visible in the water... LoL....

Wow I really hope I can get my mitts on some of these.

Played the other day on a very dry course (fairways were DRY) and the sun was high overhead - basicly you could lose balls even when on the fairway.

I've decided that starting Nov, Im gonna order 2 dozen p/ month for 3 to 4 months just to stock up on them, just in case they don't stick around.
I can see the yellow balls so much easier.

Back