Yellow (and Orange) e6's?!

I could have really used a dozen of these bad boys. I might not have lost all of these like I lost all 13 while playing The Links at Spanish Bay. My buddy played with a Yellow ball and I found it was definitely easier to track.

Love the orange!!!!! Def wanna try these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ironic part is that about 10 years prior, TONS of balls were yellow and orange. Then they went away because it was associated with "less quality". Fortunately Srixon changed that. I hope they catch on, it saves people quite a bit of money in finding balls. Especially the mid to high capper.

exactly!

in years past, people always used to pull out a beat up orange or yellow ball when it started getting late and hard to see the ball, or if they had to hit over a hazard

the old colored balls were always the low quality cheap balls, and they always had a stigma.. if you saw someone playing a colored ball, it was a sign that they were playing a "cheap" or inferior golf ball. people dont' like when others can tell they're playing a cheap product from hundreds of yards away.

I think it's good to have choices, and this time with the colored ball press being started by a tour caliber ball, maybe it'll be a longer lasting trend this time (although really I have strong doubts if the traditionalist nature of golf will really allow colored balls to be anything but a passing fad again)

Im not sure. THe traditionalists balk at white putters, non traditional shaped drivers, players cavitys, etc... Times they are a changing.

I like the multicolored golf balls. I'm getting a bit bored with the white ones.

exactly!

in years past, people always used to pull out a beat up orange or yellow ball when it started getting late and hard to see the ball, or if they had to hit over a hazard

the old colored balls were always the low quality cheap balls, and they always had a stigma.. if you saw someone playing a colored ball, it was a sign that they were playing a "cheap" or inferior golf ball. people dont' like when others can tell they're playing a cheap product from hundreds of yards away.

I think it's good to have choices, and this time with the colored ball press being started by a tour caliber ball, maybe it'll be a longer lasting trend this time (although really I have strong doubts if the traditionalist nature of golf will really allow colored balls to be anything but a passing fad again)

You know, when I swtiched my Srizon to the yellow version, for the first couple of hole the oldest guy in my group kept commenting on the action I was getting with my "putt putt" ball. It wasn't until the 5th hole did I realize what he was talking about and I had to show them the sleeve for them to believe me that it was a real golf ball.

But the Srixon yellow isn't the "old" yellow ball. It has a kind of glow or phosphorescence to it that makes it unique.

But the Srixon yellow isn't the "old" yellow ball. It has a kind of glow or phosphorescence to it that makes it unique.

True but the old man doesn't know that. He still refers to colored balls as "putt putt" balls.

Im not sure. THe traditionalists balk at white putters, non traditional shaped drivers, players cavitys, etc... Times they are a changing.

I didn't know if I was going to like the white putter, but I do.

regardless of color, all old yellow and orange balls were basically the cheapest top flite you could buy. these colored balls were almost exclusively a cheap two piece ball back when nice balls were white and had wound cores

this ball has the performance and the distinctive looks, the old ones were a joke

I didn't know if I was going to like the white putter, but I do.

now lets see if you still like it in a year or two, I'm still putting my money on this being a fad (square drivers anyone...)

now lets see if you still like it in a year or two, I'm still putting my money on this being a fad (square drivers anyone...)

But non-traditional shaped drivers are still all over the place.

But non-traditional shaped drivers are still all over the place.

sure, but I'd say things seem to be swinging back towards a more tradtional look
callaway's stepped back from square drivers, back to triangular (while offering much more classic style clubs FT-tour...)
Cleveland seems to be dropping back from the hi-bore (or maybe it's just due for a refresh), but their last couple of driver introductions have been more traditional
some of those TM offerings are a bit funky, and Nike still makes some square clubheads

I guess it depends on which makers you're focusing on, but it seems like a couple of the big brands are stepping back their crazy shaped drivers

sure, but I'd say things seem to be swinging back towards a more tradtional look
callaway's stepped back from square drivers, back to triangular (while offering much more classic style clubs FT-tour...)
Cleveland seems to be dropping back from the hi-bore (or maybe it's just due for a refresh), but their last couple of driver introductions have been more traditional
some of those TM offerings are a bit funky, and Nike still makes some square clubheads

I guess it depends on which makers you're focusing on, but it seems like a couple of the big brands are stepping back their crazy shaped drivers

I would go the complete opposite way.

Nike - Still offers square
Callaway - Ft I line is still crazy looking and the Diablo line is equally non-traditional
Taylormade - Burner line is truly out there and the rumor is the next one is white

Gearing off Japan equipment which is often the case here. The colored balls have been around for a while.

haha yeah, just wait till TaylorMade brings out the yellow and orange and pink putters to match these balls!

I hope they are available soon. Like August 31, when I get paid again.

On the link ddec provided it says will ship Nov 2010. Kinda bummed would of liked these for the outing. Might of been easier to see the balls in the water. LOL

I would go the complete opposite way.

Nike - Still offers square
Callaway - Ft I line is still crazy looking and the Diablo line is equally non-traditional
Taylormade - Burner line is truly out there and the rumor is the next one is white

Gearing off Japan equipment which is often the case here. The colored balls have been around for a while.

I didn't even want to hit the diablo because of the looks...but i ended up wih it in the bag. The superfast driver to me is one of the worst looking drivers ever, but I look forward to hitting it in a few weeks.

I didn't even want to hit the diablo because of the looks...but i ended up wih it in the bag. The superfast driver to me is one of the worst looking drivers ever, but I look forward to hitting it in a few weeks.

People kept warning me about the Diablo at address but I think it looks fine. I just wish they woulda made the lines smooth instead of sharp.

So when they come out and you have your choice of yellow or orange, which one do you choose?

yellow

Id color half of the yellow one orange lol

Id go with orange.. but they need one thats half and half with a white strip down the middle for alignment

Orange for sure. Cant wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellow seems to be slightly more traditional than orange, I seem to remember more yellow balls around than orange ones "back in the day"

I'd play a yellow ball over an orange one!

Easy, yellow.

So when they come out and you have your choice of yellow or orange, which one do you choose?

Both!! Anything that is bright, and not white works for me!
Tried the Srixon tour yellow, but it appears that me and that ball don't get along, and I prefer the e6's!
I need these for the outing! hope I can get them by that time!

Also... "Limited Edition" how limited are we talking here? do I need to buy mass amounts, or will they be around for a while?
Can't wait till the radio show goes up!

Back