Official Hole In One Thread

not read this in a while but congrats to everyone who has joined the club. its an amazing feeling :)

this must be the oldest, shortest sticky thread in the forum ?

One of our members who is 84 years old just came in with a big smile on his face. He had his first hole-in-one today on a par 3 using his PW. He was playing with two other guys in their 80's and they were looking all over for his ball and finally found it in the hole. I guess none of them could see well enough to see how great the shot was! I am so excited for this guy!

One of our members who is 84 years old just came in with a big smile on his face. He had his first hole-in-one today on a par 3 using his PW. He was playing with two other guys in their 80's and they were looking all over for his ball and finally found it in the hole. I guess none of them could see well enough to see how great the shot was! I am so excited for this guy!

Good for them, kind of funny they kept looking for it since they couldn't see it go in the hole, insert he's buying the next round of pediasure joke here!!!

One week ago today, after 50 years of playing, I got my first hole-in-one. #11 at Coffee Creek - 150 yards downhill and slightly downwind - with an 8 iron. Much like the old guys above, I couldn't see it go in. But my playing partner gave me the play by play and I did get to pull it out of the cup. :)

Got my one and only in '92, playing Oakridge Golf Course in Fort Lauderdale. The course was a cow pasture and is now a housing development. I had given up the game and was coming back so I had a hard time breaking 110...Hitting the ball terrible all day...8th hole, 155 yards....Just bunted a 5 wood, the ball hit the green and rolled in...Still shot a 102, but I got the ace... :banana:

5 months ago. Sycuan Golf Resort (Willow Glen Course) San Diego, CA. Having a bad round. 18th hole. 136 yards. 9 iron. 1 hop in the cup.

and there was much rejoicing...

One week ago today, after 50 years of playing, I got my first hole-in-one. #11 at Coffee Creek - 150 yards downhill and slightly downwind - with an 8 iron. Much like the old guys above, I couldn't see it go in. But my playing partner gave me the play by play and I did get to pull it out of the cup. :)

Got my one and only in '92, playing Oakridge Golf Course in Fort Lauderdale. The course was a cow pasture and is now a housing development. I had given up the game and was coming back so I had a hard time breaking 110...Hitting the ball terrible all day...8th hole, 155 yards....Just bunted a 5 wood, the ball hit the green and rolled in...Still shot a 102, but I got the ace... :banana:

5 months ago. Sycuan Golf Resort (Willow Glen Course) San Diego, CA. Having a bad round. 18th hole. 136 yards. 9 iron. 1 hop in the cup.

and there was much rejoicing...

Love hearing Hole in 1 stories...I have yet to get one myself.

Made my first and second* ever hole in ones today at the local muni Pitch and Putt (Short PAR 3)

My old man and I were playing two balls each. We only count the first one, but we have a little game where we have to hit a second ball inside the first...

Anyway, got a 1 on the 110 yard 9th hole.

And on the 90 yard 15th, one bounce and into the cup with my second 'practice' ball! Obviously it doesn't really 'count' since it was the second ball, but man, what a crazy day.

Over the weekend, a friend of mine who's 62 got the first hole in one of his life. I was there and it was the first hole in one I've ever been around. Here's the kicker: NO ONE SAW IT!!
IT was late in the afternnon and the sun was in our eyes. We thought the pin was in the middle and I kind of felt his shot rolled to the back of the green. We couldn't tell cuz as soon as you look up all you see was the sun. My buddy tommy gets to the green and brings a putter and wedge incase it rolled off the back. After two minutes of looking for his ball, one of us finally got the idea to look into the hole and there it was.
Still it was a great experience.
Still waiting for mine......

Aces high! The hole in one club.

Aces high! The hole in one club.

I've witnessed 3, never had one myself. I'm sure this won't be a massive thread but lets here some stories of aces you have either had yourself or witnessed.

High school tryouts sophmore year we were playing an uphill 175 yard par 3....My partner hits the ball left, bounces off a tree, rolls down the hill and about 50 feet onto the green and bam...score!

Lets hear em!

Merged with Hole in One thread. This one gets lost because its hard to search for. It is now a sticky.

Merged with Hole in One thread. This one gets lost because its hard to search for. It is now a sticky.

Ahh thanks JB, I figured there was probably one but a search turned up nothing....thanks for the sticky!!

Saw a hole in one yesterday. I was on 9tee and he was on 17 tee (almost beside each other). His next drive, hit it 12 trees deep into the woods...... and then it kicked out into the fairway.

Whatever that guy had for breakfast, I want some

When I started this thread a few months I had no idea I would soon actually post something in it. I have read the stories and wondered what it must feel like.

Well, today I experienced that feeling and have to say I am still reeling from what happened. I was playing at my home course and started off the round with a triple on the first hole. So, arriving at the Par 3 second hole which is an incline, I took the measurement with my trusty Bushnell laser and the pin was 132. The flag was playing in the front and there was a slight breeze in our face. I guessed it was playing more like 140.

I took out my trust 8 iron; teed my Bridgestone e6 ball up; took a few practive swings with the club. I stepped up to the ball took my stance and can honestly say I did not have any swing thoughts whatsoever. Took my swing and hit the ball absolutely flush and straight at the pin. The ball bounced onced and trickled into the hole. I could not believe I actually saw it drop. MY FIRST ACE!! I was shouting and so was my foursome. When I got to the green and saw the ball in the cup I was totally amazed and numb. I can not explain the feeling.

I was on such a high that I trippled the next hole too and it took me a few more holes to settle down. It did not matter to me what I shot the remainder of the day, but did end up carding a 78 on the Par 62 course. I had everyone sign the card as witnesses and bought a round at the 19th hole. I have laminated the card and will be getting it put into a frame along with the ball.

I look forward to reading more stories.

Stats: Date: 9/18/2010
Par 3 (132 yds uphill)
Club: 8i
Ball: Bridgestone e6

Wow SMG! Congratulations!

Thanks Guys! I am still playing the shot over in my head.

Awesome SMG! What course?

Thanks Clay. The course is called Fox Creek.

Thanks Caleb! I found out about that form earlier today and already filled it out. Cant wait to get the Certificate. I feel like Ralphie in A Christmas Story waiting on his decoder ring now.

Hahaha, I think it goes without saying, we will need pics when you get it.

Absolutely!

That is so awesome SeeMoreGuy! I heard about it today right before we started on the Champion course and I was so excited for you. We are sorry you couldn't come with us but I bet you are glad you were there playing since you got that hole-in-one! That's even better than being here...well that is up for debate. CONGRATS!!!!

When I started this thread a few months I had no idea I would soon actually post something in it. I have read the stories and wondered what it must feel like.

Well, today I experienced that feeling and have to say I am still reeling from what happened. I was playing at my home course and started off the round with a triple on the first hole. So, arriving at the Par 3 second hole which is an incline, I took the measurement with my trusty Bushnell laser and the pin was 132. The flag was playing in the front and there was a slight breeze in our face. I guessed it was playing more like 140.

I took out my trust 8 iron; teed my Bridgestone e6 ball up; took a few practive swings with the club. I stepped up to the ball took my stance and can honestly say I did not have any swing thoughts whatsoever. Took my swing and hit the ball absolutely flush and straight at the pin. The ball bounced onced and trickled into the hole. I could not believe I actually saw it drop. MY FIRST ACE!! I was shouting and so was my foursome. When I got to the green and saw the ball in the cup I was totally amazed and numb. I can not explain the feeling.

I was on such a high that I trippled the next hole too and it took me a few more holes to settle down. It did not matter to me what I shot the remainder of the day, but did end up carding a 78 on the Par 62 course. I had everyone sign the card as witnesses and bought a round at the 19th hole. I have laminated the card and will be getting it put into a frame along with the ball.

I look forward to reading more stories.

Stats: Date: 9/18/2010
Par 3 (132 yds uphill)
Club: 8i
Ball: Bridgestone e6

Back