Official Hole In One Thread

my 2nd year in the club 2v2 matchplay competition.
Par 3 called 'the Wee Drap', reason being its 115 yards from the back medal tee, with about 40yards drop. a burn across the front of the green, 2 large bunkers behind.
was a pretty nice night, and the pin had been positioned in the centre of the green about 10ft on.
equipment was a wilson Di-7 PW, and a bridgestone B330s ball.
was a half punchy shot, and i thought I had hit it pretty nice before i bent down to pick up my tee, almost back up and everyone was cheering and clapping and i was like WTF.
the way the back tee is positioned i couldnt see the bottom of the flag so i totally missed my first (and only) Hole in 1. :D
but i did get to pick my ball out the hole, pitch mark was a couple of feet short and it released and rolled in.
I still have the ball, marked with date and course in my little collection of golf memorabilia.
but i dont have the visual memory of it rolling into the hole..until next time

well in brian... :D

i didnt sign my ball, have no idea which ball it was... might still have it

first thing i did coco was mark the win on the card given it was matchplay, never seen 2 guys so pleased to lose a hole..:D

im a bit of a freak for golf memories. got a scoresaver from every nice course i have played, and lots of old cards where i have shot a good round, or beat friends 10&8 matchplay :D wife doesnt like the mess much.

first thing i did coco was mark the win on the card given it was matchplay, never seen 2 guys so pleased to lose a hole..:D

im a bit of a freak for golf memories. got a scoresaver from every nice course i have played, and lots of old cards where i have shot a good round, or beat friends 10&8 matchplay :D wife doesnt like the mess much.

I keep my old cards too, and strokesavers.
infact i think i have that hole in one card somewhere :D

I made my only (to date) hole-in-one during league fun nite. Nice 7 iron, 165 yds over a ravine. Hit 18" front left, and two-hopped into the hole. I think the rest of the course knew what happened!

My only one in 30+ years golfing.

My only one in 30+ years golfing.

Came last year. Only bad part was that it was to an elevated green and I didn't get to see it.

The hole is Logan country club 152, but plays at least one club long due to the uphill. I hit a really solid 6 iron, right at the pin, but it seemed a little low, and I when I walked up to the green and didn't see my ball I thought it was long. I was actually kicking around in the long grass behind the green when I saw the ball mark, really close, and thought to myself---Maybe---, so I walked up and looked in the hole. The ball mark was about 5 feet past the pin, so it had to have backed up into the hole, which is rare for me with a full mid iron. I let out a big whoop, and did a little dance. Two out of my foursome were short of the green in a bunker, and came popping up out the bunker like gophers.

There were only 3 people outside my foursome in the bar afterwards, so I didn't have to buy too many drinks, but didn't get a full round of glory either.

I got a hole-in-one once, but it was embarrassing so I really don't talk about it. I'm trying to come out of my shell. :)

My experience took place at #3 at Caledonia golf club in Myrtle Beach, SC. The hole was 177 yds and i hit a 6 iron. The ball flew straight into the cup. Here's where it gets interesting! When we got to the green we could see that about 1/2 of the ball was visible. My shot literally plugged into the lip of the hole, 1/2 below the surface, 1/2 above. We called the pro shop and had the ranger come to the green b/c we weren't sure what to do. I had to mark the ball, repair the area and place the ball outside the cup. Not quite a hole in one but a half of one for sure!

Is it true that if you get a hole-in-one you have to treat the entire clubhouse to drinks?? I've yet to get a hole-in-one...however, I've gotten several birdies on Par 3s :D so that's close....

I've also heard that some golf ball companies will send you a certificate if you do get a hole-in-one using their ball?

Is it true that if you get a hole-in-one you have to treat the entire clubhouse to drinks?? I've yet to get a hole-in-one...however, I've gotten several birdies on Par 3s :D so that's close....

I've also heard that some golf ball companies will send you a certificate if you do get a hole-in-one using their ball?

Both are true.

Didn't know about the Certificate thing, But the round of drinks is traditional.

Just curious Harry, what is that girl chasing the guy in the tiger suit with and why?

Just curious Harry, what is that girl chasing the guy in the tiger suit with and why?

It was at the halftime of the Jaguars football game last weekend. The blond chased the "Tiger" around with an oversized golf club.

21902362_640X360.jpg

Closer:

jaguars-mascot.jpg

haa haa That's funny :)

It was at the halftime of the Jaguars football game last weekend. The blond chased the "Tiger" around with an oversized golf club.

I don't get it. :confused2:

hehe

That's Diane playing the part of Elin, isn't it?

Should have put the Tiger in a golf cart made to look like an SUV and then have the blond go after the windows.

Hilarious picture.

I've never had a hole in one and I'm not sure I'm going to. however my best friend did get one when we were growing up and I was there. it was at now demolished Sabal Palm Country Club and I believe it was the 8th hole par 3 about 130 yards. the 8th green had two different greens one over marsh and palm trees and the other was a clear view open shot. the pin was set at the green over the marsh. he hit the ball over the palms and marsh and we couldn't see anything but we knew he hit it good. then we heard this noise (the noise of the ball hitting the pin) and we looked at each other and started sprinting for the green. it was awesome. we got up there and didn't see anything and sure enough it was in the hole. it was really great. best 2 parts about the story the ball was a Wilson Flame and the course is now demolished and being turned into condos so I tell him it doesn't count there's not even a course there.

Eisenhower Park (nassau county, NY), the red course. par 3 13th hole, 192 slightly uphill, big trap front right, pin tucked behind trap (of course!) and couldn't see the hole because the trap has a high lip.

just came off a 7 on the easy par 5 twelfth hole. slammed a 3 metal high into the wind. faded to the pin and disappeared behind the lip of the bunker. buddies said hey that could be in. i said yeah, right. didn't see the ball as we walked up to the green so i started looking in the rough between the lip of the bunker and the fringe. no ball. buddies said look in the hole. WTF, there it was. sweet.

Only one in my golfing career that spans about 35 years. On July 31, 2007 I was golfing with 3 others at Pipers Heath Golf Course in Milton, Ontario, Canada (near Toronto). Hole #13 is 170 yards from the blue tees. A steady breeze against us so I hit my TM 7-wood and it hung up a little but we saw it land on the green and then disappear. It is a long green that slopes down at the back and that's where the pin was. I thought that's where it had rolled. We got to the green and no ball! I looked pass the green and could not find it in the rough. Looked in the hole and there it was, my darling little ProV1 #3 staring up at me. The cart girl who was just getting there said she thought she had seen it hit the flag and disappear as she was approaching. We paced it off and it was 182 yards. So I had 4 witnesses to verify my milestone. The ball and the scorecard are duly signed and attested and sits proudly on my desk. Reported it to the course and got a golf cap and some trinkets and pictures with the Pro. Made history on their website for the hole-in-one. Paid for drinks and lunches for my 4-some and went home a very happy man! :blob::bananadance::alien2:

Devil Bend, Victoria, Australia

par 3 3rd

oh so close

162 yds, perfect day...hole 35yds below tee box...

hit P wedge landed 8 ft behind hole and spun back, hit flag stick and bounced off to 1 ft away.......ouch

didn't make the putt :beat-up:

I've been close a few times, have birdied a few Par 3 holes :D

Amazing but True Golf Facts

Amazing but True Golf Facts

The odds of a Tour player making an ace are 2,375 to 1. The odds for an average golfer are 12,000 to 1, according to Golf Digest . The PGA Tour averages 31 holes in one a year compared to 25 on the LPGA Tour.

Just a tad bit of information for the daily Golf Fact calendar :)

Back