Miyazaki Shafts Demo Day Reviews THP Outing

the c kua line was great. Tested in the supertri on the LM, and in a new line driver coming out. Like the Black 61 stiff as well.

maybe i can figure out a way to get a little c.kua testing done one of these days. may have to make a trip to FL again for some quiet time on the range with me, the R9 and some shafts!

I tried a couple Miyazaki Shafts:

C Kua 59 gram: Tried this in the top secret driver and I fell in love. Felt bad for cheating on the other driver combo but wow. It was light but not whippy for me. The ball launched high but it was not ballooning and the wind didn't catch it as much as other's I've tried. The shaft felt solid overall and I was putting some nice drives out there. Smooth is the best description for this shaft.

Black Series: Tried this in a secret club and was extremely impressed. Extremely consistant and was so easy to control. I didn't feel like I could under/over swing with either shaft. This shaft felt more substantial than the C Kua but its not a bad thing.

I'm not really sure which one I preferred more. I'm pretty sure I hit a blue series shaft in an R9 ST but I can't remember 100%. I just have Kusula in my notes haha. I didn't get a chance on the launch monitor but I will be bugging JB/TC because they know about these shafts and had a chance to watch my "swing" lol. Again I just want to state how phenominal these shafts felt. If anyone has a chance to hit one please do so. You wont be disappointed.

Overall so impressed by the Miyazaki shafts. They were easy to swing and the ball flights produced were insane. I've gone through an iron shaft fitting but never once have I done so with a driver.

I have three drivers. Two of them sport 75 gram shafts. I never liked "lite" shafts until now. I hit the C Kua 59 & I believe one was as light as a C Kua 37 gram shaft. Both shafts were hit in the "Top Secret" driver. I must have hit 70 + drives swapping back and forth between different grams and shaft flex. I was in shock with these puppies! I thought I would be all over the range with these too light shafts. Either I am getting older, (no crap ol gray) or these shafts have superior quality over the other light weight shafts that have felt like a wet noddle. I wish Cobra had given these a go (hint hint) a while back.... I tried to get the stats on the launch monitor but nothing ever came up? Maybe because my swing speed of 210 mph was just too much or maybe my swing speed of 15 mph was too low but it never registered for me. hmmmm now that I think about it, Danilo had just came off it. Maybe the monitor was freaked out after the mountain of a man left it shivering in the sun. Anyways I am sold on the Miyazaki Kua shafts. Try one and see if they work for you. This ol gray is gonna have to have one in some form or fashion.

Great write up gray. Sorry you couldn't get on the monitor buddy

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I have three drivers. Two of them sport 75 gram shafts. I never liked "lite" shafts until now. I hit the C Kua 59 & I believe one was as light as a C Kua 37 gram shaft. Both shafts were hit in the "Top Secret" driver. I must have hit 70 + drives swapping back and forth between different grams and shaft flex. I was in shock with these puppies! I thought I would be all over the range with these too light shafts. Either I am getting older, (no crap ol gray) or these shafts have superior quality over the other light weight shafts that have felt like a wet noddle. I wish Cobra had given these a go (hint hint) a while back.... I tried to get the stats on the launch monitor but nothing ever came up? Maybe because my swing speed of 210 mph was just too much or maybe my swing speed of 15 mph was too low but it never registered for me. hmmmm now that I think about it, Danilo had just came off it. Maybe the monitor was freaked out after the mountain of a man left it shivering in the sun. Anyways I am sold on the Miyazaki Kua shafts. Try one and see if they work for you. This ol gray is gonna have to have one in some form or fashion.

HAHA, you cracked me up good. I too found the C. Kuas to be remarkably solid for being so light. I did not have an optimal flex in the gold to try (Regular flexish I believe), yet I still hit the drivers that shall not be named with it and found it to still give very good results, much better than many of the stock shift shaft drivers I tried.

i am wondering if anyone with a swing speed or around 115 got to try the c.kua's? did the miyazaki guys try to fit you into a c.kua, or with that swingspeed did they lean toward the kusalas?

i am wondering if anyone with a swing speed or around 115 got to try the c.kua's? did the miyazaki guys try to fit you into a c.kua, or with that swingspeed did they lean toward the kusalas?

the guy with the post above yours was consistently in the upper teens in SS as is my brother. i also think that rxgus has a pretty stout SS and i was watching him blister shots with the c.kua. they were incredibly stable and i think everyone felt like they would hook or slice the ball with them, being so light, but it just wasn't the case.

I got a chance to hit a C.Kua in an unreleased driver. I don't have the swing speed that you do- 108-110... but with this driver I was in the 112-113 range. I had no problems with the set-up and was getting good accuracy and I always felt I had control of the driver. There were better drivers for me distance wise (the launch monitor doesn't lie) but overall I came away very impressed.

Edit: Man- TC is sneaky fast. This forum leader thing is going to his head!

If Vijay Singh, Kevin Stadler, David Toms, Jerry Kelly and others can hit the thing I would suppose too much swing is not a problem?

If Vijay Singh, Kevin Stadler, David Toms, Jerry Kelly and others can hit the thing I would suppose too much swing is not a problem?

they're all old duey, just like you! nah, i think you bring up an excellent point.

my swing speed was in the 100-103 range. I hit the 38 gram shaft a bunch of times. It felt stable. I thought it would mess up my swing, but it didn't

they're all old duey, just like you! nah, i think you bring up an excellent point.

Haha, old yes, but any of them can still put the pedal down. I didn't get to swing one, but am looking forward to the next chance.

the guy with the post above yours was consistently in the upper teens in SS as is my brother. i also think that rxgus has a pretty stout SS and i was watching him blister shots with the c.kua. they were incredibly stable and i think everyone felt like they would hook or slice the ball with them, being so light, but it just wasn't the case.

What he said... and again, I'm pretty sure the international flex code on the C. Kuas I tried were in the Regular to Stiff range, well below what I would normally be fitted into. (TC has a mind like a trap... don't have a clue how he remembered my SS from the 5 or so swings on the monitor out of the hundreds he helped with)
If you wanna bomb your drives, I can't think of any reason not to get fit for a C. Kua.

i am not scared of losing the ball left or right with this shaft, but i am guessing since these are made to play lighter and longer that we will need to go down in loft a bit. hopefully, the mystery driver company which we all know who this is, will figure this out and offer lofts at 7.5 or even 6 would be awesome.

i am not scared of losing the ball left or right with this shaft, but i am guessing since these are made to play lighter and longer that we will need to go down in loft a bit. hopefully, the mystery driver company which we all know who this is, will figure this out and offer lofts at 7.5 or even 6 would be awesome.

I think I was hitting a 9.0 degree (down from my normal 9.5- JB would have to confirm it was a 9 though) and I didn't notice a big change in launch angle. Infact, I hit a VERY high ball and the C.Kua did a VERY good job of keeping my launch angles down. You may need to go down 0.5-1 degree but thats about it. These shafts are the real deal and play very "conventional". To be honest, I am more worried about spin than launch angle and even then I was still getting good numbers

I think that the lightness of the shaft will not be a very big factor in hitting the ball too high. If you wanna keep it down, you can just dial up the Flex code for the last 2 digits and you should see no issues. I'm telling you, even though this shaft is very light, it behaves like a heavier shaft. Even with a relatively soft tip, I was not hitting skyballs or anything.

I think that the lightness of the shaft will not be a very big factor in hitting the ball too high. If you wanna keep it down, you can just dial up the Flex code for the last 2 digits and you should see no issues. I'm telling you, even though this shaft is very light, it behaves like a heavier shaft. Even with a relatively soft tip, I was not hitting skyballs or anything.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. What people are forgetting is that with the Intl Flex Code, you can just simply change a section of the shaft (assuming they make one) and have the ball flight change dramatically. There is no reason to drop in loft.

These shafts were being demo'd left and right! That is a good thing but it was a bad thing as I wanted a stiff flex for a round and all that was left was an xstiff. But, it shows, people love these shafts

These shafts were being demo'd left and right! That is a good thing but it was a bad thing as I wanted a stiff flex for a round and all that was left was an xstiff. But, it shows, people love these shafts

yeah, the miyazaki's were everywhere, like pale rider.

these shafts felt great. I was down to them and the project x. May just have to get both. They were better than advertised. They were no indian princess

these shafts felt great. I was down to them and the project x. May just have to get both. They were better than advertised. They were no indian princess

which miyazaki were you demo'ing?

Back