Miyazaki Shafts Demo Day Reviews THP Outing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Fall Golf Outing has concluded and one of the many features of the THP Golf Outings is a rather large demo day with more equipment than you could ever imagine for all of the people to try out. We provided notebooks, pens, and gear and ask that people give their thoughts on the equipment that they tried.

This thread will be devoted for the Miyazaki Shafts that were out there.

Kusala Silver
Kusala Blue
Kusala Black
C. Kua (many weights)

This is the list and we look forward to hearing everybody's thoughts that got to experience this incredible day of demoing equipment.

Hit the Miyazaki Blue and Black, I kind of like the black better, but they both felt amazing.

The C Kua I hit a 38s, I couldn't believe how good it felt, I was very shocked. I thought that light of a shaft would bother me, but it didn't. I also hit it in the 59s and it felt just as good. I need to upgrade to a Miyazaki...have any laying around? haha

This might have been the one most disapointing demo part to me, but it was my own fault. I didn't bring my regular R9 to trade heads, but I tried a few shafts in the Supertri, just didn't ask enough questions from those there in the know. I'm guessing P4B or TC would have sent me in the right direction, but finding "That" shaft, the one that just smooths for my swing is daunting, to say the least, when we are talking about high, mid and low kick points.

I will say that they are a beautiful shaft and this may sound odd, but I almost feel like I should support them to some degree. The fact that they are doing things right, in my book, through the international flex code makes me wish others did this and a lot of loyalty to them for their efforts. I can see myself being fit properly to one of these sooner than later.

I would like to see more than one launch monitor or see some people spend a little less time there. I really wanted to demo some shafts and see results but....I got no love there.

I would like to see more than one launch monitor or see some people spend a little less time there. I really wanted to demo some shafts and see results but....I got no love there.

I'm with you on that one. P4B tried getting me on at one point, took forever, but those things can't be cheap. People just need to keep it at less than 100 shots, lol.

Miyazki Kusala Silver

I have read so much about shafts on this site, and still, I was not a true believer. I thought that a better golfer would see results, but a high handicapper or beginner couldn't really benefit from a high end shaft. I was so, so wrong.

I have had issues with my driver for a long time. I know that my swing could be better, but I've been working hard to get it there. My normal drive was a low pull fade that stayed in the fairway or just off and my miss was a big push slice. Even my good shots were not great and I could hit my 3w about as long as my driver.

I put this shaft in the SuperTri and it was like night and day. I was playing a slight fade that took off like a rocket. I wasn't skying the ball out there, but my trajectory was really great (when comparing to my previous experience). I saw a ridiculous increase in distance and accuracy. It wasn't able to cure the heel shot into the bushes (haha), but it made a huge difference in my long game. I will be gaming this combo asap. I have to say thanks to Miyazaki for sending these and JB and TC for helping me pick one out. It has put a new excitement into my game that I can't quite describe.

The best thing is that I had the chance to try out a couple other Miyazaki's first. With all of the flex codes, it was pretty easy to figure out the right one to try. I tried the blue first, but it was still a little low. I knew I need a softer tip, so it was easy to pick the Silver as the next one to try.

I'm with you on that one. P4B tried getting me on at one point, took forever, but those things can't be cheap. People just need to keep it at less than 100 shots, lol.

I think you and I had a good system Due...we alternated after about 5 swings a piece

Yeah, it worked great that way. Also, thanks for the help on there, you had that thing figured out pretty good.

Yeah, it worked great that way. Also, thanks for the help on there, you had that thing figured out pretty good.

if only I knew how to manipulate my numbers:laugh:

I hit a few Blacks in a non driver club I can't talk about yet, and it was the best club of that type I've ever hit, and when I can buy one (or 2) when they come out, I am going to. Its like a bonus that these are going to come standard in certain OEM clubs at the same price as other clubs with comparably crappy shafts.

yes, everyone having an opportunity to spend some time on the launch monitore was a bit of an issue and i'm sure it's something that will get iron'd out for the next one.

i was hoping to demo some of the c.kua's and never got around to it. *still kicking myself*

i'm glad that so many were able to find that perfect combination. it was nice to see hawk blister some balls and have that confidence in his driver, it was nice seeing kellybo find a shaft that will work out well for her game.

thanks to miyazaki for supplying so much wonderful stuff. i think that there are a lot of folks who are extremely happy with your products.

i would be extremely happy if the UPS man dropped one off at my house soon... time to get working on that

After talking to several people there I'm getting the idea that the silver might be the starting point for me. I need to get the ball a bit higher and my measly 96 mph swing, (if I come out of my shoes), needs a bit more tip I'd quess. I sure hope we start seeing these around here so I can get these on a monitor and really find the numbers soon.

i would be extremely happy if the UPS man dropped one off at my house soon... time to get working on that

Yeah, have him stop by her, heck its on the way. :D

After talking to you I think that might be a good place to start Duey. You seemed to be similar to me when we talked about what you were looking for in a shaft.

After talking to you I think that might be a good place to start Duey. You seemed to be similar to me when we talked about what you were looking for in a shaft.

Other than an auto-pilot switch, I really think these guy's have the consumer in mind. Pretty crazy when we can tinker around just a bit and sort of like paint by numbers, bingo here you go. I don't has your swing speed, but a pretty slow transition and from talking to you it seems like the silver would sure be a close starting point. Possibly a lighter version.

Other than an auto-pilot switch, I really think these guy's have the consumer in mind. Pretty crazy when we can tinker around just a bit and sort of like paint by numbers, bingo here you go. I don't has your swing speed, but a pretty slow transition and from talking to you it seems like the silver would sure be a close starting point. Possibly a lighter version.

actually, your ss #'s are pretty similar to hawk's if i remember correctly. after watching you hit some balls at that palm tree in the middle of the range duey, i'd say a silver might be optimal for you.

Due, I am in the mid 90's as well.

actually, your ss #'s are pretty similar to hawk's if i remember correctly. after watching you hit some balls at that palm tree in the middle of the range duey, i'd say a silver might be optimal for you.

Great, sounds like a starting point, thanks TC and Hawk. I hope they will start getting these up in my neck of the woods. I can see a shaft change coming to my driver and 3 wood.

Got to try out the Miyazaki black and it's an awesome shaft. Hitting great balls with it and the only thing I felt was that it was a little whippy for my taste but that's possibly because the flex code was not made for me. I'm sure, once fit, these will get some A+ positives. The CKua's were just too light for me and I was all over the place with them. My hands were flipping the club from here to there, a common problem I have when the shaft is too light (happened also with the Superfast).

I really enjoyed the C.Kua shafts when I tried them first in a driver to be named later. I was getting great visual dispersion and distance however when I put it on the monitor I just wasn't seeing the same results. I would certainly be willing to game them (they felt GREAT) but I would need to mess around with them a little more before I did.

I would love to say that I spent a lot of time hitting the Kusula Series and finding the right shaft... but I didn't. I plugged in the black took 5 swings on the launch monitor and had perfect numbers. I picked up a lot of distance over the C.Kua I was using earlier and it felt just as nice. I have never hit drives like I was hitting on that range. I was able to game the 69 gm Black on the course Saturday and Sunday and I think I am sold. I would have loved to hit my current set up to get it's numbers too- just to see how much I am missing not playing the Black.

I also would have liked to see the difference between the 69 gm and 71 gram black and what it did for my spin and dispersion. We only had the 69 gram and I hit it well- but for the sake of completeness it would be nice to compare. If I am going to drop that much on a shaft I should probably get the perfect one and not just a "good" one

These were definitely some of the most popular items at the demo day...it's great to see a co. like Miyazaki send so much stuff for everyone to play with and experience the benefits of a shaft fitting. I'm looking forward to having a fitting done to replace the shaft in my 5w

i'm still so bummed that i didn't have the time to test a c.kua. it was one of the things that i was really looking forward to. it's cool how there just seems to be a miyazaki that will work for just about everyone.

+1..this is a wonderful plan by Miyazaki...something for everyone!
i'm still so bummed that i didn't have the time to test a c.kua. it was one of the things that i was really looking forward to. it's cool how there just seems to be a miyazaki that will work for just about everyone.

No doubt. They have so much variation in their lines that it was very easy to find the right fit. I love the Intl Flex Code. Makes perfect sense and takes the guesswork out of shaft fitting.

Back