LPGA Tour Championship [Spoilers]

Ha! That's awesome! Lord knows I do that quite a bit.....

Ellie is sitting on the couch next to me watching this tourney.
1112310447_sF2pd-L.jpg

That's adorable GG!! I wish my puppy Cooper had the same patience.... he's always running around, happy as a clam!

Very tough course! Given the tournament this is as it should be.

Suzann P just dropped the SH!T bomb during her interview on the air. Never expected to hear that from her.

I guess you didn't hear her drop the F*** bomb during a Solheim interview a few years back. lol

We have the cameras packed, we are bundled up, and about to head over to the course for today's round. It's not quite as windy was it was yesterday which should help the earlier groups but it's still pretty cold for Florida. We are in the mid 40's but the sun is shining so it should be a great day!

Spent the morning watching the girls play. Followed around some great groups and got a TON of pictures for everybody. We will get them all uploaded soon.

Some of these girls are playing absolutely GREAT golf and it is going to be a good weekend.

My daughter and I's experience at the LPGA tournament. We arrived and made a trip to the putting green. We were able to see Morgan Pressel, Paula Creamer, Brittany Lincicome, Suzann Pettersen, and Christie Kerr putting away. Kaylee enjoyed seeing up them up close. Then, we went to the grandstand to see a few groups tee off on #1. It is a clinic to watch them hit the ball. Kaylee told me I needed to be quiet while they were hitting. It was about lunch time, we headed toward concessions.

Yesterday, I explained to Kaylee that her favorite golfer, Natalie Gulbis had to withdraw from the tournament due to injury. Kaylee was disappointed but she was still excited to see Paula Creamer. We sat down to eat our lunch. I turn and I see coming down the middle of the walkway, Natalie Gulbis. I quickly told Kaylee, she knew it was her. I asked Kaylee, let's go talk to her. She said, ok. We walk over and said, hello Natalie, she asks what's your name? My daughter responds softly. I told her that she gave Kaylee a golf ball at a tournament in Maryland over a year ago. I asked her if she was feeling all right. She said, she was sore and looked at Kaylee, injuries are part of being an athlete. Kaylee gave her a quick hug and started to walk away. Natalie told her she was signing pictures to come on over. We followed her to the table. Natalie asked Kaylee to spell her name. After she signed the photo,

Natalie says, can I take a picture with you? I want to post it on my twitter, http://twitpic.com/3cv45x. Kaylee responds, sure. I was the camera man with her iphone. I was so nervous that it took 3 photos to get to this one.

She signed her hat. We told her thank you very much and walked back to our lunch that we left on our table. Kaylee and I were talking and then, she wanted to go back and talk to her some more. She wanted to ask her questions and talk about her golf game.

We went back to the table after the line went down a little. Natalie said, you are back? What's up? Kaylee said, I can hit a ball 100 yards. She said really, what kind of driver do you use? Kaylee said, Wilson. What color is it? She said purple. Then she asked, do you have any tips? Play in a lot of tournaments, play against your friends, and practice. We told her thank you for taking the time to chat with her and that we hoped she felt better soon.

It was a great experience. We decided to go to the LPGA shop and look around. They gave Kaylee a poster and an LPGA sticker for free. Then, she wanted to see Paula play. So, we went over to 16 and walked with her all the way to 18. She loved watching and walking with her down the fairways.

This morning, I heard about a junior golf clinic. I called the ticket office and asked if they were taking walk ups. They said, yes. We were walking towards the driving range. I see a woman that looks very familiar. Hello Annika. I receive no response. Slightly surprised, we continue to our destination. Then I see the same woman teaching the golf clinic. It is not Annika but Charlotta Sorenstam, her sister. They have a Q&A session with the children. Kaylee goes to a few stations with pitching, aiming, balance, and chipping lessons with several LPGA golf instructors. One was in a recent Golf Digest article, top 20 instructors under 40. Kate Tempesta spent about 15 mins with her at one station. Then, Kaylee moved over to the driving range. She took some full swings with a 7-iron and her last couple balls she hit very solid. Then, she received an autograph from Charlotta Sorenstam on her poster. They gave out a nice goody bag of golf items.

Walking back to the car, we were talking about how much fun we had. Christie Kerr is coming down the cart path. She sees Kaylee and gives her a golf ball. She was excited and it made for a great ending. We proceeded to the exit.

What a wonderful day at the golf course. The LPGA knows how to put on an event. We had an amazing time.

Wow sounds like an amazing day. I'm glad you and your daughter had fun.

Sounds like someone had quite an amazing day...and I'm guessing you did as well. That's super that the ladies were so personal with you two.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

LPGA Tournament

LPGA Tournament

Went over to the LPGA tournament in Orlando today. It was my first LPGA event and I was highly impressed with the girls. The quality of play and their ball-striking was awesome. They don't hit it as far as the men but are very accurate.
Other impressions......some of those girls are physically BIG. Six feet and over for some. And of course, some are very small. But, they all hit the ball very nice. The girls are also much friendlier than the guys on tour. Both to each other and the spectators.
The course (Grand Cypress) was beautiful. Great layout and well maintained. I need to play there some day.
All in all, a great experience. Everyone should go to an LPGA event when you can,

Merged this with another thread on the same topic.

Nice to see you again today Capt!

I'm going to have to get to one of these tourneys some day.

Look forward to seeing some great golf from the girls today!

Wish I could actually watch this. Sounds like the conditions are pretty rough.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Wish I could actually watch this. Sounds like the conditions are pretty rough.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Hawk -- It would be fun to watch these experts play in the wind and manage their games. It gives you awesome respect for their abilities.

The course looks amazing. There was two inch rough. The greens are very undulated. The pin positions were challenging. They had to be accurate with their approaches. I'm sure they will be tougher today. There were a few mis hit chips that the ball rolled back down and some putts that rolled off the green. I was glad I was not putting on those greens. Cristie Kerr said on the broadcast, the conditions were like a US Open. The ladies at the top of the leader board have earned their position with some fantastic play.

I wish it would get more coverage (hours of broadcast). This is a big tournament...much bigger then the Chevron World Challenge IMHO, which only has 18 golfers.

I have to agree with Sean on this one. I would much rather watch this tourny that the tiger tourney.

Back