LPGA Tour Championship [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release. THP will be on hand for all of your Tour Championship coverage.

EDIT: See post #5 for final field announcement

Defending champion Anna Nordqvist and fellow Orlando natives Paula Creamer and Suzann Pettersen lead the early commitments to the 2010 LPGA Tour Championship field. Nordqvist, who won the rain-shortened 2009 LPGA Tour Championship in Houston, is in search of her third-career LPGA victory at Grand Cypress Golf Club in her adopted hometown of Orlando.

The final field will be announced at a press conference on Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010 at 11 a.m. EST at Grand Cypress Golf Club.

"I'm really excited because winning the Tour Championship last year is a great memory and such a good way to end my rookie year," Nordqvist said. "Playing in Orlando where I live in front of friends and family is going to be great. It’s the last tournament of the year and I am really excited."

The Swede, who practices regularly at Grand Cypress Golf Club, became a Rolex First-Time Winner at the 2009 LPGA Championship and capped off her rookie campaign with a victory at the LPGA Tour Championship. She was also a member of the 2009 European Solheim Cup Team.

Creamer, the 2010 U.S. Women’s Open champion, overcame a thumb injury early in the season to win her first-career major championship and ninth LPGA title at Oakmont in July. She will look to put the finishing touches on her 2010 comeback story at Grand Cypress Golf Club next month.

Pettersen, a six-time LPGA winner, has been in the middle of the season-long battle for Rolex Rankings No. 1. Currently ranked No. 5 in the world, the 29-year-old has 11 top-10 and nine top-5 finishes in 17 starts this season.

Fans can call 1-888-LPGATIX (574-2849) or log-on to www.LPGATourChampionship.org to choose from a variety of ticket options. Individual Practice Day Tickets for Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov. 30 – Dec. 1) are $10, while Individual Competition Day Tickets for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Dec. 2 – 5) are $20. Additionally, Weekly Grounds Tickets are available for $65. Individual Day Clubhouse Passes are available for $35, while Weekly Clubhouse Passes are available for $105. Finally, the Grand Cypress Ticket Package provides 24 Any Day Grounds Tickets (Tuesday through Sunday) for $300.

Children 17 and under will receive free admission with a ticketed adult. Active military members and their immediate family can receive free tournament admission when showing a valid active military ID at the main admission gate.

Last edited:
You guys are going to have such a good time!!

Any event that THP provides onsite coverage of is a great event! Thanks guys!

I will especially be looking for some great photos. hehe

The final field has been announced. Below are the names:

Helen Alfredsson
Beth Bader
Kyeong Bae
Amanda Blumenherst
Heather Bowie Young
Ashli Bunch
Silvia Cavalleri
Irene Cho
Misun Cho
Chella Choi
Hye Jung Choi
Na Yeon Choi
Ilmi Chung
Paula Creamer
Diana D'Alessio
Laura Davies
Laura Diaz
Meredith Duncan
Moira Dunn
Tania Elosegui
Allison Fouch
Meaghan Francella
Louise Friberg
Katie Futcher
Sandra Gal
Julieta Granada
Natalie Gulbis
Sophie Gustafson
Nicole Hage
Allison Hanna
Mina Harigae
Maria Hernandez
Maria Hjorth
Katherine Hull
Amy Hung
M.J. Hur
Pat Hurst
Vicky Hurst
Karine Icher
Juli Inkster
Jimin Jeong
Eun-Hee Ji
Lorie Kane
Haeji Kang
Jimin Kang
Soo-Yun Kang
Sarah Kemp
Katie Kempter
Cristie Kerr
Christina Kim
In-Kyung Kim
Mi Hyun Kim
Mindy Kim
Song-Hee Kim
Yoo Kyeong Kim
Candie Kung
Cindy LaCrosse
Brittany Lang
Ilhee Lee
Meena Lee
Sarah Lee
Seon Hwa Lee
Taylor Leon
Stacy Lewis
Brittany Lincicome
Pernilla Lindberg
Leta Lindley
Stephanie Louden
Paige Mackenzie
Catriona Matthew
Jill McGill
Mhairi McKay
Kristy McPherson
Lisa Meldrum
Na On Min
Ai Miyazato
Mika Miyazato
Janice Moodie
Paola Moreno
Becky Morgan
Azahara Munoz
Gwladys Nocera
Anna Nordqvist
Ji Young Oh
Angela Park
Jin Young Pak
Se Ri Pak
Gloria Park
Jane Park
Suzann Pettersen
Stacy Prammanasudh
Morgan Pressel
Reilley Rankin
Anna Rawson
Beatriz Recari
Michele Redman
Jean Reynolds
Samantha Richdale
Jennifer Rosales
Giulia Sergas
Alena Sharp
Jiyai Shin
Karin Sjodin
Libby Smith
Sarah Jane Smith
Aree Song
Louise Stahle
Angela Stanford
Karen Stupples
Kris Tamulis
Yani Tseng
Momoko Ueda
Mariajo Uribe
Alison Walshe
Wendy Ward
Adrienne White
Leah Wigger
Amy Yang
Eunjung Yi
Sun Young Yoo

Alternates
001 Christi Cano
002 Tanya Dergal
003 Lisa Strom
004 Nicole Jeray
005 Michelle Ellis
006 Russy Gulyanamitta
007 Jessica Shepley
008 Brandie Burton
009 Cathryn Bristow
010 Dorothy Delasin
011 Young-A Yang
012 Jackie Gallagher-Smith

I know Wie was injured at the last tournament. I'm a little surprised she's not in this event. It is a very strong field.

• Admin
THP Radio Show tomorrow on this one and it was a FUN show as we welcomed Golf4Her in for our predictions. Quite a few laughs.

Hehe I grew up with Beth baders brother , they run a horse racing outfit around here.

Oh cool, looking forward to the pictures!!

Hey GG, no Monday qualifier for you??

Sweet, I will be listening to this very soon. I like these shows

We just got back from the range and putting green at the Tour Championship. We will be putting up a bunch of pictures later today.

The cold and windy conditions out there are not making it easy on the girls. Right now there is a 6 way tie for the lead at -2 but there are many who are well over par including Ai Miyazato who finished +8 today.

Wow, the male host of BBDR is on this broadcast. I suppose he's been doing this a while, but the Big Break show is the only thing I've seen him on!

Looking forward to seeing the ladies in action.

I kinda like when they interview players walking after their tee shots, but I can't help but wonder how the players really feel about it. Do they have some sort of signal they give to the person to stay away because I really don't feel like talking to you right now?

Suzann P just dropped the SH!T bomb during her interview on the air. Never expected to hear that from her.

Maybe that will stop them from interviewing players on the course! haha

I had to rewind it because I missed that - - - to be fair though, she just said "I like to give LD sh!t". I was expecting to hear her cussing!

The best part was that she was dropping an S bomb while her caddy was poking her in the butt with a golf club.

Maybe that will stop them from interviewing players on the course! haha

I had to rewind it because I missed that - - - to be fair though, she just said "I like to give LD sh!t". I was expecting to hear her cussing!

I enjoyed the interview with Leta Lindley. I don't recall hearing of her before.

makes me love her that much more hehe
Suzann P just dropped the SH!T bomb during her interview on the air. Never expected to hear that from her.

Suzann Pettersen drop "S" bomb

Suzann Pettersen drop "S" bomb

Oops, just shows she is human and forgot she was on TV. After hearing that, I think she's pretty cool. :D

Back