5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Glad to see so many people on board!

Kelly and I joined a local gym last night and are about to head up there for a workout then to the golf course for some fun. We are very excited for everyone on here who are comitted to making a positive change in their lives. Stay strong, stay tuned, and better health to ya :blob:

Haha, thanks for the new avatar, lol. Good luck everyone!

Haha, thanks for the new avatar, lol. Good luck everyone!

Thanks Due and my new avatar is my goal for 2011! That Richard Simmons avatar had me all paranoid and stuff :nono:

Thanks Due and my new avatar is my goal for 2011! That Richard Simmons avatar had me all paranoid and stuff :nono:

You'll make it buddy, you have KB in your corner.

You'll make it buddy, you have KB in your corner.

You are so right Due and everyone in this thread will support each other for a healthy 2011 and beyond. It's hard to walk alone up a steep mountain but when you got friends at your back, the burden is lighter.

I'll join in on this too... but I am not going to start until Jan 5th... lol going on vacation down south after Christmas, so I don't want to be watching the calories then!

I'll put in for 10lbs, currently 205 and 6'2". Want to do something like One-T and gain more muscle, while losing fat.

Exactly Rbelbin. This pic tells the story well!

I'll join in on this too... but I am not going to start until Jan 5th... lol going on vacation down south after Christmas, so I don't want to be watching the calories then!

I'll put in for 10lbs, currently 205 and 6'2". Want to do something like One-T and gain more muscle, while losing fat.

sweet...swimsuit contest!

KellyBo, count me as one of those skinny but out of shape kinda guys like your son. I haven't been to the gym regularly in almost 2 years now and it affects my sleep, my energy and all of that. Heck, chasing the kids around the house winds me right now.

I have been telling my wife for the last month that I'm fed up and about to go back to the gym regularly, but just haven't been motivated enough to make the first step. Well, I'm posting here to bring a little accountability to the table. No weight loss for me, just cardio improvement and a little toning up has to happen.

Yeah golf4life, even skinny folks need to be healthy. Both of my boys used the PX90 program and look really great. They both worked out right at home with it. In fact, last year my oldest asked for that program for Christmas. I bought him that plus dumbbells, chin/push up bar, and bands. I was very pleased to see it was well used.

Wow great thread Gray and I love all the participation! Sorry to be late to the party but I will also commit to 20 lbs by the outing. This couldn't have come at a better time as I was going to start my changes. I'm currently at 230 lbs which is the heaviest I have ever been and I am so unhappy about it. Ideally I'd like to lose 50 lbs but I know that in the race of losing weight, slow and steady wins the race. I figured 20 is a great number to shoot for by May. Like a lot of folks here it's all about diet and exercise.

Hey WR, let me know how that NFL workout thing works. I got a Wii and was always curious about it. It's nice to go to something else when the boredom creeps in from working out on an elliptical for a month straight.

Wow great thread Gray and I love all the participation! Sorry to be late to the party but I will also commit to 20 lbs by the outing. This couldn't have come at a better time as I was going to start my changes. I'm currently at 230 lbs which is the heaviest I have ever been and I am so unhappy about it. Ideally I'd like to lose 50 lbs but I know that in the race of losing weight, slow and steady wins the race. I figured 20 is a great number to shoot for by May. Like a lot of folks here it's all about diet and exercise.

Hey WR, let me know how that NFL workout thing works. I got a Wii and was always curious about it. It's nice to go to something else when the boredom creeps in from working out on an elliptical for a month straight.

You got it Spank, gonna start it Monday.

I started my work out routine and I am really sore. I went at the ol' bowflex a bit too hard. I went out and bought some of those ziggy Reeboks to run in, but that ain't gonna happen today. LOL

I started my work out routine and I am really sore. I went at the ol' bowflex a bit too hard. I went out and bought some of those ziggy Reeboks to run in, but that ain't gonna happen today. LOL

Nice and slow, do not try to take on the world the first day Clam. it did not take you a day to get out of shape, it is not gonna take a day to get you back into shape. ( Though I still believe round is a shape!! )

Nice and slow, do not try to take on the world the first day Clam. it did not take you a day to get out of shape, it is not gonna take a day to get you back into shape. ( Though I still believe round is a shape!! )

Too true! The bowflex has a way of making it so easy to change to a different exercise that I was able to do much more of actually working out. Most of the time I used to spend switching out weights. Ibuprofen is starting to kick in and does wonders when ya wash it down with a Jooooose. I might be able to run yet.

I want to join in on this as well. But I need to make large wholesale lifestyle changes.

We all laughed like hell at at this post:

I lose 15 lbs. early each day not long after I drink a second cup of coffee. Problem is, it's back right after dinner, and the next morning I have to do it again.

Kevin

But it's really the truth for me. I weighed myself last night after reading this thread and I was 215. I just weighed myself again, and I'm at 206. My weight has always fluctuated daily like that, so I can't really pick a number that I want to lose, because it changes so much from day to day. I can't even really say that I want to lose 'x' inches from my waist because it fluctuates so much. I do know that I need to lose some of the gut that I carry around, and I really need to work on my flexibility & core strength. All the while I have some slightly larger goals in mind.

So, here are my lifestyle change goals:

1 - Close my failing handyman business and join the regular work force.
2 - Reduce beer consumption from 6-10 per day to 0-3 per day on average.
3 - Reduce cigarette consumption from 1+ packs per day to 1/2 pack per day.
4 - Get to, and maintain a weight of less than 199#.
5 - Take my dog for a 1-mile walk every day rain or shine, warm or cold. Good for both of us.
6 - Increase flexibility to the point I can flat-hand the floor from a standing position.

I'm already working on the regular job part of the plan, and that will sort of take care of steps 2 & 3. Which, in turn, will help with step 4.

weigh yourself nekid...thne I would guess it wouldnt be a 9 lb difference

Glad to have you on board Spank! I have good vibes that everyone will see a better self come May 2011.

Nice & slow there Clam :D.. It's not always the rabbit that wins the race but the :turtle:... Pace yourself and make it a lifestyle change.

I want to join in on this as well. But I need to make large wholesale lifestyle changes.

We all laughed like hell at at this post:

But it's really the truth for me. I weighed myself last night after reading this thread and I was 215. I just weighed myself again, and I'm at 206. My weight has always fluctuated daily like that, so I can't really pick a number that I want to lose, because it changes so much from day to day. I can't even really say that I want to lose 'x' inches from my waist because it fluctuates so much. I do know that I need to lose some of the gut that I carry around, and I really need to work on my flexibility & core strength. All the while I have some slightly larger goals in mind.

So, here are my lifestyle change goals:

1 - Close my failing handyman business and join the regular work force.
2 - Reduce beer consumption from 6-10 per day to 0-3 per day on average.
3 - Reduce cigarette consumption from 1+ packs per day to 1/2 pack per day.
4 - Get to, and maintain a weight of less than 199#.
5 - Take my dog for a 1-mile walk every day rain or shine, warm or cold. Good for both of us.
6 - Increase flexibility to the point I can flat-hand the floor from a standing position.

I'm already working on the regular job part of the plan, and that will sort of take care of steps 2 & 3. Which, in turn, will help with step 4.

Good realistic goals MD! Baby steps and keep at em till you are ready to move to the next level. You may slip a bit but hang on for the long ride :thumb:

Weighed myself today. At 132. 3 pounds less than the last time i weighed myself (probably about 2 months ago). Going for 127 but 130 in muscle won't be so bad :D

weigh yourself nekid...thne I would guess it wouldnt be a 9 lb difference

No one wants to see that. Not even the wife! LOL

I can only say that's the norm for me. I think I had on jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers last night. Today I had on jeans, t-shirt, and a sweatshirt, but no sneakers. Maybe good for a couple pounds but not 9! But then, I do have BIG feet.

Last edited:
Hope everyone is having a successful start. We chose our foods very wisely today, worked out at the gym, and played golf. It feels good to FINALLY be really motivated.

Hope everyone is having a successful start. We chose our foods very wisely today, worked out at the gym, and played golf. It feels good to FINALLY be really motivated.

Yep it felt good to join up with the gym and have all those machines in there to work the old body back into shape. KellyBo and I took pictures of ourself from the waist up this morning so we can see the progress in a few weeks. It's the old before and after shots which really helps you to maintain that stay healthy attitude. Going to the gym can actually become addictive. You start to feel like you are missing something if your scheduled time for exercise is not met. Oh well good luck to everyone and take it one day or one hour, or 15 minutes at a time and imagine the new you as a result of your effort. Happy Holiday Season!!!!!

Back