5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

OK guys/gals it's a tough weekend but can we do it? Not no, but HELL ya! Put your soul and your body into the coming weeks workouts, & diet, and just get your arse in good shape :thumb:.. Remember,,,, you are the captain of your future,so let's kick some serious butt :deadhorse:.... I am not gonna quit, are you?

Yep it felt good to join up with the gym and have all those machines in there to work the old body back into shape. KellyBo and I took pictures of ourself from the waist up this morning so we can see the progress in a few weeks. It's the old before and after shots which really helps you to maintain that stay healthy attitude. Going to the gym can actually become addictive. You start to feel like you are missing something if your scheduled time for exercise is not met. Oh well good luck to everyone and take it one day or one hour, or 15 minutes at a time and imagine the new you as a result of your effort. Happy Holiday Season!!!!!
That is a good idea to take those pics. I think I will try that too. Your right about it becoming addictive. I planned on working out yesterday morning but wound up working all day. I didn't get home till after 11 pm, but made sure I hit that bowflex anyway.

I am having a terrible time eating better. The new store has a ton of candy and nuts.

OK as an old and out of shape (overweight) newbie, I am not planning to commit to any weight loss, however I want to ask about the May THP outing you mentioned. Where & when? :thankyou:

THX W Rhino, sounds great, but I have 2 tournaments I attend during that time frame every year. One at Jekyll Island and one in Alabama at one of the RTJ venues. Will be hard to work a 3rd in during that time if I am not already at one of the ones mentioned. Oh well.

THX W Rhino, sounds great, but I have 2 tournaments I attend during that time frame every year. One at Jekyll Island and one in Alabama at one of the RTJ venues. Will be hard to work a 3rd in during that time if I am not already at one of the ones mentioned. Oh well.

Dawg -- Let me tell ya good buddy. I love Jekyll Island and I have a buddy on here called Bama who has played the Robert Trent Jones trail a few times. We are talking about playing the PGA National in May. This is where they play the Honda Classic every year, not to mention a Ryder Cup. Another little tournament called the PGA Championship has been hosted here. Dude we are talking about a serious golf resort where the pros have played. The PGA National resort is awesome to say the least. If you miss this trip, you are missing a lifetime opportunity to play a legendary golf course and meet some friends that will no doubt become lifetime buddies.... Should I say more?

Last edited:
Wow my body feels like it has been run over by a pulp wood truck fully loaded :deadhorse:... I will have to head to the gym today and stretch some of those sore muscles. I had no idea the few exercises I did recently would be this painful :wtf:

Wow my body feels like it has been run over by a pulp wood truck fully loaded :deadhorse:... I will have to head to the gym today and stretch some of those sore muscles. I had no idea the few exercises I did recently would be this painful :wtf:

You are using muscles you have not used in a while, of course it is gonna hurt. And would it hurt less if the pulp wood truck was only half loaded before it ran you over?

You are using muscles you have not used in a while, of course it is gonna hurt. And would it hurt less if the pulp wood truck was only half loaded before it ran you over?

Nawww buddy it would hurt big time and yes the old saying no pain = no gain is a fact of gym life :banghead:

I measured my waist again and I lost a tad over an inch so far. I didn't lose any weight though. I decided to get the tape out after I noticed that my pants are much looser. I don't think it is possible that I added any muscle weight yet. I ain't sure how it is working but am happy with my progress so far.

I measured my waist again and I lost a tad over an inch so far. I didn't lose any weight though. I decided to get the tape out after I noticed that my pants are much looser. I don't think it is possible that I added any muscle weight yet. I ain't sure how it is working but am happy with my progress so far.

WOW Clam sounds like you are the leader in the club house dude! KellyBo and I have decided to hit the gym around 5 or 6 p.m. today. I bet my arse I will not be hitting every piece of equipment in there like I did the first day. I preach moderation, well in the gym, and I was getting acquainted with all the different pieces of equipment and boom baby, I paid the piper the next day!

Last edited:
Joined my local gym today and it felt really good to be back in a gym. I didn't realize how much I missed working out until I got in there and started. My wife and I eat only healthy food at home, only organic and no junk food, but having been on the road for work for 9 weeks I was eating a lot of crap and putting on some weight and the smoking got a little out of hand due to the stress at work right now. I have only been smoking for about 8 months now (long story) but it has gotten up to about a pack a day when I am at work and it is a discusting and awful habit. Since this thread started I have only had about 10 in three days and the quitting is going well. Thank you to Ole Gray and Kelly again for a great way to keep on track and feel like you are working out with a group with common goals.

Make sure those sore muscles are warm before you start stretching...

You are doing fantastic coolbreeze! I actually can't wait to get back to the gym today. I had intentions of going yesterday but stayed in bed half the day with a migraine instead (diet?). Worse one I've had in years. Feeling great today and ready to go! Weather stinks here until Thursday so I am glad that we have the gym to turn to since golf is out of the question for me (not diehard Gray though).

Joined my local gym today and it felt really good to be back in a gym. I didn't realize how much I missed working out until I got in there and started. My wife and I eat only healthy food at home, only organic and no junk food, but having been on the road for work for 9 weeks I was eating a lot of crap and putting on some weight and the smoking got a little out of hand due to the stress at work right now. I have only been smoking for about 8 months now (long story) but it has gotten up to about a pack a day when I am at work and it is a discusting and awful habit. Since this thread started I have only had about 10 in three days and the quitting is going well. Thank you to Ole Gray and Kelly again for a great way to keep on track and feel like you are working out with a group with common goals.

Great update CB:clapp:! Man this is what THP is all about. Helping each other with golf, equipment, and a very important part for all of us is good eating habits and regular exercise. I have no doubt we all will feel better and our bodies will thank us. Maybe a few strokes off the old handicap too huh? :golf2:

Make sure those sore muscles are warm before you start stretching...

Good tip Rhino and what type pre workout routine would you suggest?

I am checking out the pool times at the Gatlinburg community center. I think I have enough time to swim some laps before work. Even with my new ziggy Reebok shoes, the running is killing my joints. I am a much better swimmer than I am a runner anyways. Fat does tend to float. Lol

I am checking out the pool times at the Gatlinburg community center. I think I have enough time to swim some laps before work. Even with my new ziggy Reebok shoes, the running is killing my joints. I am a much better swimmer than I am a runner anyways. Fat does tend to float. Lol

Clam -- I had to give up running several years ago, well unless a bear is chasing me :D! I do love to walk around the neighbor hood as walking is not as hard on the knees. Swimming is EXCELLENT cardio exercise and that will certainly get you in a great shape.

Good tip Rhino and what type pre workout routine would you suggest?

Anything that will allow you to break a light sweat is a good warm-up...I usually hit the bike or rowing machine for 5 minutes or so. Some basic calisthenics are good too.

Anything that will allow you to break a light sweat is a good warm-up...I usually hit the bike or rowing machine for 5 minutes or so. Some basic calisthenics are good too.

Thanks buddy and all of us should use this. It's just like golf. If you run out on the tee on a chilly day and swing away with your driver, you are apt to hurt something. Especially at a older age but even the young guns. You never see the pros run up to the tee and whack a ball without warming up, yet many of us do a couple of stretches and boom, we are off the tee running.

Priceless!!

Great idea. I'm in for -10 lbs. See ya in May!

Good deal Capt! Glad to have ya and KellyBo and I look forward to meeting you and all the new WPB THP'ers in May
:thumb:

OUR CHEERLEADER

Back