Want to Test a Cleveland Mashie?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago THP held their 2010 Golf Outing & Demo Day and during that weekend, golfers that made the trip were able to try some equipment months before it is scheduled to be released. One of the most sought after clubs by the people in attendance was the Cleveland Mashie. A hybrid that was almost universally loved by all 50 in attendance. For those that have missed the Mashie feedback, you can check out this thread on what participants had to say about it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14573-Cleveland-Mashie-Hybrid

1046657964_mX3xG-S-1.jpg

One of the wonderful features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world.

Well, we decided we are going to do it again. THP is going to do further testing on the Cleveland Mashie pre-release and want to invite people to take part in the festivities. We urge you to check out this article that has some information on what makes this club unique.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10744

Each tester will receive a brand new Mashie from Cleveland Golf, fit to their specs and they will receive them ahead of the release date. We take the testing seriously and because of that have certain criteria to qualify for this particular club test.

1046658014_Pg32Z-S-1.jpg

Criteria
RH & LH golfers can "apply", however LH is only available in 3 hybrid.
You must be able to play golf through the months of December & January (either on course, simulator, or range).
You must be located in the USA.
1 THP Forum testing at a time (so if you are testing or about to be testing something else, you will not be chosen for this one)
Six forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the Mashie out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What is your handicap?
2. What is your current hybrid of choice?
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials.

Thank you all for submitting requests to test out the Cleveland Mashie Hybrid. The decision makers have made their decision and come up with six THP members that should be able to give you incredible insight and thorough long term testing. They were chosen based on level of participation as well as other factors. It will be their job to do a thorough testing and give their honest and unbiased review of the equipment at hand.

One of the wonderful features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Keep in mind if you were not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. It goes to show that joining the forum and becoming active has its benefits.

Testers
White Rhino
bridges
TC
AHA
Yoccos1981
dmb012

Last edited:
Oh jeez, prepare for server overload! Good luck to everyone hoping to test this club and thanks to THP and Cleveland for the opportunity!

This is an awesome opportunity for six people. I can't wait to hear who gets picked and what their thoughts are! Way to go THP and Cleveland!

I'm going to try for this :) After all, I'm still looking for something to fill in the gap in my bag ;) and being that I'm in Southern California, we get golf weather even in the winter will be playing a lot!! :clapp:

1. My handicap is 19 (we played in a golf tourney on t day and I got one, I completely forgot)
2. My current hybrid is a Cobra Baffler 4
3. I've actually been looking at hybrids. Hybrids, for me, are much easier to hit and I'd love to try this out. Love :love: the shaft and the way that this club looks. The TaylorMade hybrids and Callaway hybrids are not that easy for me to hit and I think the Cleveland would be easier for me to hit! Besides...the guys can't have all the fun...

Last edited:
Being a THP member is so great! Good luck to all who apply. This is a great hybrid and it comes with a Miyazaki shaft! How cool is that?

Good luck all, this club seems to be winner! Just have to take a quick look at the thread about the Mashie!

Jumping on this one quick. Im pumped, this is like Christmas!

1. What is your handicap? 15

2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Currently hybrid less and looking

3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I would like to try out the mashie because it not only comes with a Tour level shaft that can make any golfer giddy like a little school girl but this is arguably the most sought after club on THP right now. Everyone at demo day and all the testers have raved about this one and it would be really awesome to try out a top of the line hybrid, and even better updating the thread and giving people info about a great club.

THANK YOU THP AND CLEVELAND FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Last edited:
Why yes please!!!

1. What is your handicap? According to Oob, I am a 13.6

2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Diablo Edge

3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Because of all the raves I have read about from the THP'ers that attended the last demo day, as well as I love the way the club looks from all the pictures I have seen of it here on THP!!

LOL, 28 people in this thread less than 10 minutes after it went up. This will be huge.

WOW!!! Get a crack at the Mashie before it is released!!! AMAZING!!!! Thanks Cleveland and THP for this opportunity.

1. Handicap - 25 (on OOB)
2. Currently play Nickent Hybrids
3. I am a big fan of the Cleveland line of golf clubs as my signature below shows. I loved this club when I used it at the outing in Florida becuse on the range the ball flight was straight and high every time and the ball seemed to carry further then my Nickents but I did not have the opportunity to test them head to head or use the mashie on the course (where it all counts anyways). This would give me that opportunity. Also I would like to try one of the "fabled" Miyazaki shafts that everyone raves about.

*fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Wow 6? That is awesome!!! Good luck to all those who enter!! There has been such a frenzy for folks talking about this club here on the forum it will be great to hear back how it preforms on the course!

I'm really hating winter right now.

1. What is your handicap? 13
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Wilson Fybrid HS/Nickent 5DX
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I'm looking hard for a hybrid that just "fits" and have been researching it heavily as of late, all signs point towards the Mashie and I'd love to put it head to head with what I've got. I love the look and principles behind it and the old-school nature of the name...not to mention the HC is suh-weet. lol

Thanks a ton THP, I truly do love this place lol. What an oppurtunity for someone.

1. What is your handicap? 13
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Cleveland Launcher
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Because I fell in love with the new Cleveland woods at the THP outing and missed out on the opportunity to try the Mashie. I am definitely going to buy the new woods and possibly Mashie as soon as they are released. In fact, I shared emails back and forth with our rep today regarding the woods and Mashie! He promised I would be first on his list to know when they are released. I have already started a thread daydreaming about the new Cleveland line and would love nothing better than to test a Mashie!

I have played at least once a week for the last 40 weeks or so!!!!!!! I work at a golf course so it makes it easy.

wow what an opportunity! A bunch of people are going to be happy!

This is the best part of the OP
PLEASE DO NOT SKIM & READ THIS ENTIRE POST

16.4 as of last week.
RH Nike Sumo 24* Adams Super Black 19*
I want to spend some quality time with this club indoors, outdoors and on course to really get an understanding of what makes everyone gush over it. Also I have room in my bag for one more club and this could be it. As I've only been able to hit one mashie and it was way wrong for me, x-stiff shaft, and I still managed to hit it "fair" this opportunity will allow me to be an informed purchaser and also a chance to give back to fellow THP'rs

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Just wow. Good luck to all that put in for this, it's going to be fun for sure.

Another amazing THP event thanks to :thp: and :cleveland:

1. My current Handicapp is +15 but going lower with my new swing coach.
2. My current Hybrid is Krank
3. I have been following the Mashie excitement since it was first posted. The reviews have me excited enough to order one sight unseen, if only it was available. I would love to compare my own thoughts about this Hybrid with those of the members fortunate enough to have tried it. I really want to replace my hard to hit Krank Hybrids. I am going to get fitted for the first time and buy all new clubs this spring. Cleveland is first on my list to demo. I want to see if it lives up to the high marks it had at the THP fall outing. A full Cleveland bag is a possibility for me. I have plenty of time during the testing period because it is my off season. I don't mind the cold weather and for the most part the winters are mild in Gatlinburg.

Very jealous of those in warmer climates. Good luck everyone. What a sweet opportunity.

1. What is your handicap?

GHIN 4.2

2. What is your current hybrid of choice?

I'm on a hybrid rotation currently because I can't find something I love. My current rotation includes:
- Mizuno CLK
- Taylormade Burner
- Tour Edge Exotics XCG V

* all are 3 hybrids

I have heard only wonderful things about this club. I love the look, I love the throwback head cover and I LOVE that they are including a stock Miyazaki shaft. I am playing a Miyazaki in my driver and it is honestly the best graphite shaft I have ever used. Also, I am in FL for the winter and have faithfully visited the range and/or course every day, which allows me plenty of opportunities for testing. Lastly, as I stated above, I have yet to find a hybrid that I love...I think the Mashie could be the hybrid for me!

Another awesome contest. Thanks THP and Cleveland!!!

This is sweeeeeeeeeeeet! I like being held up at work right now.. haha....

1. What is your handicap? My Handicap is 15.4

2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Nickent 3DX DC 23*

I want to give the most honest, complete feedback that I can for everyone looking for information on this product. I love to help others find what is right for their game. I think I can provide a unique perspective to everyone and I would love to given the chance. To chronicle the ups/downs of the club testing process for everyone looking for info on the Mashie would be amazing.

I have a lot of practice/course time and the AZ weather is perfect for testing during these months. I'm looking at adding a hybrid, possibly two (a 15* to replace the 3w) and the Mashie is a leading choice. I would love to test this club out of every shot/lie I can think of. You just never know when they will pop up and having a club that can do it all is important! The Mashie is an incredible club with a great shaft. I would not let anyone down if chosen!

Edit... Haha, messed up the handicap.. And want to say thank you to both THP and Cleveland for this amazing opportunity.

Last edited:
Cleveland Mashie testing

Cleveland Mashie testing

Hello,

This looks like fun.

1.+3.0

2. Adams Idea Pro

3. I would enjoy finding a new hybrid that runs through the turf without much dig. I would also like to find a hybrid that isn't terribly hard to fade.

Thanks for the opportunity to give the Cleveland Mashie hybrid a try.

Chadro

Would love to get my hands on one of these...

1. What is your handicap? About a 13
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I currently do not play a hybrid, but have been looking to put one into play. Of the hybrids that I have tried, I like the Nickent 3DX.
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I play a Cleveland 3 wood that feels great. The shaft in this club is a big draw, for certain...but the enormous praise from THP-ers really put this club on my radar.

Back