Want to Test a Cleveland Mashie?

I was just Joshing with TC

I'm definitely up for testing this hybrid -- love the looks and I already love Cleveland hybrids...

1. Current hcp is 14
2. My current hybrid is the Cleveland Launcher 3 Hybrid (2i) and I also have an Adams 4 Hybrid ( ancient )
3. The Mashie reviews from the outing were fantastic and very positive. I am definitely in the market for a new Hybrid before my "once in a lifetime" trip to Ireland in May 2011 on a buddy trip for 8 of us. Plus, it has a miyazaki and I am really anxious to try those shafts!

1. What is your handicap? 14
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Adams Superhybrid
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I have heard such terrific things about the hybrid and the shaft. Have been struggling a bit with my current hybrids. I used to play Callaway Hybrids before my Adams set and have been wondering whether now would be a good time to switch back

Mash it up guys! A fantastic opportunity that should not be taken lightly....a lot of jealous people will be anxiously awaiting your thoughts

1. What is your handicap? Currently at a 9.6
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I have 3 Nike Sumo hybrids
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I'd like to test the Mashie because i'm in the market to replace one of mine. I have heard rave reviews about this club and would like to see what all the fuss is about! I am a member at the local indoor range that also has a simulator, depending on when(if) the club comes, i will be able to test in sunny California for a week.

Last edited:
What an opportunity! Thanks Cleveland and THP. Good luck to everyone.

1.) My Handicap? 11
2.) Current hybrid of choice? Adams Idea A7 in a 3
3.) I would love to test and relay my findings on the Mashie for a couple of reasons. One, as a devout CG15 and Classic putter lover and recent convert from another brand of both putters and wedges, I am eager to see if the Mashie can continue a trend of dethroning what I thought were immovable clubs from my bag. Also, I love the mix of tradition and technology that this club represents and the idea that a perfect mix of those could elevate a part of my game that is probably my "Achilles heel."

1. What is your handicap? 23 and getting lower
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Cobra Baffler Rail
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie?
Apart from wanting to try new equipment all the time, I have read the reviews from the original posting on THP and they peaked my interest in this club above other hybrids in the market. Hybrids are fun to hit, in my opinion, and the reviews have been very positive in the performance of the club. Also, I am in the market for a 3 hybrid and I would consider a switch out of my 4 hybrid if the Mashie is the one.

In addition,there are a couple things in design and make up that make this one an interesting test. First, I saw the design of the club on the bottom, which I think it would lend itself to better turf interaction performance. Getting an idea on how a hybrid performs in the rough is essential to whether or not I will buy any particular hybrid.

Secondly, the possiblity of testing a Miyazaki shaft is exciting. I have never hit a club with one of their shafts but I have read the forum posts and reviews of different Miyazaki shafts and it has been on my list of must tries.

This is another great opportunity!

Last edited:
Wow, I go to work out and come back to this. How freaken awesome. Congrats to whoever gets it. even though I am getting irons here soon I can still be jealous of you lucky 6. right!?!

Way to go THP. this is great.

Man im so pumped for this. I have drooled over that headcover and all the reviews for so long. Even if I dont get picked i cant wait to read the reviews on it. Not everyday you get a chance to win pre-release stuff, especially a pre-released hybrid that is top of the line. Thanks again THP and Cleveland!

edit: My fault didnt mean to say "win" more of an opportunity to test and give results.

Last edited:
Yes please....

1.) Hdcp 20
2.) Current hybrid is a Wilson Fybrid 19.5
3.) I want to try out the mashie because I want to find something to replace my 3 or 4 iron. I hit my 4 iron well, but I want something that I can get a little more distance off the fairway with and use off the tee in some situations. I've heard a lot of great things about the Mashie and if it can do for my long iron game what the Niblick has done for my short game....I really want to add this to my bag.

Wow. This is just amazing. I have been wanting to try this so bad!

1. No true handicap. My scores are dropping like a stone, and I do not use a tracking service, but at this point, I am playing at about 28.
2. My current hybrid is a Nickent 3DX DC. 21 degree.
3. I want to try this because, as a member here, I have been blessed. I want to give back to this great community of golfers. I also believe, that as a high capper, I could provide valuable feedback as to its forgivness, length and accuracy from the point of view of a "mortal".
I also believe that I am in an ideal location for proper testing. I live in Alabama, and plan to play all winter. I can tolerate golf even when it is cold, and will provide brutally honest feedback throughout the entire testing period.

Thank you so much, THP and Cleveland, for this amazing opportunity.

I want to reiterate this to those wanting to test. Please take a look at the Burner 2.0 testing thread. This is not a contest, and some actual work will be involved. It will be your job to answer questions, take pictures, and of course put down your on going thoughts each time you try the club (minimum of once a week).

I know a couple of people who I would like to see have these

edit: for that reason you just posted JB

I want to reiterate this to those wanting to test. Please take a look at the Burner 2.0 testing thread. This is not a contest, and some actual work will be involved. It will be your job to answer questions, take pictures, and of course put down your on going thoughts each time you try the club (minimum of once a week).

After the testing period, I assume Cleveland wants them back, correct?

1. What is your handicap? 11
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Bridgestone J36
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I actually am happy with my hybrids, but with all of the super positive feedback form those who have tried the Mashie I would really like to see if Cleveland could sway me over. I have played many different Cleveland products over the years and they have always been very good clubs. I think it might be interesting to have someone testing who would be comparing with a club they are having no problems with.

Last edited:
After the testing period, I assume Cleveland wants them back, correct?

TO the victor go the spoils.

You put in the hard work and testing, you get to keep the prize.

There is one rule though. If the club is not going to be used by you for the season, THP would ask for it back to donate to charity.

This is not a contest, and some actual work will be involved. It will be your job to answer questions, take pictures, and of course put down your on going thoughts each time you try the club (minimum of once a week).

I need something to do between semesters :wink:

Nice. This would be fun to test and interesting to hear all the different opinions with respect to the Mashie.

1. What is your handicap? I am a 8 handicap, CDGA.
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Currently I play the Adams idea Black Super Hybrid (19 degrees); I have had it in the bag since the second half of last season. Prior to that, I played the oldschool Adams Idea A1 3-hybrid.
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Several reasons: I want to test/try out the Mashie because I am very much interested in the performance of different hybrids, particuarly in the various lies around the golf course. I also am particularly interested in this hybrid because it appears to come with a miyazaki shaft. I have been quite fond of the miyazaki shaft in my driver and am very interested in the performance of a miyazaki shaft in a hybrid. Finally, who wouldn't want to test something before it is released to the general public?

Also, I should note that while I am in frigid Chicago, I frequent driving ranges that are both heated and suitable for testing conditions (typically 3 times a week). Moreover, I will be traveling back to southern california for a few days in January and will be playing at least 2 rounds. Ok; done with my pitch.

1. What is your handicap? 10

2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Hard question. I used the Callaway Heavenwood the prior years, however, the shaft is too flimsy which seems to be exaggerating my draws into massive hooks when I really go at it. I swapped to the Taylormade TP Rescue this year (SVS8 shaft) but I'm finding that my ballflight is way too low. I'm hitting it about 10 yards farther than the heavenwood (about 220yrds) but it's ending with a massive roll out as I have been unable to hold any greens with it. Furthermore, my mistake with the Rescue has been a dreadful straight push to the right. The only time I've had this problem is with the Fujikura Motore F1 shafts so my gut feeling is that the tip end of the SVS8 is too stiff for me, hence giving me some club-release issues.

3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I actually could care less about distance, I hit it far enough to navigate the golf course. My main thing with the Mashie is that 1) It's from a brand I trust (having used the launcher 3w/5w in the past) as well as 2) finally having a shaft that I feel I can really customize and get along with. Besides, I've used Nike's, Callaway's, Taylormade's offerings in the past as well as the more iron-like hybrids from Titleist and Mizuno. I haven't found one that's suitable for me yet and this is Cleveland's year IMO!

I will be in California all of December->February so conditions should be pretty good.

I looked at my post again and I saw that I used the word contest. I followed the 2.0 testing thread and I know work went into that from the testers and THP. Sorry for the wrong choice of words.

I looked at my post again and I saw that I used the word contest. I followed the 2.0 testing thread and I know work went into that from the testers and THP. Sorry for the wrong choice of words.

Thanks for the post. It was not directed at you really, just stating it in general. Thanks though.

Good luck guys, I'm super happy to see that other members are getting a chance to test and provide feedback for equipment, especially something like a Mashie hybrid as these things have gotten quite a little press around here. Have fun with it and do great, I can't wait to read along!

I would like to be considered for this test.

1. What is your handicap? 13.4 GHIN
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I have a Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle. This is more like a 3-iron.
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? My pro and I haven't been able to find a hybrid that fits me properly. I would like to see if the Mashie works for those of us that require lie angles that are more upright.

I have access to heated range bays, and weather permitting I play on a golf course. I also now have a camera. Thanks for this opportunity.

Back