2011 THP Fantasy Golf

Can't wait!

I've never played fantasy leagues for anything, but this would be the one to try. I'm in if any spots are free.

Wow this sounds cool, I'm in if it's open to us Limeys??

Have done fantasy MotoGP in the past but never golf.

I'm in!

Yep, I'll be up for this. Never done golf before but I love the fantasy football so may as well give it a go

I'm in...should make each week that much more interesting. Thanks.

Count me in. I have never done a fantasy golf league, should be a lot of fun.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Im in, Fantasy Golf is fun and makes some of the weekends a lot more fun to watch.

Im in, Fantasy Golf is fun and makes some of the weekends a lot more fun to watch.

I know us from the Cleveland fantasy golf last season had a blast and a few of us had a couple of runs for the segment prizes as well as the season prize. There was also a few of us that won the weekly contests which was great. Yahoo! has this new "mulligan" feature this season that allows all teams to drop the lowest scoring week they had. I really could've used that feature last year when I didn't set the lineup or had a few players drop at the last minute.

Can't wait for this.

I'm in because I KNOW this league will be run much better than my two other FG leagues: PGA Tour/Yahoo and a private cut throat, one and done, voted off the island, lose $100 bucks league.

BTW, for those who have never done FG before, it isn't really that different than FF or FB or FH, you get a stable of players and you slot your line up based on who is playing. By the end of the year you are going to know everyone on your team stats and believe me when I say that. (Ask me about Retief Goosen's stats for last year on obscure stuff like % of fairways hit within 5' of right 1st cut of rough - 34%). OK, so maybe I'm weird.(don't answer that...)

Anyways, this is going to be fun because it's my THP buddies.

I would love some redemption after my poor finish to the FF.

Count me in....I'm getting ready to win my FFL next week, so I should be able to keep my roll going with THP FGL !!

Yea baby !!

Very cool. Should be a lot of fun for the whole season.

Stoked.

It appears as though we're going to have a huge league for this!

This is why I follow this site - to talk golf and have fun doing it. There is a small group of guys at work(4 of us) that started a "fantasy" deal last year and have expanded it for 2011.

We broke the 2011 PGA schedule into three segments. a $1 pick'm portion - 16 events (pick one guy, throw in a buck, winner take all. If no winner $ movesto the next tournament). a "beer factor" 15-events (each guys drafts 5 players per tournament and points awarded for each player making the cut - after 5 tournaments the winner gets a case of beer from the losers), and a "golf factor" 10-events (exactly like the beer factor but we buy the winner a round of golf).

We have a blast - we set up a meeting in our outlook email for the Wednesday before each tournament to draft - this year we are hoping to takie in the WGC at Bridgestone in August.

So count me in for fantasy golf here at THP!

Can't wait

This should be fun and competitive. The league that was run by the incompetent commissioner representing Cleveland/Srixon that was run through Yahoo last year was a complete joke. I'm still bitter because I feel he cost me a set of clubs. I think I ended up 3rd out of 150 which isn't too bad, but given it was winner take all, I was second loser.

At least with a THP league, you know if you have a question or need info, you'll get it promptly. Looking forward to whatever the format is!

Count me in. I have participated in a few of these over the years and can't wait to see whatever spin THP will put on this.

I'm in I am also doing the yahoo fantasy league golf this year as well as last, looking forward to it.

This should be fun and competitive. The league that was run by the incompetent commissioner representing Cleveland/Srixon that was run through Yahoo last year was a complete joke. I'm still bitter because I feel he cost me a set of clubs. I think I ended up 3rd out of 150 which isn't too bad, but given it was winner take all, I was second loser.

At least with a THP league, you know if you have a question or need info, you'll get it promptly. Looking forward to whatever the format is!

Yeah you were close to the overall win. I think most of us did agree that there was something a little lacking from the league last season. Plus the fact that I think they still owe me a hat and a dozen balls. :D

That guy running Yahoo was a DB. I was third in my group too until last week when they screwed up the rounds because of early starts to avoid weather. Of course, like you Biggsy, I was still a loser...

Still working out a couple of little kinks before launching it.

Not sure if we are going to use Yahoo or another service (working on a custom one, but not sure it can work out)

Working on prizes for the league

Working on whether or not there is an entry fee (directly releated back to last two things)

But we should have an announcement coming up very soon.

Still working out a couple of little kinks before launching it.

Not sure if we are going to use Yahoo or another service (working on a custom one, but not sure it can work out)

Working on prizes for the league

Working on whether or not there is an entry fee (directly releated back to last two things)

But we should have an announcement coming up very soon.

Thanks for the update, I am really excited about this one. An entry fee would make it maybe even more exciting...

Back