Had Another Eagle Today :-)

Yeah, I know, but on my home course I have two par 5's I used to reach in 2 probably 30-35% of the time. Now with my age, I may reach them 2 or 3 times a year, those multiple chances per year are gone.
If you're getting older nothing says you can't move up a tee box. :)

If you're getting older nothing says you can't move up a tee box. :)
That's the trouble, I did 3 years ago. I retired then and believe I have lost much flexibility, I am probably 25-35 yards shorter off the tee than I was then, and all other clubs are proportionally shorter also. Don't see the distance coming back, so unless I start knocking in a few from the fairway, not many eagles in the future.

That's the trouble, I did 3 years ago. I retired then and believe I have lost much flexibility, I am probably 25-35 yards shorter off the tee than I was then, and all other clubs are proportionally shorter also. Don't see the distance coming back, so unless I start knocking in a few from the fairway, not many eagles in the future.
That ain't no fun. I don't do much with weights, but I walk the course, and stretch to try and stay flexible.

Congrats!!!

One thing about it - you make an eagle when you are in a skins game with a big group, you like your odds of getting your hands in the pot!

Love the new avatar :golf3:

Thanks Sam! I did get a big pot...I bought everyone a round with it and myself a bowl of chile and a ginger ale. :)

Back