G-Mac Is Sponsorship Gold

We could do some margin of victory thing to judge that one!

Oh you'll look. You'll all look.

Ok, maybe I'll mail a pair over to TC and he can wear them for a month to celebrate Lee's first major win. :D

Do they make fat skinny jeans?

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Interesting that he is not sporting the Mashie or the Z star driver. Wonder if that is going to change

I'm gonna post a pic of myself in skinny jeans every week a Euro takes a PGA title this year. Double treat for you guys! :wink:

I will be forced to retaliate and post a pic of myself in 1 size too small spandex bike shorts each time an American wins a PGA event or a Speedo if an American wins a European Tour event

Interesting that he is not sporting the Mashie or the Z star driver. Wonder if that is going to change

He did have a Cleveland driver sporting a C Kua 59g shaft.

Are people so excited over GMac (and other young golfers for that matter) because they're tired of Tiger and Phil or is it because they're young, good, and different from what we've seen over the past 10 yrs or so?

I think it's because there young and they have more personality than the average PGA tour of old IMO

Are people so excited over GMac (and other young golfers for that matter) because they're tired of Tiger and Phil or is it because they're young, good, and different from what we've seen over the past 10 yrs or so?

I think part of it may be that they are more accessible than ever before. Fowler, GMac, Watson, McIlroy all will answer you back on occasion on twitter, makes you feel like you know them a little bit maybe. Too, they aren't as reserved IMO as some of the old school golfers. I can't imagine someone like Faldo posting video's of himself doing cannon balls into swimming pools or hanging out in the rain doing trick shots to entertain the gallery during a rain delay like watson, or all coming out wearing "McIlroy" wigs. The younger guys just are looser, less formal and more willing to pull a prank or be the butt of one than the previous generation

Youth and personality. Decent looks help as well. I don't think people are tired of Tiger and Phil as much as they like to see some excitement in the game. Golf has been taking on a little different identity lately (imo) with some of the young guys. I think it's a great thing for the game and the future.

He's the anti-tiger right now. He does interviews, is playing well, has charisma and looks like he has fun while doing it all. I dont think Ive heard a response yet that seemed like a "canned" response from Gmac.

And of course one more thing. He beat Tiger head to head on a Sunday. Not a ton of people can say that and when you add his Major last year and his charisma, it says so much.

And of course one more thing. He beat Tiger head to head on a Sunday. Not a ton of people can say that and when you add his Major last year and his charisma, it says so much.
And, it looks like he's having fun out there! He's smiling, has a bounce in his step...no sour looks, etc.

i'll always be a phil fan, and a tiger fan to an extent, but i think what's refreshing about this crop of players, and guys like gmac, is that they honestly believe they can beat anyone. guys use to openly admit that they were playing for 2nd place when tiger showed up, whereas now, guys are wanting a piece of tiger. golf needs some good, hardcore rivalries, and perhaps it can be from one of the young guns, more specifically from gmac. think about what he's done in the last year: wins a major (the US Open which a euro hasnt won in quite some time), he sinks that putt on the 16th against hunter mahan to pretty much retain the ryder cup, then he comes from 4 strokes back on a sunday to beat tiger! that's unheard of. hopefully this is the start of a pretty good era of golf where it can be about "us vs. them". i know that i certainly enjoy it.

I have a feeling that GMac will be #1 in the world in the near future unless Tiger or Westtooth shift up a gear.

Jake brought this up earlier and I agree, if Gmac keeps it up he will be #1 by the end of the year.

Well one thing can be said for the fellow he sure looks relaxed out there and is having a lot of fun. That'll go a long way to hitting it well.

Jake brought this up earlier and I agree, if Gmac keeps it up he will be #1 by the end of the year.

maybe so, but as i've said all along, over the past two years, no one has been as consistent as lee westwood. gmac's had a hot 6-8 months but that's not 2 years either. i also haven't seen anything out of westwood that says he's gonna give up the #1 so easily. he was suppose to lose it in shanghai, remember, but he played really, really well. the euro event in abu dhabi should be really good to watch.

No LW is not going to rollover. TW may make a comeback but the intimidation factor won't be there any more. Heck, some of these guys weren't even on tour during TW's heyday.

It's going to be a fun season anyway you look at it. There will multiple new winners to include (IMO) Rickie Fowler and some of the Nationwide Tour grads. The season has already started with a playoff so it's heating up nicely! Also I am going to make a prediction that GMac is going to take another Major :golf2:.. The guy just oozes confidence and game.

How about Gmac winning the Masters? Or does he take the British Open this year?

How bout both ? :D I think he really would love to take the British Open title. That's a good pick there my friend :thumb:

he'd have to be a favorite. honestly, i'd love to see westwood get it done at augusta, but my gut tells me that mr. woods may do something special there.

If we see a show between Graeme and Tiger at Augusta like we saw at the Chevron, we will all be better for it.

Gmac and Tiger in the last group going head to head at the Masters? EPIC. I think Tiger would be scared for the first time in a major. I can hear him thinking "damn this stupid little porky Irishman that never misses a damn putt how am I going to beat this lad"

I will be forced to retaliate and post a pic of myself in 1 size too small spandex bike shorts each time an American wins a PGA event or a Speedo if an American wins a European Tour event

We better stop before we get to the point where nobody wants anyone to win the event! :D

I think GMac might be good for The Open. If the wind gets up at Royal St George's, he'll be as good a bet as anyone in the field.

McIlroy certainly seems to have a chip on his shoulder concerning TW. He is constantly making cracks about taking TW down and no one being afraid of tiger anymore

Back