TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Not sure I have an answer to that. Its just different.

What!? How am I supposed to compare my old clubs to a new one if I don't have it on hand to see results side by side? That's a bit dumb.

I know the guys at the GolfTown here pretty well and they let me demo any clubs I want and bring in my clubs because they know I buy a TON there and there is no point in angering me.

Not sure I have an answer to that. Its just different.

Makes sense JB. Almost seems like if you have a white driver you might want the white fairway too for continuity.

I know the guys at the GolfTown here pretty well and they let me demo any clubs I want and bring in my clubs because they know I buy a TON there and there is no point in angering me.

I seem to recall they are also a client of yours which might help.

All I know is if you tried that at one of the Vancouver stores without being well known or there for a ball fitting/lesson they would kindly ask you to leave your clubs at the front desk so they don't get mixed in the stock.

I seem to recall they are also a client of yours which might help.

All I know is if you tried that at one of the Vancouver stores without being well known or there for a ball fitting/lesson they would kindly ask you to leave your clubs at the front desk so they don't get mixed in the stock.

That helps too. How quick do you want me to get a tech on site for your service call?

Played with the 3 wood today and still came back with the same thoughts. I just love the performance. One thing stuck out to me though. Today I played all dark clubs (driver, irons, wedges, etc) and when I pulled this one out, it was quite a contrast. I think it bothered me less when I was using chrome irons over the last week. I know it shouldnt, and if I had used it more today (only twice) I might have felt differently, but the white definitely stood out on the bright sunny day we had today.

I felt the same way yesterday at the range. After hitting the white driver a few times going back to my black hybrids and dark irons made them look much smaller to my eyes and mind. Even going from the white driver to my black Superfast seemed odd to my eyes. I think it takes the eyes a minute to adjust to the contrast.

View attachment 1979My local driving range received their R11's and Superfast's yesterday and they let me take both out for a spin. Granted it's cold and icy here in Central Ohio, but with the heaters I was able to get a good feel for both. The MWT/FCT of the R11 does work. It's not as technically sound as Titleist's 910, but it gets the job done. My normal ball flight is a slight fade, closed the R11 hits a draw for me, open is more fade than I want, and neutral is pretty much what I'm comfortable with. These are both cool looking drivers and while I didn't think I'd like the white at first, after about an hour of hitting them, I like the look better than my black Superfast. I agree with other posters that the R11 is not as forgiving as the Superfast or SuperTri. Much like the R9, I found the R11 to be difficult to square at impact and results were average. In contrast, the Superfast 2.0 felt fantastic, seemed to spin less than the original, and was much more forgiving. I will be buying the 2.0. I think the R11 is built for players who prefer heavier drivers, probably have higher swing speeds and better mechanics than me. One other thing, as I noted in an earlier post, there is some kind of odd effect on the eyes when moving from a white driver to black or dark clubs. The white 2.0 looks huge at address. When I switch to my dark Burner 2.0 irons or black hybrids/FW woods, the heads of those clubs look very small, smaller than before. I think my eyes need time to adjust to the contrast of white to black. That probably won't happen on the course where there is time between each shot, but there is a definite oddity to it on the range.

Great feedback Mr.Slate. I love hearing the feedback from everyone who's getting the chance to get out there and hit this club.

View attachment 1979My local driving range received their R11's and Superfast's yesterday and they let me take both out for a spin. Granted it's cold and icy here in Central Ohio, but with the heaters I was able to get a good feel for both. The MWT/FCT of the R11 does work. It's not as technically sound as Titleist's 910, but it gets the job done. My normal ball flight is a slight fade, closed the R11 hits a draw for me, open is more fade than I want, and neutral is pretty much what I'm comfortable with. These are both cool looking drivers and while I didn't think I'd like the white at first, after about an hour of hitting them, I like the look better than my black Superfast. I agree with other posters that the R11 is not as forgiving as the Superfast or SuperTri. Much like the R9, I found the R11 to be difficult to square at impact and results were average. In contrast, the Superfast 2.0 felt fantastic, seemed to spin less than the original, and was much more forgiving. I will be buying the 2.0. I think the R11 is built for players who prefer heavier drivers, probably have higher swing speeds and better mechanics than me. One other thing, as I noted in an earlier post, there is some kind of odd effect on the eyes when moving from a white driver to black or dark clubs. The white 2.0 looks huge at address. When I switch to my dark Burner 2.0 irons or black hybrids/FW woods, the heads of those clubs look very small, smaller than before. I think my eyes need time to adjust to the contrast of white to black. That probably won't happen on the course where there is time between each shot, but there is a definite oddity to it on the range.

I wonder if people with darker irons (TM's own 2.0's) will be turned off by this contrast of white and then going to dark irons? There seems to be a growing trend here with people that have hit the R11 and it says players club to me. Not very forgiving and heavy. And Ive seen quite a few people seeming to like the SF 2.0 which isnt what people were thinking at first glance. So, Mrslate, are you going with the SF 2.0 or staying with your current SF TP?

So, Mrslate, are you going with the SF 2.0 or staying with your current SF TP?

Skimmer. :act-up:

man, I am really on the fence about this club after hearing some reviews and feelings. At first I was very excited, now I dont know how to feel. I feel like i did the night I decided to lose my virginity....dirty and confused!

lol damn it caught skimming again.

Sweet looking club, i see why most of the tour players have them in thier bag. Can't wait to give them a try.

Can anyone find what are custom shafts for the r11? I go to TM website click on r11 then custom options and nothing comes up. Looks like stock its Fuji Blur 60 or 65.

R11 shafts options

R11 shafts options

johndeere10,

I was able to find them here:

www.snaintongolf.co.uk

Being that it's a UK site, the options may be slightly different for the US.

I'd be interested to hear how you all feel about the club in the future when you get to demo it. I heard from a TM insider that one store out in the desert that already got their shipment sold 15 in one day, easy, and that it's selling super-well.

@johndeere10, I also believe the stock shaft is a Fuji Blur 60.

Here is a good presentation from Tmag about the R11 driver. Also has a little demo of how the ASP works. Not sure if someone has posted it yet

http://www.tmag.com/training/2011/R11_Driver_Rescue11_TP_Irons/

does anybody have the chart they displayed in this presentation? The one that shows all of the options for the FCT + ASP combinations. It looks extremely helpful but I wasnt able to find anything.

Edit: just grabbed a screenshot of it:

View attachment 1981

mhuelsman, you can find the full chart as a PDF on TaylorMade's website. Just click the top left rectangle, named 'See R11 Tuning Technology', and on the next page, click the Download PDF button on the right side of the image. That PDF shows you all the different settings, and explains how to use them.

I hit the R11 driver at the PGA show and all I have to say is damn you Taylormade.

It's a magnificent driver. Having the Taylormade tech tune it after each shot for me made me feel like I was getting tour player treatment.

I hit the R11 driver at the PGA show and all I have to say is damn you Taylormade.

It's a magnificent driver. Having the Taylormade tech tune it after each shot for me made me feel like I was getting tour player treatment.

Lets here the monster numbers you were getting.

285 carry, 310 carry?

Back