It used to be fairly big here many years ago along with Indy PPG Carts , but Penske ruined it wanting to split that series up , and now its called the IRL and ruined that series for the USA fans IMO . So I never watch it .
NASCAR bores me to tears , I would rather watch paint dry :D
Much rather watch road racing of some sort .

I'm planning on attending the Montreal race this year. I was a HUGE cart fan in the good old days. The current Indy series is trying to get better but what they really need is to bring back those 900 hp turbo V8s again. Man did those things used to sing a sweet song!

I want to know where the driver's legs go in the 2011 chassis that I've seen

It used to be fairly big here many years ago along with Indy PPG Carts , but Penske ruined it wanting to split that series up , and now its called the IRL and ruined that series for the USA fans IMO . So I never watch it .
NASCAR bores me to tears , I would rather watch paint dry :D
Much rather watch road racing of some sort .

It is no longer the IRL. Should be much improved in 2012 with new chassis and engines.

Go Mark Webber! Woulda had the championship last year if his idiot "teamate" didn't wreck him twice =(

Go Mark Webber! Woulda had the championship last year if his idiot "teamate" didn't wreck him twice =(

+1!! There's just so much politics in F1. I've always like Louis Hamilton and Felipe Massa. Now that BMW Sauber is no longer, how come Audi doesn't do F1? They rule the Le Mans series...

I think the reason Audi is not into F1 , is they are developing small turbo diesels for racing , I think this is more their forte' .

I'm a pretty avid F1 watcher, it's pretty big over here and the past few years sucesses of Jenson and Lewis have strengthened the fan base.

As always it'll be intersting to see what effect the new rule changes have on the racing. Hopefully the championship will be as close as it was last season. Your track in Texas looks nice, one thing I notice is that it's anti-clockwise...I belive Interlagos, Brazil is the only other track built this way. Still, there looks to be some good oppertunities for overtaking.

Has anyone seen any of the new car designs? I've only caught a look at the Ferrari testing and they appear to have a really ugly shark fin type attatchment on the top just behind the drivers head

Has anyone seen any of the new car designs? I've only caught a look at the Ferrari testing and they appear to have a really ugly shark fin type attatchment on the top just behind the drivers head

If you go to http://www.formula1.com/gallery/launches/ all the new cars are there!
The fin I think you're referring to is their data acquisition equipment.
Shark fins like on last year's cars have been banned or scaled back to the state of Red Bulls' new one.

Big fan of F1. But it was better in the 80's and 90's. Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schu.

Big fan of F1. But it was better in the 80's and 90's. Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schu.

Old timer, lol.

I wasn't into F1 in the so called "glory days", and I actually think this latest season of F1 was the best in my memory. Could have went 3 or 4 different ways right till the last race.
Big Alonso fan, by the way.

Now that they've taken out the traction control, its more intersting to watch them slip and slide all over the place. I don't think they should have their fuel rule though :confused2: Are they still thinking of bring F1 to Austin, Texas?

Are they still thinking of bring F1 to Austin, Texas?

Yep! Someone posted a link earlier in the thread about it actually. Very neat to see another F1 track in North America... except for when they axe Montreal for Austin.

I wish they'd bring back Caesar's track in Vegas. That one looks hilarious!

Has anyone seen Robert Kubica's rally wreck ? It was very violent , he hit a guard rail and it went clean through the car and he almost severed his hand , multiple arm, and shoulder fractures , I think leg fractures too , took an hour to get him out of the car , a 7 hour surgery to reattach his hand , with many more surgeries to come , they say he should recover but will take over a year .

Old timer, lol.

I wasn't into F1 in the so called "glory days", and I actually think this latest season of F1 was the best in my memory. Could have went 3 or 4 different ways right till the last race.
Big Alonso fan, by the way.

yeah i'm playing old timer. Back then I was a teenager but I had my Dad to show me who to root for and why Senna was the greatest.

Yep! Someone posted a link earlier in the thread about it actually. Very neat to see another F1 track in North America... except for when they axe Montreal for Austin.

I wish they'd bring back Caesar's track in Vegas. That one looks hilarious!

There was talk a couple of years back of doing it right on the strip. How awesome would that be!? I saw the proposed layout it was gonna split the strip into two long straightaways with a couple back roads sprinkled in. In the end they decided it was unfeasable to shut down the strip for a day, but the city of San Jose used to do it. They would shut down their entire downtown area.

There was talk a couple of years back of doing it right on the strip. How awesome would that be!? I saw the proposed layout it was gonna split the strip into two long straightaways with a couple back roads sprinkled in. In the end they decided it was unfeasable to shut down the strip for a day, but the city of San Jose used to do it. They would shut down their entire downtown area.

That would have been off the hook!
For those of you who havent' seen the circuit lay out, take a look!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesars_Palace_Grand_Prix
Lots of speed in that track.

Strangely, I searched for "St. Louis Golf" and this thread was near the top. Being a big F1 fan, I read all 5 pages. Due to the time differences, I DVR the races and watch them later on Sundays. I think the constant rule changes are absolutely brutal on the teams, and just plain confusing to the fans. But, I've been watching for almost 10 years, and that's just the way it is with the FIA. This past year, though strange with the giant cars, was exciting, and there were 3 or 4 guys in the championship hunt to the last race! Even though two of my favorites are Alonso and Button (Massa too, since I've met his Uncle, Marcelo), I was really stoked when Vettel won the whole thing. He's a fantastic driver, and I'm looking forward to watching him this year.

Has anyone seen Robert Kubica's rally wreck ? It was very violent , he hit a guard rail and it went clean through the car and he almost severed his hand , multiple arm, and shoulder fractures , I think leg fractures too , took an hour to get him out of the car , a 7 hour surgery to reattach his hand , with many more surgeries to come , they say he should recover but will take over a year .

OH no! This is terrible news! Kubica is also a talented young driver. Wow, I hope his recovery process goes as easy as possible.

Strangely, I searched for "St. Louis Golf" and this thread was near the top. Being a big F1 fan, I read all 5 pages. Due to the time differences, I DVR the races and watch them later on Sundays. I think the constant rule changes are absolutely brutal on the teams, and just plain confusing to the fans. But, I've been watching for almost 10 years, and that's just the way it is with the FIA. This past year, though strange with the giant cars, was exciting, and there were 3 or 4 guys in the championship hunt to the last race! Even though two of my favorites are Alonso and Button (Massa too, since I've met his Uncle, Marcelo), I was really stoked when Vettel won the whole thing. He's a fantastic driver, and I'm looking forward to watching him this year.

OH no! This is terrible news! Kubica is also a talented young driver. Wow, I hope his recovery process goes as easy as possible.

I say: max height, max width, max torque, max horse, same tires..... and thats about it. The rules and reg changes prevent the sport from being better. I feel people watch auto racing for two reasons. The art of creating/ tuning a vehicle to be perfect for its track, and the art of driving/racing skills from the drivers. All the constant and large amounts of rules and regulations destroy the vehicle side of it leaving you just half of the sport.

Bahrain race has been cancelled.

It's a pity.
I wonder if they'll move it to another time in the year [pending a conclusion to the unrest], or add another circuit. Due to the logistics surrounding each race, I highly doubt they'd do either... but it'd be neat!
I guess this means, the teams have more time to prepare... assuming the FIA doesn't impose an even tighter limit on their testing miles... which is already RETARDED.

Documentary coming out all F1 fans should see. It's just won the best Documentary award at Sundance. When I was a kid Aryton Senna was without a doubt the best wet driver ever. Maybe the best driver ever period.

F1 is nothing but politics, this year, they've made it so you CANNOT refuel at all. How crazy is that?!?! And Michael Schumacher is back. Usually the racers who are in pole position win the race. Love that sound though...

NASCAR is boring, they just drive around in an oval, whoopie doo. Question, why can't they make right turns and go in the opposite direction for a change? :D We usually get tickets to see NASCAR in Fontana every year...We had bottom seats near the fence, those seats stink and you get pelted with rubber tire pieces, not fun!! Tis ok...FYI Louis Hamilton's GF is Nicole from Pussycat Dolls who also won Dancing with the Stars. He was on Top Gear a while back he's a cool guy :good: My least fav. driver is Fernando Alonso...him and Louis Hamilton had issues back when they were teammates.

Man, Nascar at Fontana? No wonder you think it's boring if you have to be exposed to that. On another note don't you think passing is more exciting than right turns? Besides in F1 doesn't the car practically drive itself these days? JK, I watch F1 whenever I can, I will pretty much watch any auto racing.

Back