THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK TC Augusta has been mentioned. If it's bigger than that I don't know what course you can be thinking of. Pine Valley? Cypress? Tell me man for the love of God

The venue is just one aspect of many CL.

Hopefully this falls on one of my free weekends so I can attend

OK TC Augusta has been mentioned. If it's bigger than that I don't know what course you can be thinking of. Pine Valley? Cypress? Tell me man for the love of God

Private Jet to St. Andrews

The thud you just heard was my head hitting the desk from fainting.

Bigger than what is already being bantered about here??? WOW!!!!

Wow, I actually did just hear a thud. Might have been the guy installing our new heating system though.

There have been some HUGE ideas so far. Hard to believe there could be anything bigger. You guys going to set me up on a date with Scarlett Johansson too?

JB seriously I think you were PT Barnum in a past life with how you are stoking us all up. And of course there is going to be leaderboards. It's not Augusta right? I think I have a one time pass to play Augusta so if it is I'm in!!!!

If you read anything I post here I rarely get too excited about things like this. Of course I get all amped up with the latest gear like everybody else and apparel gets my juices flowing. So does tour golf and playing great golf courses. Its called the golf lifestyle and what THP was founded on.

When we announced the 1st outing at PGA National, I was grinning. I owed all the thanks in the world to TC and GG for helping with the planning of that event. It was my baby and watching it grow into what it is has been incredible for me. GG does most of the work because frankly she is more intelligent than I am and people like her more (cant say I blame them). As that event has grown into what it is now, I swear I smile when I think about it.

This is baby #2 for me. This is something I came up with and NEVER thought it could be pulled off. Never thought anything like this could be done. But with the help of GG and now TC (see a trend here), my baby is growing before my eyes and I am smiling all day just working on it. Its not done yet but I think it will be soon and I expect that when it is announced, people will be stunned (in a good way).

When the idea came to me I thought I had something special and when you talk to the "powers that be" and they just say things like "epic" "game changing" "groundbreaking" and more, you know that you are on to something unique.

Ok, I've got it...we all fly on the Space Shuttle, and we're playing on the moon!!! 600+ yd drives for everyone!!! :act-up:

OHHH I KNOW!!! 16 players are getting PGA Tour THP Sponsors Exemptions! Why didn't I think of that before!!

If you read anything I post here I rarely get too excited about things like this. Of course I get all amped up with the latest gear like everybody else and apparel gets my juices flowing. So does tour golf and playing great golf courses. Its called the golf lifestyle and what THP was founded on.

When we announced the 1st outing at PGA National, I was grinning. I owed all the thanks in the world to TC and GG for helping with the planning of that event. It was my baby and watching it grow into what it is has been incredible for me. GG does most of the work because frankly she is more intelligent than I am and people like her more (cant say I blame them). As that event has grown into what it is now, I swear I smile when I think about it.

This is baby #2 for me. This is something I came up with and NEVER thought it could be pulled off. Never thought anything like this could be done. But with the help of GG and now TC (see a trend here), my baby is growing before my eyes and I am smiling all day just working on it. Its not done yet but I think it will be soon and I expect that when it is announced, people will be stunned (in a good way).

When the idea came to me I thought I had something special and when you talk to the "powers that be" and they just say things like "epic" "game changing" "groundbreaking" and more, you know that you are on to something unique.

It's stuff like this that make THP truly what it is. A true extension of the people who run it. I know JB that you (and GG, and now TC as well) put your heart into everything that goes on here, and I feel rather privileged to be a part of in one way or another. Hats off to Team THP!

Well I cannot wait to hear about this. Nothing better than a guy with a dream and shooting for the moon and seeing it actually happen.

Ok, I've got it...we all fly on the Space Shuttle, and we're playing on the moon!!! 600+ yd drives for everyone!!! :act-up:

Lol now we will all know how it feels like to be Biggsy and Belbin

16 person, bracket style, one-and-done, THP World Championship of Atari Pong, with trash-talking done via conference call. BOOYAH!

Get you buddy to stand behind you and record your match.
VR-3000_005.jpg

atari_pong_arcade_s1.png

Seriously, I am amped up about this. I'm one up on TC with 2 to play. Were the last match, standing on 17 tee at The PGA Resort Champions Course. The last hole of the Bear Trap, a 172 yard, par 3, all over water, with a 4 club wind in the face.

haha, funny post static! How did you get 1 up on me by 17 though?

haha, funny post static! How did you get 1 up on me by 17 though?

You were AS going in to 16 but you took a 12

OK a real guess. I'm guessing a well known course. I didn't know the locations of Sawgrass and Bay Hill in relation to THP. Someone said Bay HIll is closer. I will go Bay Hill. Full outfits for everyone from head to toe(would be the most exciting part for me as I have no clothes). Leaderboards and cameras to tape it for streaming on the net. Possibly clubs present for anyone who wants to take them out on the course. Winning side gets to keep clubs maybe. Gosh I don't know what else I can guess.

Double edit: It was the right thread

Last edited:
OK a real guess. I'm guessing a well known course. I didn't know the locations of Sawgrass and Bay Hill in relation to THP. Someone said Bay HIll is closer. I will go Bay Hill. Full outfits for everyone from head to toe(would be the most exciting part for me as I have no clothes). Leaderboards and cameras to tape it for streaming on the net. Possibly clubs present for anyone who wants to take them out on the course. Winning side gets to keep clubs maybe. Gosh I don't know what else I can guess.

I'd say a lot of what you've got here if not all would be accurate.

Is the playing format still TBD as well or will this be exactly like the RC as previously discussed?

I'll add one more thing. THP in the works with TGC for a made-for-tv event. Contracts, National TV coverage, Equipment and Apparel sponsors. Think "Big Break- THP".

That's something similar of what I can gather from the hints dropped.

From the iPhone.

You guys should organize something like this, it sounds phenomenal. I know that JB is 100% committed to something truly special and truly unique. I can't wait for the announcement and the excitement from all of you makes all the phone calls and emails worth while. Good stuff.

I'll add one more thing. THP in the works with TGC for a made-for-tv event. Contracts, National TV coverage, Equipment and Apparel sponsors. Think "Big Break- THP".

Hahah I wish. Then I think JB could select his own people rather than watching who signs up

There has to be something with all of the time he was spending with Scott walker lately(or that I have noticed at least). He was probably pitching a show lol. It would be better than any pipedream or rush show.

From the iPhone.

One more question, how will playing ability work into all of this? Would this be open to everyone (which I hope it is) or will only those of a certain handicap or ability get the opportunity to play? THP obviously spans the board for range of handicap, so I'm interested as to how that would all come together, if it can be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back