THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure I would be pretty nervous playing in front of cameras and THP faithful

hehe yeap - i was already primed to step up my level of commitment at practice prior to this years outing in may - i cannot wait to start hitting the links in anticipation of this event. I have no idea where my game will be- the fall is a whole season of golf away - so frreaking stoked!!

It took me about two hours to get caught up. I picked a horrible day and a half to be away. I missed some goodies.

I can't come up with a word to describe the feeling I got when reading what's involved. It's overwhelming and final announcements haven't been announced.

One of the more exciting things I've experienced reading this thread is everyones excitement. It's infectious and heartwarming. This will be mind-blowing in every aspect.

I talked to the wife about this when the buzz started and she could see I was excited. I showed her some more details and she said you have to go to this, can I get it for your birthday? Would you like it for your birthday? You sure can. I love that woman. I really hope I have a unique opportunity to be a part of this.

JB, GG, TC and whomever else is involved that we don't know about, thank you for all of your dedication and selflessness. This place just keeps raising the bar and I'm really proud to be a part of this family.

Someone mentioned earlier the difficulty of amateurs playing alternate shot. I've played in a tournament where that was one of the formats over three days. By far one of the most difficult formats. I'll tell you what though, I played more focused during that round than I can ever remember. I just didn't want to leave my partner in a bad spot. It's a very competitive format in my experience.

Someone mentioned earlier the difficulty of amateurs playing alternate shot. I've played in a tournament where that was one of the formats over three days. By far one of the most difficult formats. I'll tell you what though, I played more focused during that round than I can ever remember. I just didn't want to leave my partner in a bad spot. It's a very competitive format in my experience.

I never played that format but your comments make sense. It would definately cause me to buckle down and focus.

Of course we should all be honest. I bet we'd hear plenty of excuses if that actually happened. "The course is new to me." or "It was a windy day." or "I'm no used to these new clubs." ect.

I was thinking more along the lines (using Kevin's scenario from earlier as an example) of someone being a 20+ capper last year but something finally clicks and they progress to a sub 15 player by the middle of the season. With an anouncement coming soon and enrollment following quickly after, how is that person supposed to react when crunch time happens? Do they try to sign up in hopes that they become as good as they think they can or do they stick to the numbers from last year?

I'm sure we'll all see the big picture soon enough when you all finish up the last minor details and release the announcement to the masses.

I'm willing to bet that describes quite a few of us, myself included. I've had the feeling that I am a 15 playing to a 21 for a long time. Players like me that just need one or two things to fall into place can drop their posted cap quickly!

This is the coolest idea I have heard of on this site,and that's saying alot.Sign me up!I am looking forward to this very much.

I may have turned into One-T and thread skimmed this one, but what has been announced is just about unbelievable. This would be something incredible to be a part of and I can't wait to hear more about it.

What a great place this is! Thanks THP!

I may have turned into One-T and thread skimmed this one, but what has been announced is just about unbelievable. This would be something incredible to be a part of and I can't wait to hear more about it.

What a great place this is! Thanks THP!

For sure. Where else would you see something like this?

Yah I love these type of things, I play so much better when I am focused.

PS nice title? above your avatar, one of the greatest movies ever made.

I never played that format but your comments make sense. It would definately cause me to buckle down and focus.

Me too. I set some goals already for this year and adding what would be required to participate in this event would be a great challenge. I know I have the drive to get it done, the question lies in my ability. Step one comes tomorrow when I play in a simulator. We'll see how the swing has weathered the winter so far. Hopefully it will be better than where I left it.

And here on the second morning, yes I am still super excited about the coming announcement!!

Is this thread still going on? I'm a little surprised members don't get a little bored with the run of the mill events THP throws together. Hehehe.

I'm trying to wait patiently. I'm enjoying the staccato questions fired out in post after post. We're all wondering the same things.

Kevin

I have to say that JB and GG sure know how to generate the buzz....:act-up:
Regardless of the cost, handicap or other variables, this is just the trigger I needed to get off my lazy a** and get some golf in.

Coupled with that, I think I see myself traveling down to Franklin, TN in the next couple of weeks to get a fitting...:banana::banana: I have been saving some $$ to get a new piece of equipment...

I am going to go on a limb and say that once THP announces the constraints/requirements for this awesome event, a list of people will be generated that can go for sure.

After that I am thinking a lottery style type picking might be the way they go...

This is all conjecture on my part, but I am thinking that there will be at least 75 people that will be able to do this trip...16 slots makes for a tough selection process....:beat-up:

I am going to go on a limb and say that once THP announces the constraints/requirements for this awesome event, a list of people will be generated that can go for sure.

After that I am thinking a lottery style type picking might be the way they go...

This is all conjecture on my part, but I am thinking that there will be at least 75 people that will be able to do this trip...16 slots makes for a tough selection process....:beat-up:

You would be incorrect in how we are going to allow people to signup. We will NOT be selecting people as we have said. It will be a signup process for people that want to come once they see what the entire event entails and what the costs are. We expect it to fill up very fast and look forward to seeing who the people are that will make it down. As mentioned, not being in the competition will not eliminate people from enjoying the event.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as I suspect this will fall dead smack in the middle of J.L.'s high school tournament schedule. But I essentially have the go ahead to try and qualify as the "beefy" member of one of the teams if the timing is right.

Kevin

You would be incorrect in how we are going to allow people to signup. We will NOT be selecting people as we have said. It will be a signup process for people that want to come once they see what the entire event entails and what the costs are. We expect it to fill up very fast and look forward to seeing who the people are that will make it down. As mentioned, not being in the competition will not eliminate people from enjoying the event.

Thanks for the clarification.....Sure will be an interesting day once final details and signups are posted...
This is something that has never been done within the confines of any golf forum..(imagine that.... THP leading the pack)

oh...and I am not even asking permission for this one....
I will beg forgiveness after the money has been charged to the card...:angel:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much as I suspect this will fall dead smack in the middle of J.L.'s high school tournament schedule. But I essentially have the go ahead to try and qualify as the "beefy" member of one of the teams if the timing is right.

Kevin

Maybe we can make a team of "beefy" members? We can call ourselves "The beef is here!!!! "

I've dropped hints to the wife about getting in on this and so far there hasn't been the "F*** no!" response I was expecting so there is a glimmer of hope in the distance.

That makes 2 of us Bama. :) Whatever I have to do to make this I will do.

I don't ever really ask, Liz is good with what ever I decide, but then again I feel bad when she can't go to things like this. As a teacher, unless it just happens on one of her many three day off weekends, she has to wait till summer to do much. I never know ahead how my spring will go, but things are starting to look better now, fall on the other hand is generally a great time for me to plan things ahead.

I'll be making this if I'm sweet enough to make the sweet sixteen, lol.

Lol that is what I'm thinking as well.

So there may be a chance JB if you miss out on being on the forum for one day then it may fill up before you know it?

So there may be a chance JB if you miss out on being on the forum for one day then it may fill up before you know it?

nope, to my knowledge...he has said he will announce the day that it will open. so, if you cant get ot the forum that day then I guess you are SOL, but you would have been warned or told it was happening so then it would be no fault but ones own

nope, to my knowledge...he has said he will announce the day that it will open. so, if you cant get ot the forum that day then I guess you are SOL, but you would have been warned or told it was happening so then it would be no fault but ones own
correct, that's the way I understand it as well.

If you are serious about this, Don't stay away from the forum too long. I took a day off and was behind 200 posts.

Pretty sure, It won't be an announcement and then immediate signup. It will be announcement, day you can can start signing up, then sign-up. Plenty of time to know day and time of sign-up even if you aren't on 24-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back