TaylorMade SuperLaunch Hybrid Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Still haven't had a chance to hit this one and I'd really like to. Sounds like it was a real bomber for you, Jake. Great job on the review!

Jake, that was a very thorough and enjoyable read. I don't think there's a better feeling than finding a golf club that you just love! I hope this hybrid continues to work for you in 2011.

Thanks guys, I really found it pretty easy to hit and that was not always something I could say about hybrids I have played in the past.

Thanks guys, I really found it pretty easy to hit and that was not always something I could say about hybrids I have played in the past.

Easy to hit is always a good thing, especially when it's a club that carries 200+ yards.

Very nice review! I wonder what the difference with new white one or is it the same club head just paint white?

They are two different lines. The white hybrid is based on the rescue platform.

Very nice review! I wonder what the difference with new white one or is it the same club head just paint white?

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Very thorough review Jason. I enjoyed reading it and hope to hit it myself soon.

I was lucky enough to see Jake hit this in person and he was killing it! I love the sounds that the TM woods and hybrids make and seeing Jake poke one about 240 off the deck was just a wonderful sight and sound.

Jake- like I said in the comments section of the review on the homepage, this was defintiely your best work yet. Don't look now but your bag is s l o w l y becoming a Taylormade one. Love the transformation of your bag over the past 6 mos....

Excellent review on a great looking hybrid. I like that it has very little offset, that club really appeals to my eye too.

I really like the price of this hybrid. For a stick that performs as well as this one, $140 is not a steep price to pay.

I really like the price of this hybrid. For a stick that performs as well as this one, $140 is not a steep price to pay.

It is when you can buy a Mashie w/ a Miyazaki shaft in it for the same price.

Very enjoyable review Jake, this was a great read. I loved my 09 burner rescue so its good to hear TM is still bringing the goods.

damn beat me to it....was thinking the same thing....
It is when you can buy a Mashie w/ a Miyazaki shaft in it for the same price.

I have yet to hit the Mashie. So I have yet to drink the Kool-Aide.

Kool-Aid is when companies lead you to believe that their product is the best. When everyday people say it is the best, that is fine wine.

Kool-Aid is when companies lead you to believe that their product is the best. When everyday people say it is the best, that is fine wine.

I dunno. Golf Digest said it looked half finished. :arrogant:

I will hit the Mashie, I just how much I liked the Superlaunch. But I have just had a hard time finding a better hybrid than what I currently play.

brilliant post Seth...rep added

I will hit the Mashie, I just how much I liked the Superlaunch. But I have just had a hard time finding a better hybrid than what I currently play.

I've hit every Taylormade hybrid that's come out in the past 5 years and none of them hold a candle.

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone. I only hit a Mashie probably 10-15 shots on the range at THP Demo Days last September and it was nice but as I said in my review I struggle with a hybrid that looks and feels like your typical hybrid. Callaway Heavenwood, Titleist 585H, Cobra Baffler and others so to me the Mashie fits into that same mold. I don't want to turn the focus away from the SuperLaunch Rescue so I only used those for an example but the SuperLaunch to me is more like a little fairway wood and that helped me a ton with finally being able to hit a hybrid well. I was beginning to think I was just not good enough to play a hybrid before this one came around.

GD also gave it a silver medal even though performance, etc was off the charts good as told by their own testers so let's not put too much stock into what GD says. Sheep we are not.

Back