THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks buddy, I am sure I will take flack from this comment but I am gonna say it...if you read through the thread, there has been A LOT of posts regarding what people would like to see done or asking the same questions over and over and over again. I guess I just dont think the same way, my thoughts are: man I hope I get to be in this and I cant wait to hear the rest of the details. I am not complaining but you can see some people are scared they may not get in and are making a PUSH to be involved. I am sure JB knows most of what he is going to announce but for whatever reason is waiting. I guess I just do not see how people can not accept that. (bring the negative rep)

I agree completely with your perspective. I will be thrilled if I meet whatever criteria are announced. If I fit that criteria, you know darn well that I will go after it. If not, such is life, and then I maybe make plans to share in the fun from the sidelines.

This is truly a one of a kind opportunity. We should all be thankful we are down with THP, and that dreaming of this is even possible.

Thanks buddy, I am sure I will take flack from this comment but I am gonna say it...if you read through the thread, there has been A LOT of posts regarding what people would like to see done or asking the same questions over and over and over again. I guess I just dont think the same way, my thoughts are: man I hope I get to be in this and I cant wait to hear the rest of the details. I am not complaining but you can see some people are scared they may not get in and are making a PUSH to be involved. I am sure JB knows most of what he is going to announce but for whatever reason is waiting. I guess I just do not see how people can not accept that. (bring the negative rep)

I guess my $1,000,000 donation I just sent won't help PUSH my involvement. DANG!

Any adult competitive event that I participated in, whether it be helping with setup, layout, or even playing have been around those distances. IF(and Im saying if because I have no clue whatsoever) we are dealing with people of <15 handicaps that range from average drives around 220-400 yard or however long, I see 6600-6800 being in the middle. That being said I have no experience with Reunion.

Can I ask why? What experience or past is showing that distances?

I basically, just have one question. Is it later in the week yet?:nailbiting:

Any adult competitive event that I participated in, whether it be helping with setup, layout, or even playing have been around those distances. IF(and Im saying if because I have no clue whatsoever) we are dealing with people of <15 handicaps that range from average drives around 220-400 yard or however long, I see 6600-6800 being in the middle. That being said I have no experience with Reunion.

I guess I do not see anywhere that 6800 is the middle for amateur golf.

And 400 yard drives? Awesome.

I bet you those bunkers would make 6600 play more like 6800.

I dont think you should take flack for it. You make valid points. No sense asking a bunch of questions or expressing thoughts about the event until JB and GG have finished revealing all the facts.

If I put my golfball on the front seat of my truck I can drive it 400 yards easy :D

Any adult competitive event that I participated in, whether it be helping with setup, layout, or even playing have been around those distances. IF(and Im saying if because I have no clue whatsoever) we are dealing with people of

withdrawing my name from the long drive contest:alien:

I'm really just looking forward to this because I want to play in it. Select whatever tees, equipment, cloths that I have to play/wear. I just want to be in the 16 playing in this event because I feel it will be EPIC

I'm really just looking forward to this because I want to play in it. Select whatever tees, equipment, cloths that I have to play/wear. I just want to be in the 16 playing in this event because I feel it will be EPIC

You play golf in cloths? That's interesting.

Good post little brother, and I agree with you completely. The excitement is wonderful but all the worrying about who's in/who isn't, what tee boxes, and all that isn't constructive.

I'll give you positive rep for this, this is a good post. Even though I am probably one of those pushing, beleive me that is not my intent. Sure, I am very excited for this, probably too excited for my own good, but I can recognize an awesome opportunity when I see it. I'm not trying to be a pain, I am just very curious. Curious by nature, especially about things that could involve me. At any rate, I'll be anxiously waiting for the announcement, hoping that there is a chance for me.

This was a great post. I'd give positive rep to you if I could.

JB - Is there a client number to which I can bill all the time I'm spending on this thread? :) Must...do...work...

Cloths or Clothes doesn't matter to me, I just want to play haha

Cloths or Clothes doesn't matter to me, I just want to play haha

Reunion isn't that type of resort buddy, and I'd prefer that you preferred clothes. I'm just sayin'

This is my opinion too.

Good post little brother, and I agree with you completely. The excitement is wonderful but all the worrying about who's in/who isn't, what tee boxes, and all that isn't constructive.

I wasn't trying to be destructive by posting the course stats, just putting it out for all to see. Mainly to show the the Nicklaus course looks hard. I'll remove it if asked.

No, it doesn't need to be removed .... it's just that everyone is getting worked up over some details that will be revealed shortly.

I'll give you positive rep for this, this is a good post. Even though I am probably one of those pushing, beleive me that is not my intent. Sure, I am very excited for this, probably too excited for my own good, but I can recognize an awesome opportunity when I see it. I'm not trying to be a pain, I am just very curious. Curious by nature, especially about things that could involve me. At any rate, I'll be anxiously waiting for the announcement, hoping that there is a chance for me.

This was a great post. I'd give positive rep to you if I could.

wasnt aimed directly at anyone, I love seeing the excitement and I completly see why anyone one person would want to be involved. Hell, I badly wanna be in it, but if its just not in the cards I have prepped myslf to accept that.

This sounds awesome:banana:

wasnt aimed directly at anyone, I love seeing the excitement and I completly see why anyone one person would want to be involved. Hell, I badly wanna be in it, but if its just not in the cards I have prepped myslf to accept that.

Heck if I was in Callaway's marketing I'd get you and TC to play the Callaways so I can do a spoof on that "winners play Callaway" bit and just change it to Calloways play Callaways. You guys could be a viral phenomenon... in a good way.

Ha. I like it. Thats funny.
Heck if I was in Callaway's marketing I'd get you and TC to play the Callaways so I can do a spoof on that "winners play Callaway" bit and just change it to Calloways play Callaways. You guys could be a viral phenomenon... in a good way.

So I was in class today thinking about the THP Match Play and in my head I thought "taylormade" just that one word and I kid you not I was dozing off at the time and I started to kind of drool but I caught myself before it was a full on drool.

As far as the intenseness and nerves. I LOVE IT! Every tournament off the first tee I am shaking with fear, I get so nervous I feel sick to the stomach and then I perform. That nervousness and pressure on myself is what makes me play good.

Very true. I never thought of it that way, I wasnt expecting much elevation changes ar reunion, but I havent looked it up at all though.
There are some elevation changes but it's not huge numbers. Enough to make you think about club selection. Most typical Florida courses are relatively flat, Reunion has some elevation change, so it's not typical from that standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back