THP Match Play 2011 - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on vacation and just read this. This is INCREDIBLY AWESOME!

Heck if I was in Callaway's marketing I'd get you and TC to play the Callaways so I can do a spoof on that "winners play Callaway" bit and just change it to Calloways play Callaways. You guys could be a viral phenomenon... in a good way.

I like it!!! Good thinking!

I have been on vacation and just read this. This is INCREDIBLY AWESOME!

vacation? you cant take those!

Thanks buddy, I am sure I will take flack from this comment but I am gonna say it...if you read through the thread, there has been A LOT of posts regarding what people would like to see done or asking the same questions over and over and over again. I guess I just dont think the same way, my thoughts are: man I hope I get to be in this and I cant wait to hear the rest of the details. I am not complaining but you can see some people are scared they may not get in and are making a PUSH to be involved. I am sure JB knows most of what he is going to announce but for whatever reason is waiting. I guess I just do not see how people can not accept that. (bring the negative rep)

Nice to see someone feels the same as I.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A ONCE IN LIFETIME TYPE EXPERIENCE......THERE WILL BE 16 LUCKY THPers and hundreds of jealous well wishers! Good luck to everyone!

I don't mean to be a downer here as well, but to add to what One-T said:

JB DID say there was going to be some criteria, and even I myself am getting my hopes up and like T said again pushing myself to get into the 16, who knows maybe I don't even fit the criteria.

Just a word of advice and I am not trying to knock on anybody but don't be discouraged if you don't fit the criteria. Although it is disappointing it is sad to see someone super excited for the event but they don't know all of the details and something may perhaps disable them from playing in the actual event. I am very excited to see the details, but am trying not to count my chickens before they hatch.

I know THP is making this an event for everyone even spectators but it appears everyone is super geared up about actually participating.

wasnt aimed directly at anyone, I love seeing the excitement and I completly see why anyone one person would want to be involved. Hell, I badly wanna be in it, but if its just not in the cards I have prepped myslf to accept that.

I know that it wasn't aimed at anyone, but I did see it as an eye opener for myself. I've been on this thread constantly over the last few days and while the majority of my posts have been exclaiming my excitement, I have tried to ask a few questions along the way. I know that entertaining the same questions over and over is not fun especially when you are trying to finalize the details. So to JB, GG, and TC, and however else who has had a hand in the planning of this event, please accept my apologies for pestering. The last thing I want to do it aggravate those who are planning such a kick-a$$ event. I was letting my excitement get the best of me, and I am sorry for pestering.

I truly look forward to the big announcement!

I was sitting waiting for my per-employment drug test an hour or so ago, and reading through all of the "pressure" comments. It got me thinking I haven't done anything athletic, under pressure, since about 1989! I could be that guy that folds and wrinkles like a cheap suit! I'm not letting that stop me from wanting to be in the competition part of this gathering though. I would/will be ecstatic to be able to come to Florida, cheer on the competitors, meet some THPers in person, and maybe even play a round.

Like many, I was one that was sort of pushing for more detail, and in retrospect that was inconsiderate. I can only imagine the amount of work that has had to go into this event. I have been remiss in offering my thanks to everyone involved. So, thanks to JB, GG, TC, and of course to TM and Callaway, not to mention Reunion!

I was sitting waiting for my per-employment drug test an hour or so ago, and reading through all of the "pressure" comments. It got me thinking I haven't done anything athletic, under pressure, since about 1989! I could be that guy that folds and wrinkles like a cheap suit! I'm not letting that stop me from wanting to be in the competition part of this gathering though. I would/will be ecstatic to be able to come to Florida, cheer on the competitors, meet some THPers in person, and maybe even play a round.

Like many, I was one that was sort of pushing for more detail, and in retrospect that was inconsiderate. I can only imagine the amount of work that has had to go into this event. I have been remiss in offering my thanks to everyone involved. So, thanks to JB, GG, TC, and of course to TM and Callaway, not to mention Reunion!

The way I see it...if you can pee in front of a stranger...you can handle the pressure of a 3 footer for all the bacon...hehe

The way I see it...if you can pee in front of a stranger...you can handle the pressure of a 3 footer for all the bacon...hehe
Don't expect me to be the anchor match if that's the case, I cannot pee in front of a stranger to save my life!

I started playing in tournaments/skins matches a couple of years ago and kind of got addicted to playing/putting in pressure situations. Did I always succeed? Heck no! But the feel of those juices flowing is like nothing else!

I started playing in tournaments/skins matches a couple of years ago and kind of got addicted to playing/putting in pressure situations. Did I always succeed? Heck no! But the feel of those juices flowing is like nothing else!

Isn't it something? Especially team matches where everyone else screws up and it's all up to you to pull off the shot, and when you complete it your sooo clutch. What a rush!!

Isn't it something? Especially team matches where everyone else screws up and it's all up to you to pull off the shot, and when you complete it your sooo clutch. What a rush!!
Agreed. I play a team match play event every year at my club in June (we won our flight last year). And when your partner is out of the hole it's up to you, which adds even more pressure. :)

Agreed. I play a team match play event every year at my club in June (we won our flight last year). And when your partner is out of the hole it's up to you, which adds even more pressure. :)

Don't expect me to be the anchor match if that's the case, I cannot pee in front of a stranger to save my life!

hahaha...I was talking about his drug test. but it sounds to me like you have tried this quite a few times

Not sure about the rest of you hooligans but I for one have never done something of this format. And lets be honest here. If youve never done something like this theres going to be nerves and a little stage fright. I'll admit it. It sounds pretty damn scary to have a whole team watching you depending on you and on top of that a camera all up in your grill. I played the big three sports growing up and I cant think of anything that comes close to this in terms of pressure. Should be fun to see whos a Tiger and whos a Gmac and I cant wait to see how it all unfolds.

Not sure about the rest of you hooligans but I for one have never done something of this format. And lets be honest here. If youve never done something like this theres going to be nerves and a little stage fright. I'll admit it. It sounds pretty damn scary to have a whole team watching you depending on you and on top of that a camera all up in your grill. I played the big three sports growing up and I cant think of anything that comes close to this in terms of pressure. Should be fun to see whos a Tiger and whos a Gmac and I cant wait to see how it all unfolds.
Even if you've played in pressure situations before the nerves are always still there. It's that "rush" that makes it exciting.

agreed! I did some match play stuff in HS, but nowhere does that compare to what will happen down in Orlando in August.

Until I started playing in tournaments did I really know what Bobby Jones meant when he said, "There is golf and there is tournament golf." It's like night and day, and I just do little amateur stuff.

If I'm not playing in this event I'd like to volunteer to be the, "Get In The Hole!!!" and the "You Da Man!!" guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back