Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My personal goals for tomorrow:

• Par #3
  • Hit fairway on #5
  • Hit green on #6
Those are three things I have never done on that course... :banghead:

Great goals! I can't wait for people to play #3 who have not played yet. I don't know that I have really played a hole that is harder to get par on with the possible exception of the Bear Trap.

Great goals! I can't wait for people to play #3 who have not played yet. I don't know that I have really played a hole that is harder to get par on with the possible exception of the Bear Trap.

Its all about the tee shot. I've hit mulligans right up there to about 140 out several times and from there its simple as pie. I just need to accomplish that with my first tee shot.

As I mentioned before, I'm not sure the landing area on #5 is bigger than a picnic table. It has to land in just the right spot. It seems I almost always overestimate the hole and hit it too far on that one.

And #6 shouldn't be a huge problem, and it probably wouldn't be if I played the course more often but I think I'm always unsure what club to hit and never commit to the shot.

Its all about the tee shot. I've hit mulligans right up there to about 140 out several times and from there its simple as pie. I just need to accomplish that with my first tee shot.

As I mentioned before, I'm not sure the landing area on #5 is bigger than a picnic table. It has to land in just the right spot. It seems I almost always overestimate the hole and hit it too far on that one.

And #6 shouldn't be a huge problem, and it probably wouldn't be if I played the course more often but I think I'm always unsure what club to hit and never commit to the shot.

The secret to #6 is to chose the correct club to get on the correct level and, if you miss, miss left. Club selection is a pain for sure.

After reading about those three, y'all will probably be real glad that I don't cuss. :D

After reading about those three, y'all will probably be real glad that I don't cuss. :D

I'm really glad you don't cuss because I'll probably do enough for all of us. :D Ok, I will do my best to be a proper lady just for you DawgDaddy since you are such a gentleman.

Advantage in our house goes to me cuz Ole' Gray has been playing all day and still isn't home. He's gonna be so tired tomorrow and I'm gonna be all rested.

I'm really glad you don't cuss because I'll probably do enough for all of us. :D Ok, I will do my best to be a proper lady just for you DawgDaddy since you are such a gentleman.

Advantage in our house goes to me cuz Ole' Gray has been playing all day and still isn't home. He's gonna be so tired tomorrow and I'm gonna be all rested.

Well I just got through eating dinner and drinking a cold beverage after playing golf all day long. You'd think I was a young pup again instead of being 60 yrs old. It was a beautiful day and I feel like I got a little sunburn (easy Sean - not directed at you :D) today on my cheeks and arms. It was fun today but this weekend is going to be the real deal :thumb:. Ryder Cup Georgia style :eek:)!
:zsimpsons:

Everyone have their sticks polished and ready for the Rumble in Royston?

Just got through stocking up the bag with plenty of golf balls and snacks, I hope I get some good sleep tonight. I am planning on leaving a little before 7 to allow "get lost time". Being a man, it is against the code to ask directions if I make a bad turn.

Well I just got through eating dinner and drinking a cold beverage after playing golf all day long. You'd think I was a young pup again instead of being 60 yrs old. It was a beautiful day and I feel like I got a little sunburn (easy Sean - not directed at you :D) today on my cheeks and arms. It was fun today but this weekend is going to be the real deal :thumb:. Ryder Cup Georgia style :eek:)!
LOL! Good luck this weekend in The Gray Cup!

Everyone have their sticks polished and ready for the Rumble in Royston?

I better go check my shoes and see if they still have mud all over them from the dip in the pond last weekend. I know my clubs are dirty. Better go ahead and get them too.

We're packing our bags and getting ready for the drive up. We're going to stay somewhere near Elberton tomorrow night and tee it up again at Arrowhead Point on Sunday.

I have snack bars and crackers for everyone. I am ready to rumble!!!

I will have my balls in my pants tomorrow morning! It may be chilly.

Just got through stocking up the bag with plenty of golf balls and snacks, I hope I get some good sleep tonight. I am planning on leaving a little before 7 to allow "get lost time". Being a man, it is against the code to ask directions if I make a bad turn.

I do love my Garmin GPS. Although, I've driven to this course enough times to get there at this point. Its not he easiest track to find if you aren't familiar with the town. Just remember to turn right by the gas station/mickey d's if coming from Royston... haha

I better go check my shoes and see if they still have mud all over them from the dip in the pond last weekend. I know my clubs are dirty. Better go ahead and get them too.

We're packing our bags and getting ready for the drive up. We're going to stay somewhere near Elberton tomorrow night and tee it up again at Arrowhead Point on Sunday.

I have snack bars and crackers for everyone. I am ready to rumble!!!

I love Arrowhead Point, especially the back nine. I envy Seth for living so close to two awesome courses that are so reasonably priced.

I love Arrowhead Point, especially the back nine. I envy Seth for living so close to two awesome courses that are so reasonably priced.

Both courses are really nice Georgia state park golf courses. Setho has shared a few pics of Highland Walk on this thread. You can view some of Arrowhead Pointe Info at this link: http://www.arrowheadpointegc.com/golf/proto/arrowheadpointegc/

Looking forward to the shootout at the OK Corral tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.! Team Setho/RxGus must be shaking in fear right now. They are so scared they have lock jock :D! hmmmmmmm just joking dudes. You guys will be armed with the latest weapons for the thiller in Manila :golf2:

P.S. Sean - It will be in the 50's in the a.m. but moving on up to upper 60's by noon :eek:)

Our day at Highland Walk in Royston, GA. What a beautiful day!
DSCF7792.jpg

DSCF7796.jpg
DSCF7789.jpg
DSCF7797.jpg
DSCF7801.jpg
DSCF7802.jpg
DSCF7804.jpg
DSCF7805.jpg
DSCF7808.jpg
DSCF7812.jpg
DSCF7813.jpg
DSCF7815.jpg
DSCF7818.jpg
DSCF7821.jpg
DSCF7823.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Hills! I love that elevation change.

Good pics KellyBo (I know Ole Gray posted them but she was the primary photographer today) , I had a great time today with everyone, y'all hit 'em straight tomorrow and don't beat up on RXGus & SethO too bad.

Great pictures! Great looking group of golfers!

ps: Short-sleeved shirts? What the heck?

Glad to see you made it home DawgDaddy! Enjoy that hot tub. Hope it helps your back. Wish I had one right now! Glad you joined us. It's always a pleasure.

The outside temp when I cranked up the car to leave said 75*. Pretty nice all day.

Glad to see you made it home DawgDaddy! Enjoy that hot tub. Hope it helps your back. Wish I had one right now! Glad you joined us. It's always a pleasure.

I am hitting the hot tub as soon as the golf goes off, just sitting here in the recliner relaxing. Always a pleasure to see everyone and was a treat to meet LittlePingMan. Y'all enjoy tomorrow and have a safe trip home.

Great pictures! Great looking group of golfers!

ps: Short-sleeved shirts? What the heck?

By the back-9 I wanted shorts. It was WARM out there today, especially when you take as many swings as I did!

Back