WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Brackets

Bobby Jones:
~ Luke Donald takes it

Gary Player:
~ Rory McIlroy takes it over Justin Rose in the semi

Ben Hogan:
~ Rickie Fowler
Upsets Phil, Kuchar and Poulter in Semis(Fowler showed lots of match play guts at ryder cup and was very good match player in college especially in singles)

Sam Snead:
~ Tiger Woods
Last time Tiger entered this tournament not as the overall number 1 seed he won it. Regardless of what cook said about him clicking with his swing; in singles match play he is still intimidating to other players regardless of swing. He blew away molinari at the ryder cup when his swing was not the best. Beat Paul Casey in semi's who will be rock solid in this match

Champion: Tiger

Champion Match: Fowler v. Woods
Consolation: Donald v. Mcilroy

Based a lot of my picks off of ryder cup matches and prev. singles success. Someone like Kaymer seems like good choice first glance but has struggled the last few times out and was dreadful at the ryder cup

I agree with the fact that the way Tiger is playing these days, he has a much better chance in match play type events. I'm just not sure he can put enough good rounds together to finish the job. I just know he will be on my team this week.

I agree with the fact that the way Tiger is playing these days, he has a much better chance in match play type events. I'm just not sure he can put enough good rounds together to finish the job. I just know he will be on my team this week.

Tiger can get away with his swing faults because he can out think someone in this event. Other than casey, ogilvy or other matchplay gods of course.

I have to print out the brackets. I'm excited about Mark Wilson vs Dustin Johnson. It's an exercise in course management. I've played with random senior citizens that I constantly outdrove and yet they still managed par or bogey. When they got me realizing that the only thing that matters is the number of strokes to put the ball in the hole, I toned my driver down a few notches and started hitting more fairways.

I can't wait to see the machete vs the scalpel, for me, that's good golf.

Add in Quiros vs Y.E. Yang too... (just glanced over the brackets)

Brackets

Bobby Jones:
~ Luke Donald takes it

Gary Player:
~ Rory McIlroy takes it over Justin Rose in the semi

Ben Hogan:
~ Rickie Fowler
Upsets Phil, Kuchar and Poulter in Semis(Fowler showed lots of match play guts at ryder cup and was very good match player in college especially in singles)

Sam Snead:
~ Tiger Woods
Last time Tiger entered this tournament not as the overall number 1 seed he won it. Regardless of what cook said about him clicking with his swing; in singles match play he is still intimidating to other players regardless of swing. He blew away molinari at the ryder cup when his swing was not the best. Beat Paul Casey in semi's who will be rock solid in this match

Champion: Tiger

Champion Match: Fowler v. Woods
Consolation: Donald v. Mcilroy

Based a lot of my picks off of ryder cup matches and prev. singles success. Someone like Kaymer seems like good choice first glance but has struggled the last few times out and was dreadful at the ryder cup

Gutsy picks. I see a lot of high numbers in your future based on those players play this year like Donald's 80.....hehe.

And were we watching the same Kaymer the last few times out? Last time out he struggled less than Woods (by a large margin), and the time before that, he blew away the entire field I believe.

I think Kaymer's strength is in stroke play, but with a swing and a putting stroke that stands up so well under pressure - never write him off!

Interesting to see if the teams are spread across the brackets evenly. I haven't bothered looking at the brackets, but if I can pick the top 4 guys in one bracket, I might do ok! :D

I'm still thinking about my picks and I still don't like them, but I am not changing them. Every time I do I look back I wish I didn't. I am not taking Poulter. It will either kill me or help me. He's got a tough 1st round match up.

I've changed mine a few times then made the cardinal sin of seeing what the PGATour.com's power ranking looked like and while I didn't take their #1 (Justin Rose) this week it did weigh on my decision and I'm pretty sure the guy I put in will be a 1 and done. Dang it!

Well that's your first problem, only putting in one guy! You can put in TEN guys, P4B!

WD ALERT: Per Gary Van Sickle of Sports Illustrated on Twitter, Tim Clark has just WDed. He will be replaced by JB Holmes. Clark was the #6 seed in the Snead bracket and was to play Camilo Villegas in the first round. Now, it's a battle of the bombers between Holmes and Villegas.

I just don't get Clark waiting this late if he's so injured as to miss several times.

On a side note, there are some interesting Aussie matchup's that just might be the story this year. Ogilvy always seem's hungry here.

How any tournaments now has TC wd'd from? Getting a little ridic.

I HATE that they made this an 18 hole final

Damn, what was there reasoning behind that? I thought the 36 hole final worked perfectly in years prior. Let's the best golfer prevail in most situations.

Easier for the consumer to stay watching the TV for 18 holes? Im not sure.
Damn, what was there reasoning behind that? I thought the 36 hole final worked perfectly in years prior. Let's the best golfer prevail in most situations.

Personally, I would like them to record all the shots and cut out the walking, that way in the 4 hours of tv time, we see all the previous shots, and maybe only watch the last 9 holes live.

I HATE that they made this an 18 hole final

I agree, didn't know they did that, the 36 holes was great, loved that they started in the morning and then after they got close to their second 18 the next match went off.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Things would flow a little better during the broadcast.

Personally, I would like them to record all the shots and cut out the walking, that way in the 4 hours of tv time, we see all the previous shots, and maybe only watch the last 9 holes live.

Good idea Thainer, less walking and more golf, what a concept. All golf fans should applaude this idea.

Now it could be over in 10 holes, at least before it had to go at least 19.
Exactly...

Didn't realize they shortened the final to 18. That's disappointing.

I filled out the bracket, got my first 8 guys easy enough, then had to pick 2 of the 8 losers in the round of 16. That was the hard part.

Tiger's gonna win.

That is all.

Back