WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

I think its funny how many experts are picking stricker...am I missing something???

Interesting question is who goes farther this week and why?

Tiger Woods or Lee Westwood.

Tiger - Average at best over teh last 18 months. Below average so far this year with the new swing. Done very well in match play events and blow up holes wont kill him.

Westwood - Flat out stunk at this event. Never made it past 2nd round. But he is #1 now and has a new found confidence that he has not had in the past.

Not sure which way to go. If you can be PURELY subjective and not go with the fan side of things, which way do you go?

Neither. I have them both out in round 2. Westwood losing to Watney and Woods losing to Ogilvy.

I'll take Tiger. Better match play history in the past, has won on this golf course before, and Westwood doesn't play all that much on this side of the pond. Plus, "new found confidence" for Westwood? Look at his results since he actually became #1 in the world, not all that good.

Yes confidence. I believe he has a win since becoming #1 (regardless of field) and finished ahead of both 2 and 3 in the last tournament. Plus he has not stopped talking since becoming #1, so clearly he has the confidence.

I think its funny how many experts are picking stricker...am I missing something???

I must be missing the same thing you are... Stricker is 1-2 in Marana the last 2 years and looked terrible last week. If he manages to beat Manassero, I don't see him getting past Schwartzel.

Manboobs is going down! I'm hoping we have a good showing from this side of the pond.

Interesting question is who goes farther this week and why?

Tiger Woods or Lee Westwood.

Tiger - Average at best over teh last 18 months. Below average so far this year with the new swing. Done very well in match play events and blow up holes wont kill him.

Westwood - Flat out stunk at this event. Never made it past 2nd round. But he is #1 now and has a new found confidence that he has not had in the past.

Not sure which way to go. If you can be PURELY subjective and not go with the fan side of things, which way do you go?

Neither. I have them both out in round 2. Westwood losing to Watney and Woods losing to Ogilvy.
I'm with BenJ on this one, neither. I think Ogilvy OR Harrington will knock off TW and either AK or Watney will handle Westwood. Neither, final answer.

That's why they're "experts". :D

That's actually my upset of the 1st... young man Manassero to beat an inconsistent Stricker.

I have Woods out third round and Westy second. Both may be pushing things with that.

Where I get stuck is Ogilvy and Scott! Either can catch on fire and the winner of this is often someone seeded high.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

You didn't pick Strick? The Strickster?

Ill go with TW to go further than Westy because like people have said, the blow up holes wont hurt him as much. But I don't know. Honestly I could see him getting blown out the first round the way his game is.

I agree with you One T, the Foley version of El Tigre is not something I see going far. I don't want to see anymore.

I'm hoping a few of my guys do well. Paul Casey is my pick this year.

fantasy team
GMac
Justin Rose
Jimenez
Overton
Kuchar
Watney
Eddie Molinari
Ogilvy
Casey
Woods

I figured the best case scenerio is to pick guys away from each other, so i looked at the 8 regionals and picked who i thought would win those along with two wildcard picks (casey, eldrick).

I'm going with
Swartzel in the Jones Div.
GMac in the Hogan Div.
Jimenez in the Player Div
Els in the Snead Div

GMac Vs. Jimenez For the Championship match

GMac wins

What does Tim Clark and Tiger Woods have in common?

Spoiler
Both seem to be taking 2011 off!

Spoiler
Neither one would have a chance against Overton

FIFY...and say it like that as well. I fixed your spoiler

Spoiler
Both seem to be taking 2011 off!

LMAO :drinks: good one

what is it with John Feinstein's darkhorse pick of Ishikawa? I thought he was kidding. He will not make it past the first round. Tiger goes further than Westwood and makes finals. Should be a good watch if you record and watch by fast forwarding through the countless commercials. Hopefully coverage won't be so dominated by watching everyone putt.

I cant believe D.T is in Cancun he was always a stud in this , just isn't the same without him. This is got to be first time in like 10yrs he hasn't made it ? I think

For what it's worth, last 3 guys on the range tonight per Twitter reports: Tiger, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Furyk.

For what it's worth, last 3 guys on the range tonight per Twitter reports: Tiger, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Furyk.

WTH is Tiger doing on the range? He should be on the putting green. MAJ was probably looking at him smoking a cigar and drinking a cognac for S&G's.

Don't forget...entries must be in by 9:25 AM EST on WEDNESDAY !

Got my picks in....

Ok,have my final picks in after 4 changes.I hope I'm right on the euro picks.

Ok,have my final picks in after 4 changes.I hope I'm right on the euro picks.

I only made 3 changes this week, I have made one change each of the last 2 and have had really bad weeks. Hope to get back in the hunt this week.

I am going to change my lineup.....again!

I have now changed my line-up 4 times! This is crazy. It would have been fun to do a NCAA bracket style league out of this.

Back