Callaway RAZR Hawk & Octane Drivers Explained

Somebody should have to answer for the Razr hybrid. I don't know how to explain it. But I find it to be an eye sore.

Dear Razr Hawk driver,

It's been almost a full 48 hours and I still miss you more than you possibly know. Not only were you attractive, but you lived up to all the hype I was hoping for. You performed as advertised and you were the one club that allowed me to actually appear like I knew what I was doing on a golf course.

I hope to have dreams about you and I look forward to the day that we are reunited.

Xoxo,

TC

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Dear Razr Hawk driver,

It's been almost a full 48 hours and I still miss you more than you possibly know. Not only were you attractive, but you lived up to all the hype I was hoping for. You performed as advertised and you were the one club that allowed me to actually appear like I knew what I was doing on a golf course.

I hope to have dreams about you and I look forward to the day that we are reunited.

Xoxo,

TC

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That was really sweet, I think she will come back to you.

I just listened to this show again. If you have not done so, it might be worth a listen. Very good info.

To those who have hit the octane outside. The graphics on the top of the club, do they act as more of alignment or just for show, and how's does look in the sun? Got to hit this one today, wasn't blown away with any distance gains but the ball flight and dispersion was excellent. Plan on getting know this one better in wpb.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

To those who have hit the octane outside. The graphics on the top of the club, do they act as more of alignment or just for show, and how's does look in the sun? Got to hit this one today, wasn't blown away with any distance gains but the ball flight and dispersion was excellent. Plan on getting know this one better in wpb.

I dont think either in my experience. They are kind of just there.

Cool, hadn't noticed them in photos so when I set up it was kinda like "oh hello."

I'm going to have to listen to the show again regarding the composite cause the face feels fantastic.

I dont think either in my experience. They are kind of just there.

I agree with JB on this, I went out and played 9 today, and once I set up I didn't even notice the graghics.

I actually think the graphics look better outside in the sun, but I was playing the Razr Hawk Tour model, it has no graphics on the crown, but does on the sole. I love it! So unique and beautiful.

I miss the Razr Hawk so much at this point.

Thanks all, it wasn't an "oh my god they put stuff on the crown, that's so stupid and distracting" comment. Just really had never noticed them and wondered the reasoning behind since most calloways are fairly clean on top.

Definitely want to try the razr soon.

Had a chance to hit the razr hawk today up against my diablo edge, I don't have my exact numbers but my swing speed was between 90-95 on all shots, and my diablo edge was 10-20 yard farther. I didn't get a chance to try out the octane they were pretty booked with fittings and only one Trackman was setup.

Had a chance to hit the razr hawk today up against my diablo edge, I don't have my exact numbers but my swing speed was between 90-95 on all shots, and my diablo edge was 10-20 yard farther. I didn't get a chance to try out the octane they were pretty booked with fittings and only one Trackman was setup.

The diablo was 10-20 yards further than the Razr Hawk? hmmm

Yup I was quite surprised myself, but like I said we didn't have a ton of time to tinker and figure out what the deal was, I just wanted to compare after I was done with my iron fitting. I'm definitely not a long hitting the Razr Hawk was going 212-225, my Diablo Edge was 238-245.

Yup I was quite surprised myself, but like I said we didn't have a ton of time to tinker and figure out what the deal was, I just wanted to compare after I was done with my iron fitting. I'm definitely not a long hitting the Razr Hawk was going 212-225, my Diablo Edge was 238-245.

I hit both on Saturday and was just not seeing those results. But, I guess some things work better for some people. Glad you were able to get out there and demo some stuff

I figure it's familiarity of my current driver and just not having enough time to work out the swing with the razr hawk. Once the weather warms up I'll be able to try them out on a range (plus the may outing!) and I might give it another shot. I wasn't really wanting to replace my driver already so this actually is good news for my pocketbook.

I figure it's familiarity of my current driver and just not having enough time to work out the swing with the razr hawk. Once the weather warms up I'll be able to try them out on a range (plus the may outing!) and I might give it another shot. I wasn't really wanting to replace my driver already so this actually is good news for my pocketbook.

haha, it is good news for the wallet! I was just wondering. Thanks for the info!

What are everyone else's thoughts on the forged composite (for those that have seen it)? I think it looks awesome and it's a nice touch to the aesthetics of the golf club.

What are everyone else's thoughts on the forged composite (for those that have seen it)? I think it looks awesome and it's a nice touch to the aesthetics of the golf club.

I like the smoky thing on the bottom.

From the iPhone.

I think the range I'm going to today has the Hawk to demo so I'm going to hit it. TC sounds like the driver spot has been filled

I like the smoky thing on the bottom.

From the iPhone.

hahah....I actually do too. I thought it was sand at first, then I realized it was a design

hahah....I actually do too. I thought it was sand at first, then I realized it was a design

Maybe the bottom of the driver is clear, and they're copying the air force one and filling it with some sort of smoky gas!

Or maybe it's just a wicked cool design and the best looking cally driver to date.

From the iPhone.

makes you think that you're swinging a natural element from the earth which is kinda cool

Maybe the bottom of the driver is clear, and they're copying the air force one and filling it with some sort of smoky gas!

Or maybe it's just a wicked cool design and the best looking cally driver to date.

From the iPhone.

I would have to agree there.....it prob is one of the best looking to date

I got to hit the Razr Hawk Tour twice the past week, yesterday at my courses' Callaway demo day, I went on the monitor outside, and had some great numbers:
117mph Clubhead Speed
169mph Ball speed
Launch angle around 8-9 degrees, couldnt remember spin rates though
This driver is no doubt the top of my list this year, was able to hit the R11, new Cleveland drivers, and this one blew them all away for me!

I got to hit the Razr Hawk Tour twice the past week, yesterday at my courses' Callaway demo day, I went on the monitor outside, and had some great numbers:
117mph Clubhead Speed
169mph Ball speed
Launch angle around 8-9 degrees, couldnt remember spin rates though
This driver is no doubt the top of my list this year, was able to hit the R11, new Cleveland drivers, and this one blew them all away for me!

Geez, those are some wicked #'s right there. I know my SS is no where near yours and this driver was very long for me. I bet you were hitting it a long way.

Back