Callaway RAZR Hawk & Octane Drivers Explained

I for one would love to see the RAZR Hawk numbers with the stock shaft and then with a Miyazaki in it. And then have it available at the outing outfitted with both shafts.

Razr Hawk!!! I'm gonna get my RH on soon!

Right Handed? Its about time.

Does that mean I can replace Jake as an Equipment Tester?

RH = Razr Hawk

Correction: RH = Ryan H

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Correction: RH = Ryan H

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Yes! I can't wait to get my Ryan Hawk on soon! May's a long time away. lol

ok, enough of that weirdness, I'm ready to get my hands on a Razr Hawk.

Yes! I can't wait to get my Ryan Hawk on soon! May's a long time away. lol

ok, enough of that weirdness, I'm ready to get my hands on a Razr Hawk.

me too! especially since that video we saw earlier comparing that to the R11. I mean, 16 more yards would be great. haha

mmm, Razr Hawk .... how I want to try thee.

Me too CT. I saw this up close and they look so much better than I would've thought. Razr Hawk name just did not do anything for me. I just had a mental block for these clubs until Saturday. They look very tempting. Just that name really bugs me.

mmm, Razr Hawk .... how I want to try thee.

Me too CT. I saw this up close and they look so much better than I would've thought. Razr Hawk name just did not do anything for me. I just had a mental block for these clubs until Saturday. They look very tempting. Just that name really bugs me.

It bugs me too man, but two wins in a row, performance over paint!, I'm seriously interested.

Seriously. Haha, but yeah I agree. I loved my Big Bertha and Great Big Bertha. Time to give them another shot. The Octane just didnt do it for me in the least. Hoping these are better.

It bugs me too man, but two wins in a row, performance over paint!, I'm seriously interested.

Oh look what I returned my R11 for:

a68909b5-31a2-1366.jpg

a68909b5-31c6-90a0.jpg

To be fair, I love the way the R11 looks much more. The white head an shape of the head fit my eye perfectly. Unfortunately, it's not the right driver performance wise for me.

did you hit the R11 prior to purchasing it?
Oh look what I returned my R11 for:

a68909b5-31a2-1366.jpg

a68909b5-31c6-90a0.jpg

To be fair, I love the way the R11 looks much more. The white head an shape of the head fit my eye perfectly. Unfortunately, it's not the right driver performance wise for me.

did you hit the R11 prior to purchasing it?

Yes. While I liked it, and it performed better than my supertri, I was slightly concerned with the face size and forgiveness on mishits (probably for no good reason). It was harsh on mishits, but the sound was actually nice compared to my supertri. So the next day I went back in and hit a 910D2 to see if perhaps I made the wrong choice with the R11. The 910 really did not do it for me at all. My ball speeds were faster with the R11 and I could not STAND the head shape of the 910. The 910 did not feel as harsh on mishits though.

SO that brings us to today. I called today just to see if they would be getting the RH anytime soon. I was told they had my loft and flex in LH. Of course I couldn't miss the opportunity to hit this bad boy that you guys seem to be raving about. This thing is a CANNON! It sounds great and feels great pretty much no matter where you hit it. The ball speed was noticeably faster. In fact, all of the employees at the store said they were experiencing the same thing and were extremely impressed (the same guys who were raving over the R11).

Man that is one good looking club. I dunno, I think I much prefer the tech over the paint. As far as looks are concerned at least.

It's tough though! I absolutely LOVE the way the R11 looks. I hope that the white heads stick around so perhaps I'll pick one up again in the future. I am still looking to replace my 3 wood, and hybridize my 5 wood and 3 iron slots. Even though you guys like the mashie, I'm very much considering the TM Rescue 11 and the SF2.0 rescue. I wouldn't mind a matching 3 wood as well.

This was a really enjoyable radio show and loved the banter back and forth between you two. The dog walking part was classic, I should try that one.

This was a really enjoyable radio show and loved the banter back and forth between you two. The dog walking part was classic, I should try that one.

Glad you liked it. It was a fun show that has some great information.

JB- Is the Razr Hawk getting another look this weekend for your rounds?

JB- Is the Razr Hawk getting another look this weekend for your rounds?

I am reviewing another club, so probably not this week. But I think a few golfers will be trying it out this weekend.

Nice show, I like the information I got out of it.

Hit it today. It feels much more soft and muted than my SuperTri. I have the draw version which definitely has taken away the sweeping slice to the left for me. I was hitting nice little cuts and dead straight. My swing was a bit off with my driver (probably because I had been swinging for around two hours by the time I went to the driver).

What I noticed is that it is really forgiving. Even on my bad hits on the heel I was getting really fair carry. Shots off the sweet spot didn't feel harsh and the sound was pretty consistent across the board. I have to say that I am happy that I returned my R11 and when with this puppy.

Even thought I just got my Diablo Edge this year I'm looking forward to testing this in May at the outing. Nobody around here has a launch monitor that I've found so I'm curious just how "fit" I was with my current driver.

Back