WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

at least we got to see the top player in the world for a bit...

speaking of course of martin kaymer who is just destroying his competition. BTW fowler had to get a haircut

This is match play,never concede that putt Thomas.Maybe he didn't want Tiger to get pumped up from hitting the par putt,LOL.

The only explanation i can think of, and i'm reaching here, is that bjorn thought it was gimmie putt (uphill no break, i can't really see in standard def, too blury) and he doesn't want tiger and his poor putting getting any more practice, gaining any confidence by holing anything.

that said i'm grasping at straws, i had no faith that tiger was going to make that, i think it was dumb for bjorn to give it to him.

But it is match play, so they can practice anyway.

Two nice shots there

for anybody interested, here is a pdf file of the course layout, hole by hole with yardages of the Ritz Carlton golf club. It features all 27 holes of the Ritz course, as i stated earlier i believe today they're playing Saguaro on the front nine, and they're absolutely playing tortolita as the back nine.

If Fowler loses that means the Hogan Bracket had 5 upsets out of 8 matches. By upsets I purely mean the lower seed beating the higher seeds. Did anyone aniticapate this many upsets?

Kaymer is rocking it; did you see that bunker shot? Convincing win!

and they're absolutely playing tortolita as the back nine.

I love tortillas. They are great in all kinds of food.

Whoops, wrong thread...hehe

But it is match play, so they can practice anyway.

i was grasping. other than trying to keep tiger's confidence down by not letting him make a 3 footer, i don't know why he conceded.

Kaymer is a machine

he did have probably the easiest opponent of the day but yes kaymer wouldve probably beat anyone today just maybe not in 11

seems like every one of tiger's putts has burned the high side edge. It's as though he's aiming his putts to die in on the high side, but rolling them at a speed like he wants bang them in center cup

seems like every one of tiger's putts has burned the high side edge. It's as though he's aiming his putts to die in on the high side, but rolling them at a speed like he wants bang them in center cup
never up never in. that would be crushing to leave em short.

I'm surprised TB has taken TW this far...

YEAH barring enormous collapse he beat tw. gotta figure your in the fairway off the tee on 18 bjorn pars it 9 out of 10 times... guess we will see in a min

wow bjorn, wow

dont worry bjorn, tiger will close the window as he steps through.

edit: BITE BITE bite.....
Bjorn the last "bite" was quieter cuz tiger just closed the window YOU left open.

Paddy out in the first round very sad.Congrats to Ogilvy for a fine match.

nice shot by tiger...let see if he makes a putt

WOW! Bjorn in the bunker and tiger somehow manages to stay on the right level of the green. Some show this match is.

Bjorn is going to give it to Tiger. Paddy was a dumb pick my me too.

haha "LEts see if Tiger concedes this Putt"

The Tv guy made a funny

Great bunker shot by Bjorn. Didn't expect that. Tiger will miss.

Last edited:
Back