WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Thanks. I had to turn down my taco meat and missed the tee shot. I got home in time to see him miss the putts on 16 and 17. When he hit the putt on 18 I expected it to miss. Is anyone else at the point when they see Tiger hit a putt, they expect it to miss instead of go in?
Then he mentioned in the post round interview that he hit two terrible chips. It's bizarre how his short game has completely left him. Makes me wonder.

Kevin

I was at that point during the Chevron

I don't know if you can call him "done", how long did the other two swing changes take to take hold? a couple of years? I guess it's moot, there are a lot of excuses the pro tiger camp can come out with to defend him and have hope that he'll return. Likewise there are just as many reasons and evidence for the anti-tiger crowd to say "throw in the towl mic, he's finished".

At this point he's as inconsistant and lost as everybody else and he's "done" unless (or until) he wins some majors and proves that he isn't. Nothing has really changed

I'm surprised at how long this "swing change" is taking to come around. Zach Johnson is making quite a comeback.
We need the Iowa boy to survive! I'm in my yellow Hawkeye sweatshirt just for Zach....c'mon buddy!

I'm surprised at how long this "swing change" is taking to come around. Zach Johnson is making quite a comeback.

That's because its not the swing change. He has no confidence in his game anymore. Hard to fix something when your hitting it allover the place. I don't know if he can find it at this point. I do think that if he can get to the winners circle SOON he can turn things around. If not, anyone remember David Duval..........

We need the Iowa boy to survive! I'm in my yellow Hawkeye sweatshirt just for Zach....c'mon buddy!

Dont lie. We all you are wearing your red shirt and black pants and have a big foam finger that says TW on it. Since its TW, it would be the middle finger, but we all know its true.

Dont lie. We all you are wearing your red shirt and black pants and have a big foam finger that says TW on it. Since its TW, it would be the middle finger, but we all know its true.

it's the only number 1 he has left

Who gets their putting stroke back first? TW or Stricker?

TW has been struggling longer with it I think, but the last 3-4 weeks, Stricker is not even close. I mean near yips, not even close. We watched last week him miss by 3 and 4 feet left and right and that continued today including missing short putts.

I would like to see Strick get it back, but as one of our members says a lot, you dont just get the putting stroke back.

I had that on but the second he p!ssed his match away I pulled a quick change. :banghead:

I was in solo first at one point. The only person who has fallen harder from number one than me is tiger himself.

From the iPhone.

Did Tiger lose?

What a dominant 2011 so far! He has to be the odds on favorite at Augusta. Sean Foley sucks.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Did Tiger lose?

What a dominant 2011 so far! He has to be the odds on favorite at Augusta. Sean Foley sucks.

YOU suck. Wait...I'm sorry, you don't suck. Tiger sucks, TC doesn't suck.

I mean think about it. You've dominated the game for a long time, won 14 majors, 80+ tournaments, made every important putt you needed to make...and now you struggle to make cuts, can't find fairways, have trouble making putts. Welcome to golf.

What would it be?

Short game and putting.

Who gets their putting stroke back first? TW or Stricker?

TW has been struggling longer with it I think, but the last 3-4 weeks, Stricker is not even close. I mean near yips, not even close. We watched last week him miss by 3 and 4 feet left and right and that continued today including missing short putts.

I would like to see Strick get it back, but as one of our members says a lot, you dont just get the putting stroke back.

I assume you mean me. It wouldn't surprise me to see Stricker's struggles continue. He's not a kid and at his age when the stroke goes there's a good chance it's gone for good.

The way Tiger has lost his surprises me more because he's younger. His inability to make a putt when he needs it is exacerbating his trouble striking the ball. He doesn't believe he can get it in the hole to save par. He looked like a mess in that interview, but you know what, that's might be the only time I've heard him almost say he sucked.

Maybe he needs to hit rock bottom.

Kevin

YOU suck. Wait...I'm sorry, you don't suck. Tiger sucks, TC doesn't suck.

I do suck. No one likes the guy who's always right. I do feel for you dude, as I know how much of a Tiger fan you are. He's just not got it. He's gonna struggle.

I mean think about it. You've dominated the game for a long time, won 14 majors, 80+ tournaments, made every important putt you needed to make...and now you struggle to make cuts, can't find fairways, have trouble making putts. Welcome to golf.
Amen to that.

How low will he go? He's losing OWGR points like crazy each passing week so how low will he fall in the ranking before we see him start climbing again? Lee Westwood dropped to 300 something and made an amazing comeback. Duval was just 1 spot ahead of me at one point and he's starting to come back here and there. So how low will he go? Outside top 20? 30? 50? Hard telling.

I'm right there with you p4b. Really wanting him to turn this mess around........

Amen to that.

How low will he go? He's losing OWGR points like crazy each passing week so how low will he fall in the ranking before we see him start climbing again? Lee Westwood dropped to 300 something and made an amazing comeback. Duval was just 1 spot ahead of me at one point and he's starting to come back here and there. So how low will he go? Outside top 20? 30? 50? Hard telling.

It's hard to imagine he would keep playing if he fell that far. Hell, I'm a hater and I don't believe he'll get that bad. I could see him as a win every couple years kind of player, though. Somewhere in the top 30 o 40.

Kevin

Thats how I see it too. I think he could carry momentum and put the pressure on like no other, but as for grinding out a score to keep him in the game he just doesn't seem to have it lately. Great golf phenom but not a steady grinder like some.

I do suck. No one likes the guy who's always right. I do feel for you dude, as I know how much of a Tiger fan you are. He's just not got it. He's gonna struggle.

That's OK captain sweatband! I still have Duke!

That's OK captain sweatband! I still have Duke!

And with Kyrie hurt - he'll most definitely be back next year and won't try to declare!

Well at least IP finally has something in common with TW now.

Back from watching Wednesday's matches at the Accenture. One comment to start off: These guys ARE good!

I spent a lot of time watching the world's best hit balls on the range:
--Tiger/Mahan/O'hair all hitting next to each other with Foley pacing behind each. He took some photos of Tiger's finish and they studied them. Foley does seem to have Tiger's attention (right or wrong). On the range Tiger still hits it great. It did not work out so well under pressure against Bjorn today though -- Goodbye Tiger.
--Phil walked by Tiger on his way to the other end of the range. Tiger was 10 yards in front of me. Phil said "Hi Tiger". Tiger said "Hey Phil" and that was it. Harmon then left Dustin Johnson to go watch over Phil. I like Phil to win it all this week. Short game is a premium and he is one of the best. And he kills the ball.
--Bubba and Mark Wilson (Ping guys) warmed up next to each other and talked/laughed the whole time. Mark was crushing a Ping 3 wood and Bubba said "Man, I hit my 5 iron that far!". And he probably does.

By the way JB Holmes hit one 399 and a couple over 370. They have big electronic signs on the holes with that show the longest drives of the day. The course is playing fast, greens very fast. It is in immaculate shape. There are many false fronts so a bounce can result in good or bad outcomes. It was pretty windy today but it does not seem to bother these guys all that much.

Other's to watch may be Ricky (although he was up and down) and McDowell. Poulter was not happy after Cink beat him. Going back again tomorrow and then watching on TV the rest of the week.

Did anyone see the tweet Westwood sent out? It said - "If anyone wanted to know, I won 3/2. Thanks Golf Channel !

Back