Got me some new irons - Wilson lovers, Blade haters, come on in!

awesome looking sticks buddy, i wish i had the game to play them. im sure with a little tweak they will be perfect for you.
when i had my Di7's i tested the TW6's and they were pretty damn good so i can only imagine that the newer version are better.

your welcome to come up and play at windyhill for some practice one week and i can ogle them in the flesh :)

Good report, I feel confident that Wilson will take good care of you when you visit Wednesday, keep us posted.

Thought I'd drag this one up again with an update.

Had a chance to take these round the course, and put some practice in. They feel lovely. As suspected, everything I hit with them is a slight draw. Predictable, but not perfect!

So, a quick word with my friendly pro, a phone call later - I've got an appointment at the Wilson factory next Wednesday for a custom fitting session!
Looking forward to this. I'm pretty sure I'll just need them bent +1 degree upright, which they should be able to do while I wait (and hit all their new clubs) :D
Nice! Good luck with that and let us know how it turns out!

So far my bad shot with them has been a bit of a balloon, which I've never hit with the Mizunos. I'm confident that this will improve as I get some practice time under my belt though, and I really do like these irons.

That is my shot with the G5s, but I'm pretty sure that was due more to the shaft in them rather than the clubhead. Now I'm looking for a smaller compact head again, but it will probably be another whole season with the Mizunos and find something for next year. This year is year to concentrate on wedges, and I see that you are sporting the Tw9s, which you've mentioned before. I'm looking at those and I think the CG14s since I can only get the cg12s in chrome, and I don't like chrome wedges.

Keep us updated on how the trip to Wilson goes. I would love to live somewhere even remotely close to a manufacturer so i could go in and get fit byt the company that makes the irons.

Those stix look amazing.

Those are some very pretty blades!

I've always loved the look of a well-made blade, but trying to hit them on the course usually leaves me with numb hands within 9 holes from all the mis-hits! :beat-up:

Those are beautiful. They look s good deal like the Miura Tourneys only with a different finish. They may even be a little smaller than the Miura Tourneys and a little larger than the baby blades. Very nice. Enjoy them.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I need to go out and prove they work this season!

awesome looking sticks buddy, i wish i had the game to play them. im sure with a little tweak they will be perfect for you.
when i had my Di7's i tested the TW6's and they were pretty damn good so i can only imagine that the newer version are better.

your welcome to come up and play at windyhill for some practice one week and i can ogle them in the flesh :)

They TW9s feel nice so far. I'm confident that they'll help my ailing short game! No way you'd get away with just looking at them, you'll need to hit them too. We should arrange our THP (Scotland Division) mini-outing, and play each other's courses! Can't promise many awesome prizes though! :D

That is my shot with the G5s, but I'm pretty sure that was due more to the shaft in them rather than the clubhead. Now I'm looking for a smaller compact head again, but it will probably be another whole season with the Mizunos and find something for next year. This year is year to concentrate on wedges, and I see that you are sporting the Tw9s, which you've mentioned before. I'm looking at those and I think the CG14s since I can only get the cg12s in chrome, and I don't like chrome wedges.

Keep us updated on how the trip to Wilson goes. I would love to live somewhere even remotely close to a manufacturer so i could go in and get fit byt the company that makes the irons.

If you can get the tw9s for a good price, then I don't think you can go wrong. Put the difference into the new irons fund and wait for the bargains next season!
I was unaware that Wilson did custom fitting at their factory here, as they produce a lot of different sporting equipment at it. Thought it was just a manufacturing site, primarily for snow gear!

I didn't even know Wilson did snow gear. Must be an eurpoean thing, but, I'm not much into winter sports either.

Really nice looking sticks paulo..........now if I only had enough game to put those in play..........

We should arrange our THP (Scotland Division) mini-outing, and play each other's courses! Can't promise many awesome prizes though! :D!

sounds like a plan, loser buys lunch ;) we are back on normal tees from the 12th so i wont feel bad taking strokes off you LOL :)

Congratulations! Nice set. Sweet blades. You are not alone, 4 years ago I passed on a set of cavity backs and got a real deal on a set of Nike forged blases [ the swoosh] and have never looked back...when you pure them there's no better feeling and hitting a nice soft fade or a high draw can almost make the memory of a recent three-putt go away.
Good for you. Show 'em off.

I'll be showing them off before the round....but after it depends on my score! I do like playing the high draw the times I mean it! :wink:

sounds like a plan, loser buys lunch ;) we are back on normal tees from the 12th so i wont feel bad taking strokes off you LOL :)

I'll still try to negotiate giving away less though! Not sure when we'll be back to the normal tees, but I'm guessing April. We should get it done though, could use a free lunch :wink:

Learn something new everyday, don't you? I had never heard of Amersports, but now I know. thanks!

I wasn't aware of them either tbh. I knew Wilson and Salomon had the same parent company, but I had to google it when looking for their factory!

I'll be showing them off before the round....but after it depends on my score! I do like playing the high draw the times I mean it! :wink:

I'll still try to negotiate giving away less though! Not sure when we'll be back to the normal tees, but I'm guessing April. We should get it done though, could use a free lunch :wink:

I wasn't aware of them either tbh. I knew Wilson and Salomon had the same parent company, but I had to google it when looking for their factory!
Not to change the subject but what's your weather like this time of year. I'm in New England and we still have a lot of snow on the ground. Are you able to give these clubs a proper go around?

Those clubs are gorgeous. I love the look of them. (I can't hit those, but I enjoy looking at other peoples beautiful blades).

Not to change the subject but what's your weather like this time of year. I'm in New England and we still have a lot of snow on the ground. Are you able to give these clubs a proper go around?

It's....unpredictable at best! This week has been pretty good, and hopefully the coldest is behind us (we had quite a severe spell this winter. It's about 45 degrees and showery the last couple of weeks, so I can get out with a bit of luck. Won't be able to play off the proper tees and from the middle of the fairways until at least April though.

It's....unpredictable at best! This week has been pretty good, and hopefully the coldest is behind us (we had quite a severe spell this winter. It's about 45 degrees and showery the last couple of weeks, so I can get out with a bit of luck. Won't be able to play off the proper tees and from the middle of the fairways until at least April though.
Sounds like us. Great looking clubs and good luck with them...and the weather. :)

We should get it done though, could use a free lunch :wink:

haha, 2 free lunches probably.. pencil in May/ june time when the weather picks up

haha, 2 free lunches probably.. pencil in May/ june time when the weather picks up

If we can pick the 2 dry days, I'm up for it!

So, went for my fitting today. It was fun and informative. Andy (fitter), was pretty good and was happy to offer some advice on what he was seeing. I wasn't swinging particularly well either! After looking at a good few shots, my dispersion wasn't too bad, but I was tending to pull everything. The toe of the club was impacting first, but we decided, after looking at a few shots and trying a few adjusted swings....the clubs were fine....my swing was not!
The bottom line - no adjustment to the clubs needed. Just some practice time, and I'm going to get that tomorrow, along with another set of eyes on my swing and alignment just to fine tune.

Had the sticks out for 10 holes today and they still feel nice!

Back