Got me some new irons - Wilson lovers, Blade haters, come on in!

the_paulo

Euro target practice
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.5
So, I've been looking at renewing my irons for as long as I care to remember, but just couldn't find a set that felt as good to me as my Mizuno Pros.

It got to the stage that the shafts on my irons just didn't suit my swing, and the irons are old, so I needed new ones. Been through a fitting at the Mizuno custom fitting centre, and really liked the MP68s. They spoke to me!

I decided to put some cash away and order them in a month or 2. BUT, I just stumbled upon (and negotiated) a cracking deal from my club's pro. Took a couple of these irons out for a spin and I hit every single thing straight, and long. They were so pretty, at an unbelievable price, that I had to have them.

Just need to get them bent 1 degree up, and they'll be fit for me. They're Wilson fg59 limited edition.

Gimme some opinions then. Who thinks I'm daft for buying these instead of a cavity with some forgiveness? :D

06022011995.jpg

06022011990.jpg

06022011997.jpg

06022011992.jpg

2011-02-06155514.jpg

They are beauties. Learned a lot about them meeting with Wilson a couple of weeks ago and why they made them. Have a video coming up about them too. My laptop is also forged and it is soft and buttery, so I know these will be too. :alien:

Man, those are beautiful. If you hit them really good and got a good deal on them what's the problem? I love my Mizzy's but I would never decide to buy simply on brand name, a fitting can lead you to anything. Hitting a club long and straight and keeping money in your pocket are a hard combination to beat. WTG.

Last edited:
Beauties!

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Those look sweeeet, great buy!

Very nice set of sticks there paulo , and if they feel good and you hit them well , then thats all you need ! :thumb:

Those are some sexy clubs man, congrats

Those are sweet The_Paulo. Congrats!

those are great looking paulo

Way too much offset for me. How do you not hook those off the planet? If you're gonna get serious paulo, it's Scratch or nothing. Cheap Wilson Staff stuff, where did you get them, Wal-Mart?

Nah, they look great pal. I'm glad you settled on a set and I'm sure they'll treat you well. But deep down, I know you went that route b/c you're a Paddy homer!

Stunning! You are obviously a serious golfer. Did you go with the half and half shafts?? lol in all seriousness they are just gorgeous irons and hope they treat you well.

Very nice.

Great looking irons. I did not get a chance to hit these, but hit some of the other offerings from Wilson and I walked away impressed. They are making some nice products. I hope they are good to you.

Those are some sweet looking butter knives. I always give Wilson a try when I go out to hit new clubs. I grew up on them.

Truly beautiful! If you have the game to hit blades and enjoy doing so, then why not hit blades ya know? I love the look of those irons and being in love with your clubs helps your game out I firmly believe. I am jealous right now.

Thanks guys. I'm really liking the look of these, and I hit them sweet, so far!

They are beauties. Learned a lot about them meeting with Wilson a couple of weeks ago and why they made them. Have a video coming up about them too. My laptop is also forged and it is soft and buttery, so I know these will be too. :alien:

oh yeah, you know I wouldn't dare game an iron I couldn't also use to spread the warm butter on my morning crumpet, old chap! Got a small cut on my index finger just thinking about the top line. :D

Way too much offset for me. How do you not hook those off the planet? If you're gonna get serious paulo, it's Scratch or nothing. Cheap Wilson Staff stuff, where did you get them, Wal-Mart?

Nah, they look great pal. I'm glad you settled on a set and I'm sure they'll treat you well. But deep down, I know you went that route b/c you're a Paddy homer!

haha, ok you got me! It was the pic of Paddy on the box that sold them. I would've paid double for that! Never heard of Wilson before, but I might put them on the map with this purchase :wink:

I've always loved the look of those irons, stunning. If you hit them well then you are a lucky man with a beautiful set of golf club, congrats on the purchase.

Congrats on the new toys Paulo!

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your purchase!

Who thinks I'm daft for buying these instead of a cavity with some forgiveness? :D
]

I think you can handle them considering you're a 5 hdcp. I'm borderline jealous- I'd love to be able to handle something like those, but probably not in this lifetime.

Sweet sticks paulo, beautiful. I'm going the opposite direction, may even go sgi, lol.

Those are some very nice clubs! Congratulations!

They are absolutely gorgeous, one of the prettiest blades ever.

Those are some SAAAWEEET looking irons man, luv em. I have actually demoed them and, when hit correctly it was a feeling of pure joy. I just could not hit them correctly very often LOL, congrats tho i hope they treat you well.

Back