WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

The snow is melting fast. Should be ok by noon for the matches, but cold.

With the extra water from the snow, will they mow the greens today or let them run even slower than yesterday?

With the extra water from the snow, will they mow the greens today or let them run even slower than yesterday?

They gotta mow them today, they would be so slow it would be crazy not too.

Bubba just tweeted that there are no delays, he tees off at 12:05 local time

Bubba just tweeted that there are no delays, he tees off at 12:05 local time

Sweet the waiting has been killing me. I need to watch some golf since I can't play today.

Wait, why are bubba and kuchar still going to play? Thought if you lost you were done, I'm sure they don't want to play for 3rd and 4th place after all the golf they just played the last 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, why are bubba and kuchar still going to play? Thought if you lost you were done, I'm sure they don't want to play for 3rd and 4th place after all the golf they just played the last 4 days.

It's a consolation match.

The thinking is having two matches is better for TV and in person attendance. Hard to justify buying a ticket to watch two players (and the match could be over in less than 18 holes). They were saying on local TV last night that the match play will come back to Tucson next year. After that, no one knows. The "pampered" Accenture clients are getting tired of coming to stay in a brand new Ritz Carlton Resort.

The thinking is having two matches is better for TV and in person attendance. Hard to justify buying a ticket to watch two players (and the match could be over in less than 18 holes). They were saying on local TV last night that the match play will come back to Tucson next year. After that, no one knows. The "pampered" Accenture clients are getting tired of coming to stay in a brand new Ritz Carlton Resort.

Isn't the final 36 holes? Anyway it is good to have another match on the course.

The difference between 3rd and 4th is $110,000, so I'm sure they don't mind playing another match.

Final is only 18 this year.

The final DAY is usually 36 holes, but they played the two matches yesterday in expectation of a delay based on the forecast. Saturday is usually a light day of coverage but ended up being the most coverage with 2 sets of matches.

should have kept it at 36, imo.

500k watch, bubba's blingin'. Talk about a sunk cost, shoot I got a $10 watch from wal mart that looks like it costs $100 that i'd get erroneously complimented on all the time when i used to work in sales.

The final DAY is usually 36 holes, but they played the two matches yesterday in expectation of a delay based on the forecast. Saturday is usually a light day of coverage but ended up being the most coverage with 2 sets of matches.

Yep. That's what I was saying. Previous years the finals were 36 holes.

Erroneous information here. Ignore.

Last edited:
The finals are only ever 18 holes.

They used to play both the Semi's in the morning (18) and the Finals/Consolation in the afternoon (18 holes)
Knowing that they were going to have weather issues today they moved the Semi's to yesterday. They are still playing the same amount of golf they normally would be.

I'm pretty sure from 1999-2010 the finals were 36 holes.

You are right. I stand corrected.

They arn't teeing off till 12 noon. Yet coverage here begins at 11am. What are they gonna show for an hour?

They arn't teeing off till 12 noon. Yet coverage here begins at 11am. What are they gonna show for an hour?

Knowing the networks, Tiger Woods highlights.

Back