WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Doesn't appear to be so erroneous now...:alien2:

That was me editing out what I originally wrote there, which was erroneous.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but before Bubba/Kaymer went off for their match, Kaymer was on the putting green and they showed a video clip of bubba going over and making small talk with him. You couldn't hear anything that was said but it was pretty clear that attention was on the watch.

At the time, I thought it was some reference to the time, or a comment about how long the final 2 holes took... but now I know it was bubba showing off his bling.

Honestly, him having a piece of jewelry that expensive really rubs me the wrong way, esp when I consider the religious values he espouses.

I didn't think anything of it at the time, but before Bubba/Kaymer went off for their match, Kaymer was on the putting green and they showed a video clip of bubba going over and making small talk with him. You couldn't hear anything that was said but it was pretty clear that attention was on the watch.

At the time, I thought it was some reference to the time, or a comment about how long the final 2 holes took... but now I know it was bubba showing off his bling.

Honestly, him having a piece of jewelry that expensive really rubs me the wrong way, esp when I consider the religious values he espouses.

Not positive that it is really Bubba's. During the interview I saw yesterday, he mentioned the watch manufacturer and then said that they have a deal. Would be interesting to know the full story.

He really has a $500K watch? I thought that was just some bantering.

what time is the tee time for Kaymer/Donald today?

The company give these watches to athletes to wear to get their brand on TV. Nadal wears them also. I saw an interview with Nadal saying he would never spend that much on a watch, but he doesn't mind wearing it for free.

I was kinda surprised Bubba was given the watch to show off as well. Considering the target market. I would have expected Kaymer or Poulter to be wearing it. Certainly not a guy that goes by "Bubba". Kaymer seems like a good mannequin for that type of stuff. He sure is the perfect model for the Boss clothing. If an ultra rich saudi or a rap star - (only people I can imagine who would drop half a mil for a watch) could choose who he'd look like I'm guessing he'd take the Kaymer look over the Watson look. No offense intended but Bubba seems like a Timex guy. Like the old commercials from the 70's Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

2:20 p.m. ET

wait, so the consolation match is AFTER the final's match? Thats doesn't seem right to me. Are people even gonna stick around to see who finished 3rd once we've already crowned a champion? How funny would it be if after his round Bubba Watson couldn't get back into the locker room cuz the locker room guy went home already.

wait, so the consolation match is AFTER the final's match? Thats doesn't seem right to me. Are people even gonna stick around to see who finished 3rd once we've already crowned a champion? How funny would it be if after his round Bubba Watson couldn't get back into the locker room cuz the locker room guy went home already.
2:05 PM is the consolation match.

Course is in mountain timezone, 12:05 local is 2:05 EST

yup I figured it out. I keep forgetting Arizona is one of the few states that doesn't believe in Day Light savings.

Watching the coverage on NBC and just saw the 1 inch of snow that fell overnight. WOW - that is surprising for AZ. Great news is that it is basically all gone now!

Watching the coverage on NBC and just saw the 1 inch of snow that fell overnight. WOW - that is surprising for AZ. Great news is that it is basically all gone now!

We got the same thing here in Vegas. It snows hard for 2-3 hours. Melts away in less than a day.

Edit: Luke donald hasn't trailed once this week. That's an amazing stat.

what a shot by bubba at the par 5. I can't believe how soft that ball landed

Does it seem odd that the interviewers seem more interested in if these guys tweet than they are about their game?

Does it seem odd that the interviewers seem more interested in if these guys tweet than they are about their game?

They do have a background in media, so i guess it's understandable that things media related (such as social media) would be of greater interest to them

I like whatching Bubba Golf. He seems to be able to play all kinds of shots, not just straight down the middle. Makes the viewing a lot more interesting.

I like whatching Bubba Golf. He seems to be able to play all kinds of shots, not just straight down the middle. Makes the viewing a lot more interesting.
Yep, and he does it with his driver all the way down. Impressive for sure.

Back