The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a putting lesson that has changed my whole outlook on my golf life. I am rolling the ball better as a result of listening to one of our better putters and applying that wisdom. WOW I have not felt that consistency in my putting in years! Also something that John Deere said has made a drastic change in my iron game. It reminded me of how I struck the ball 7 years ago. I will send a PM to thank him personally and I never thought something so simple, could make such a HUGE difference.

With that said come March 17th I will be throwing my name into the Match Play Hat! I was not going to do it with the way I was putting and most importantly with the way I was striking the ball. I believe in myself now and have that confidence I have not had in a couple of years or so.

I received a putting lesson that has changed my whole outlook on my golf life. I am rolling the ball better as a result of listening to one of our better putters and applying that wisdom. WOW I have not felt that consistency in my putting in years! Also something that John Deere said has made a drastic change in my iron game. It reminded me of how I struck the ball 7 years ago. I will send a PM to thank him personally for something he said however I never thought something so simple, could make such a HUGE difference.

With that said come March 17th I will be throwing my name into the Match Play Hat! I was not going to do it with the way I was putting and most importantly with the way I was striking the ball. I believe in myself now and have that confidence I have not had in a couple of years or so.

AWESOME OLE GRAY! Love that you are going to try and get in, and would love to see you out there in some Callaway or TaylorMade custom overalls.

AWESOME OLE GRAY! Love that you are going to try and get in, and would love to see you out there in some Callaway or TaylorMade custom overalls.

haha CB you are too funny! Yep they will have to have custom overalls to set the tone for the matches. Maybe some red ones for Sunday to set the tone :D

Glad to hear it, Ole Gray. I was pretty surprised that you weren't considering it, to be honest. Your bride should, too. Too bad you won't get in, as the registration is March, 15th.

LOL. Good for you buddy.

Kevin

Great catch. Ole Gray, putting the Ole in Ole Gray.

Glad to hear it, Ole Gray. I was pretty surprised that you weren't considering it, to be honest. Your bride should, too. Too bad you won't get in, as the registration is March, 15th.

LOL. Good for you buddy.

Kevin

LOL. Good for you buddy.

Kevin

:thankyou: Kevin you always know the right thing to say at the right time :thumb:.. I will work on KellyBo submitting her name in the hat, as long as I don't have to play her :D. This Lady is hitting the ball very well and will be strong come August . With that said, it's going to be tough for anyone to get in with only 14 spots.

If you're lucky enough to get on one of the Morgan Cup squads, how will it change how you approach your Summer golf? Or your Summer in general?

Kevin
I would spend even more time working on the mental aspect of the game... Oh, and a few more sessions of short game.

I spent my 90 minute session today working on putting (about an hour) and then shots from 80 - 100 yards. I'm fortunate in that I have somewhere to practice that's literally a 2 minute drive.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Consider me jealous.

I received a putting lesson that has changed my whole outlook on my golf life. I am rolling the ball better as a result of listening to one of our better putters and applying that wisdom. WOW I have not felt that consistency in my putting in years! Also something that John Deere said has made a drastic change in my iron game. It reminded me of how I struck the ball 7 years ago. I will send a PM to thank him personally and I never thought something so simple, could make such a HUGE difference.

Good on you Gray! BTW what did JD say regarding your iron game?

Good on you Gray! BTW what did JD say regarding your iron game?

haha it was not actually a swing thought but an equipment change that made a huge difference. Well the equipment change and I figured out something about my ball position. I will let you think about that one for a bit.

haha it was not actually a swing thought but an equipment change that made a huge difference. Well the equipment change and I figured out something about my ball position. I will let you think about that one for a bit.
Aww shucks...I gotta think? I have an idea it might have something to do with irons that might be about seven years old, but who knows?

Aww shucks...I gotta think? I have an idea it might have something to do with irons that might be about seven years old, but who knows?

The real deal is now I have confidence that I can be an asset instead of a liability for either team Hacker or Paradise. Seven years old has got to be real close :D....

Guys lets make sure that we keep this to the Morgan Cup rather than swing tips and equipment changes. Obviously all the gear used in this event will be different than what is currently in ones bag.

KellyBo and I might come up to NC and let you test that short game in the next couple of months :D

Please keep this talk to the Morgan Cup. Thank you!!!!!

My next golf purchase will be a shag bag and a bunch of practice balls to use at one of the local courses. None of them really have a "short game" area so I may have to be creative how I work on my wedge play. Putting is another thing that I need to really work on. I am "close" but close wont cut it on the 18th to win a match.

If I make it into this event, I WILL be a solid single digit by august. Gotta rep the <80 rounds with pride on the line.
When the weather is nice I would take my shag bag to the course just before dawn and go to the practice area. I'd drop drop all the golf balls around the green, watch the sun rise, the mist rising off the pond, the dew on the grass and practice chipping from a variety of lies for about an hour or so. I then go to the pitching range and practice 20, 40, 60, and 80 yard pitch shots from a variety of lies. Then off to the putting green. Then the range to practice full swings for about twenty minutes.

ps: sorry JB...just saw your post

Gray, I'm glad that you've decided to throw your name into the hat for this event. It's going to be something special and I have no doubt that you'd be a valuable assett to either team.

Just heard from THP HQ and Captain biggsy and myself will be finding out at 7pm tonight, who we'll be sponsored by for the Morgan Cup. I hear that there will be some video coverage as well.

Stay tuned!

Just heard from THP HQ and Captain biggsy and myself will be finding out at 7pm tonight, who we'll be sponsored by for the Morgan Cup. I hear that there will be some video coverage as well.

Stay tuned!

I can't wait to find out who is with who, I can only imagine how your feeling.

Gray, I'm glad that you've decided to throw your name into the hat for this event. It's going to be something special and I have no doubt that you'd be a valuable assett to either team.

Thanks TC. It's the luck of the draw and I'm all for the most deserving to make the teams.

Stay tuned!

That won't be long now and these next 15 days of March are going to be crazy.

I can't wait to find out who is with who, I can only imagine how your feeling.

Feeling pretty excited. This is just one of the steps of many of this thing taking shape.

I can tell you this, I spent a lot of time online last night researching every offering from both companies, lol

Stay tuned!

This part has got to be nerve wracking! Everyone always has a line that they prefer, so deep down there's got to be a "hope" for each captain on which lineup they get to pick from for their gear. But at least in this case, it's two excellent OEM's! Can't wait to hear who has what in an hour. :smile:

go wheel of destiny!!!

Stay tuned!

All hail the Wheel of Destiny! Good luck.....go team Bushwood!

At 7pm EST, there will be 3 videos up showcasing the captains getting "selected".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back