WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

Is Luke using an R11 with a Mizuno headcover?

Is Luke using an R11 with a Mizuno headcover?

He's definitely playing the R11. This pic is from his match with Hoffman.

2011-02-23T193757Z_01_BTRE71M1IJC00_RTROPTP_3_OUKSP-UK-GOLF-PGA-MATCHPLAY.JPG

Looks like his fairways and maybe a hybrid in there with Mizuno covers. Have not seen the driver cover yet.

Yup its a Mizuno cover on the R11

His deal with Mizuno is only for 9 Clubs. The driver isn't mandatory. According to Darren Rovell.

Some of these fw's seem 40 acres wide, has Donald hit one yet?

It's like these announcers are getting paid $100 every time they say "clutch". Kinda overused today, when is a drive a clutch shot?

It's like these announcers are getting paid $100 every time they say "clutch". Kinda overused today, when is a drive a clutch shot?

IMO, driving the fairway is more critical here than the majority of courses just because if you are in the desert you have a good chance of having to take a drop as we have seen all week. Whereas most courses you can hit a shot from the rough, etc. Just my thoughts.....

Hey guys, fantasy golf scoring is all jacked up again, I've got an email into the administrator of the game and they'll get it sorted out.

IMO, driving the fairway is more critical here than the majority of courses just because if you are in the desert you have a good chance of having to take a drop as we have seen all week. Whereas most courses you can hit a shot from the rough, etc. Just my thoughts.....
important but it doesn't secure a score.

What a performance by Luke Donald. Thoroughly deserved his win, never looked in real trouble in any of his matches.

That was a dominate showing by Donald. Never had to play 18 even once this week. I think only had to play 17 once this week as well. a thorough beat down

Looks like Bubba does in fact own this watch. I find that interesting that he would splurge for something like this but I suppose he works hard for his money and can spend it on whatever he wants. It's pretty odd to me though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/d...the-half-million-dollar-watch?urn=golf-326791

I really have to wonder if he really paid that much for it? It seem's to be getting a ton of marketing, could have been a deal worked for him to wear it pretty cheaply, but just a guess.

I really enjoyed the matches today. They both played a different game and it was fun to watch.

I really have to wonder if he really paid that much for it? It seem's to be getting a ton of marketing, could have been a deal worked for him to wear it pretty cheaply, but just a guess.

Well, according to the article it's a similar watch to what Rafael Nadal wore. And while I'm not a huge tennis fan, Nadal is far larger as a global athlete than Bubba Watson. Who knows? It's just interesting.

Bubba tweeted a few weeks ago that he and R Mille had worked out a bag deal. I doubt he spent 525k on it. He normally wears Casio G-Shocks. That is an astronomical jump in price.

Well, according to the article it's a similar watch to what Rafael Nadal wore. And while I'm not a huge tennis fan, Nadal is far larger as a global athlete than Bubba Watson. Who knows? It's just interesting.

Yes it is and he very well could have bought it all himself, just tossing out idea's. I was pretty shocked when it came up, just didn't sound his style to me.

Yes it is and he very well could have bought it all himself, just tossing out idea's. I was pretty shocked when it came up, just didn't sound his style to me.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like his style but then again he does roll around in some pimp'd out Mercedes 4x4, so who knows.

Great playing by Luke Donald. Played six matches and never had to tee off on number 18, that's strong.

I could see Nadal doing it, but then he's like a gazillionaire, lol. I love watching him play.

There was a blurb on the Golf channl that said it was given to him by a sponsor.

Back