Miyazaki Shafts Demo Day Reviews THP Outing

On the strength of that ad - SOLD. Get me a bag fulla Miyazaki. :D

On the strength of that ad - SOLD. Get me a bag fulla Miyazaki. :D

A Miyazaki would take that shiny, new R9 of yours to a whole new level.

Sit tight for a little bit and their online fitting should be up and running.

JB, I checked the site but couldn't find their online fitting. Any update on this?

JB, I checked the site but couldn't find their online fitting. Any update on this?

Last I heard was it was in development, and that was a month or so ago.

Tap before talk.

hahaha, I'd love to! I would love to do some sort of golf video diaries or something. We had a blast making these videos and the best part is, I think you guys get a sense of that.

The Kusala black is my favorite shaft ever! I love that thing so much. I fooled around with the settings on my R9 and I really have it dialed in right now. Hopefully I get to get out on the course today with it.

a6898e5b-c938-301e.jpg

Take pity on us while you're out on the course.

Tap before talk.

Last I heard was it was in development, and that was a month or so ago.

Tap before talk.

Still working on it. Just heard from them that they put it through testing phase and need some tweaks.

You can always go to a fitter or get specs and someone will be able to assist.

Still working on it. Just heard from them that they put it through testing phase and need some tweaks.

You can always go to a fitter or get specs and someone will be able to assist.

Thanks JB, I'll have to check with my local guy and see if he can match me up!

A Miyazaki would take that shiny, new R9 of yours to a whole new level.

You just pick the littlest glimmer of an idea in my head and exploit it, you bad bad man! :D

Does anyone know a Miyazaki shaft that will compare to the UST V2 shaft. I am trying to get my spin down with a mid to lower launch. I can tell you I can not stand the feel or launch conditions of the RIP shafts so I do not want anything that compares to that. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ted

Does anyone know a Miyazaki shaft that will compare to the UST V2 shaft. I am trying to get my spin down with a mid to lower launch. I can tell you I can not stand the feel or launch conditions of the RIP shafts so I do not want anything that compares to that. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Ted

I've not hit the V2, but the kusala black will offer a low to mid launch and I can promise you that the Miyazaki feels much softer than the RIP, at least to me. I found the RIP to be quite "boardy" compared to my kusala.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Thanks,
Ted

Can you provide some launch numbers? With those I might be able to provide some decent info.

TC, that is what I hate about the RIP, no feeling and definitely feels boardy to me. JB, my launch angle is around 13*, 103-106 swing speed with around 3100 spin. I want to try to cut my spin down but with more down range carry. Trackman has me carrying the ball around 255-260 but I do not get a lot of roll.

JB, posted some numbers...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ted

TC, that is what I hate about the RIP, no feeling and definitely feels boardy to me. JB, my launch angle is around 13*, 103-106 swing speed with around 3100 spin. I want to try to cut my spin down but with more down range carry. Trackman has me carrying the ball around 255-260 but I do not get a lot of roll.

I would definitely take a look at the kusala black if possible. I would also strongly take a look at the c.kua line in 59 if we can get a flex code.

Last thing I would do is tell you that your numbers are not far off at all, and something easy could fix all of this. Have you ever been ball fit?

JB, yes I was ball fit last summer at my club. My best numbers were with the Pro V1x. My spin rates seem better on the range and course then they are on the launch monitor in doors using a rubber tee. Outdoors with the launch monitor last year my spin rates were around 2800 which seems about right so I'm not sure.

I have three drivers now and play the FT Tour with a V2 and would like to get my other FT Tour with a lower spin shaft as well as I picked up a new Razr Hawk Tour that I would like to get shafted as well with something lower spinning than the RIP. I don't know why but that shaft does not fit my game at all and I seem to get way too much spin with them then others.

Thanks,
Ted

JB, yes I was ball fit last summer at my club. My best numbers were with the Pro V1x. My spin rates seem better on the range and course then they are on the launch monitor in doors using a rubber tee. Outdoors with the launch monitor last year my spin rates were around 2800 which seems about right so I'm not sure.

I have three drivers now and play the FT Tour with a V2 and would like to get my other FT Tour with a lower spin shaft as well as I picked up a new Razr Hawk Tour that I would like to get shafted as well with something lower spinning than the RIP. I don't know why but that shaft does not fit my game at all and I seem to get way too much spin with them then others.

Thanks,
Ted

When you were ball fit were all brands or other brands used or just one brand? The reason I ask is that I JUST saw someone in almost the exact same situation switch balls (not to a lesser ball by any means) and get the spin down even further and no changes were needed.

When you were ball fit were all brands or other brands used or just one brand? The reason I ask is that I JUST saw someone in almost the exact same situation switch balls (not to a lesser ball by any means) and get the spin down even further and no changes were needed.

JB, I struggle to keep spin down with my driver as well. What ball are you referring to?

JB, I struggle to keep spin down with my driver as well. What ball are you referring to?

Depends on the person. We watched setho come down 900 rpms by switching from Srixon to Bridgestone B330 RXS. I saw someone else switch from Nike to Pro V1x and come down. I think ball fitting is a MAJOR thing being overlooked.

JB, I was going through the Bridgestone Ball Fitting a tried out the Pro V1x, the Pro V1, the Bridgestone B330S and the best numbers were with the 1x. I would like to try it out again with the 330 and see how they compare.

JB, I was going through the Bridgestone Ball Fitting a tried out the Pro V1x, the Pro V1, the Bridgestone B330S and the best numbers were with the 1x. I would like to try it out again with the 330 and see how they compare.

You should try the Tour B330. You and I have very similar static numbers (swing speed, launch angle, spin rpm's) and the Tour B330 brought my spin #'s down significantly but also my launch angle a bit more than I liked. I ended up with the B330 RX, and I'm seeing about a 14.5* launch angle, and an average of around 3100 rpms off my driver. It's a good combo. And at least with the RX, I feel like I can compress it a bit more than the Tour B330. Food for thought.

I also think that you shoud demo the Kusala Black asap. If you ever find yourself heading west hit me up, I'd be more than glad to let you try my Miyazaki.

Back