Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Just saw this pic on Callaway's facebook page. Ah does it bring back memories!!!

185984_10150403137355640_125952115639_17286379_6292533_n.jpg
That's a great shot, course is in magnificent shape.

I remember that hole like I played it this afternoon. I was so nervous teeing it up, I was so thankful I was in the last group on the course with 9-iron and Danilo whom I had been hanging out with for a couple days already since we all arrived early. It is amazing how much my game has improved in the last year, mostly mentally which is helping me bring down my scores. I recall I got a par on that first hole and I was jumping for joy on the inside. I know it might not be a big deal for alot of you, I am sure many got par or better on that hole. But for me, I was at that point a golfer who shoots notmally 40+ strokes over par and I just scored a par on the first hole at the Champions course where the PGA players have a yearly tournament. I will never forget how great that felt, or how much my butt was kicked on the next 17 holes, esepcially the Bear Trap. Champion Course, I am comming for my revenge!!!

How many golf balls will you be bringing to the outing? How many balls will you be leaving with?

I expect to have 2-3 cases in my bag when I head to Florida, especially since Bridgestone is stepping up big time and offering a case of their choice to all those attending. :good:

What is so special about the "Ibar"?

I thought you hardcore golfers would be spending minute of the outing on the course or at the range or watching the golf fix in your room not sitting in a bar drinking Shirley Temples.

A place to be with the people that make these trips worth their weight in gold.

How many golf balls did you bring to the outing? How many balls did you be leave with?

I brought a dozen I think and left with 6.

I expect to have 2-3 cases in my bag when I head to Florida, especially since Bridgestone is stepping up big time and offering a case of their choice to all those attending. :good:

I think you mean dozen. A case would be nice, but that is a whole lot of golf balls.

A place to be with the people that make these trips worth their weight in gold.

I think you mean dozen. A case would be nice, but that is a whole lot of golf balls.

Both correct, the times at the IBar meant as much to me as the great golf or the demo day.

And yes I meant dozen, never know with the wind, probably wont use them all like last year but it does not hurt bringing back-up.

I can garauntee that most of us will spend our time from sun up to sun down outside, but when it's time for night time festivities, the I bar brings it like no other, well, hawk and duey dancing is a pretty close 2nd.

I can garauntee that most of us will spend our time from sun up to sun down outside, but when it's time for night time festivities, the I bar brings it like no other, well, hawk and duey dancing is a pretty close 2nd.

Dont forget the banquet room for the THP Dinner.

Did anyone see the interview with Westooth about Rory on the morning drive? I can almost guarantee I know where he was sitting.

Isn't it amazing all the things a person can learn at the Ibar? I can dance now.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I remember that hole like I played it this afternoon. I was so nervous teeing it up, I was so thankful I was in the last group on the course with 9-iron and Danilo whom I had been hanging out with for a couple days already since we all arrived early. It is amazing how much my game has improved in the last year, mostly mentally which is helping me bring down my scores. I recall I got a par on that first hole and I was jumping for joy on the inside. I know it might not be a big deal for alot of you, I am sure many got par or better on that hole. But for me, I was at that point a golfer who shoots notmally 40+ strokes over par and I just scored a par on the first hole at the Champions course where the PGA players have a yearly tournament. I will never forget how great that felt, or how much my butt was kicked on the next 17 holes, esepcially the Bear Trap. Champion Course, I am comming for my revenge!!!

Dude, I walked away from the hole with a bogey and was jumping for joy! Too bad the feeling left after my tee shot on number 2.... hehe oh well!

I'm really glad we get the opportunity to tackle that course together again. It'll be an awesome round! Hopefully I'll be able to bring a better game with me this time too!

Just got an email from Golfnow about a stay and play special for the Honda Classic. One round on the Champions course and stay at the resort. All for the low low price of $337 per night. Yikes!

Just got an email from Golfnow about a stay and play special for the Honda Classic. One round on the Champions course and stay at the resort. All for the low low price of $337 per night. Yikes!

Makes you realize just how much PGA National enjoys hosting the THP outing.

I've said it before, but this is the best outing I've ever experienced.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Makes you realize just how much PGA National enjoys hosting the THP outing.

I've said it before, but this is the best outing I've ever experienced.

I used to do a trip with my buddies every year, nothing major, usually somewhere within driving distance but somewhere south of here where we could get golf in earlier than when we can here. This year my lovely bride of 12 years says, "not so fast my friend, pick 1." So my options were the THP outing or my trip with my buddies that we've done for 15 years. I'm going to PGA National in May. There is just simply no way I can miss it. None. The boys weren't thrilled but I think they understand, besides I can golf with them every weekend all summer long.

I used to do a trip with my buddies every year, nothing major, usually somewhere within driving distance but somewhere south of here where we could get golf in earlier than when we can here. This year my lovely bride of 12 years says, "not so fast my friend, pick 1." So my options were the THP outing or my trip with my buddies that we've done for 15 years. I'm going to PGA National in May. There is just simply no way I can miss it. None. The boys weren't thrilled but I think they understand, besides I can golf with them every weekend all summer long.

Uncle daddy had to make a similar decision this year and he chose the THP outing. It's just too unique and too much fun and takes place at a tour stop. How can you not choose it?

Actually you're still going with your buddies.....50 of them!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Actually you're still going with your buddies.....50 of them!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^
Very true indeed, I definitely know that I made new life long friends last outing and I look forward to seeing them all again at this one.

Very true indeed, I definitely know that I made new life long friends last outing and I look forward to seeing them all again at this one.

It will be good to see ya Jake! Maybe we will get to see a mini radio show broadcast of the Jake & Lefty show?

It will be good to see ya Jake! Maybe we will get to see a mini radio show broadcast of the Jake & Lefty show?
I don't think anyone wants to see that Ole Gray. My good pal Lefty and I will certainly debate many topics at the iBar that weekend, many of them having nothing to do with golf I'm sure.

I don't think anyone wants to see that Ole Gray. My good pal Lefty and I will certainly debate many topics at the iBar that weekend, many of them having nothing to do with golf I'm sure.

can't wait to hear those debates....

Jake: I looked great in that guys cowboy hat, I think I'm going to get one
Lefty: Dude you looked ridiculous

4c170a54-9218-f900.jpg

Who would have thought the signs from my Yellowstone Park trip would apply to my PGA National Florida trip too.

4c170a54-9218-f900.jpg

Who would have thought the signs from my Yellowstone Park trip would apply to my PGA National Florida trip too.

I have been there. Really big bears!

Back