Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hit a spectacular bunker shot today. bunker was as deep as i am tall. short sided pin...sloping away. stuck it to a foot.

i really need to work on my bunker play... we got new sand at teh course and i am just horrendous at it

Lol wow Russ. But here's your credit: Epic.

this is the best "shot" of the day thread after all... lets leave my sad sad putting out of it hahaha
epic fail :(

uhhh...yeah.....i had a 2-putt birdie yesterday. oops.

the first putt was probably 35 feet. sent it 8 feet past. made the comebacker.....with authority.

uhhh...yeah.....i had a 2-putt birdie yesterday. oops.

the first putt was probably 35 feet. sent it 8 feet past. made the comebacker.....with authority.

gotta do it with authority hahaha

dont forget the putter sword

par 4 greened w/ my r11 tp, 360 yds no wind to 8 ft, made the put too, and im just 16, take that all of you

par 4 greened w/ my r11 tp, 360 yds no wind to 8 ft, made the put too, and im just 16, take that all of you

Gotta love humble people

beast shot!
when i was 12 i used to fly par 5 greens from the champions tees (with a 60* of course and into a 90mph wind) and chip in to score 2's all the time
in fact they made it illegal for me to even play the par 4's and par 3's unless i used my putter only... they didnt know id make holes in ones on those 900yrd par3s

Russ, you are the thing that legends are made of, i hope one day to see the footprints you leave on courses, much like big foot, or sasquatch

I love hearin about great shots, because thats what this thread is about, but finishin the post with "take that all of you" a little over the top i think

youre right sd... sorry kid i was just teasin

Me too, got a lil carried away, just work harder on a first impression next time :arrogant:

Best shot of my round today came on the 18th. I pushed my approach shot on to the bank of the pond on the green side, about 1/4th of the ball under water still. I would have had choices if I was left handed but the only way I could play it without hitting back to where my approach came from was to try the one handed back to the hole chip. I smacked it out right on line but hit it too hard (didn't get too wet and muddy just a little) and the ball rolled off the green right into the trap. I go over to the trap to see where my ball is and it is right at the bottom of the lip, closest to the hole, burried in an inch and a half of snow, just the top of the ball showing through the snow. The lip is about a foot and a half, maybe 2 feet. Luckily I was playing a yellow E6 so I could actually see my the rest of my ball under the snow. I thought, what the hell, my round hasn't been great today anyway so give it a hack. Took a nice hack at the ball and it came out perfectly. It would have been a tap in putt if not getting caught up in the snow on the green betwen the bunker and the hole. I'm still pretty proud of the shot though.

If I wasn't playing alone or had anybody near me I wouldn't have even tried the shot but I'm glad I gave it a go. I'm pretty sure the snow will be gone tomorrow and they plan on putting the pins out if they open.

I hit a drive 205 yards into the wind straight down the middle! (that is pretty much as far as I can hit it)

I also hit a low punch type 6i out of a bunch of trees that turned out really well.

Drove the green on a 300 yard par 4. Probably only plays about 270 since I cut off the dogleg but still the best shot of my round.

Drove the green on a 300 yard par 4. Probably only plays about 270 since I cut off the dogleg but still the best shot of my round.

I bet that was fun!

Yea, we eagled it too :)

Today I chipped in from about 30 yards away on an uphill lie for a birdie on the 18th. It was a great way to finish the round that I actually wrote about it in my blog! I even posted my scorecard there!

Last edited by a moderator:
my best shot of t day was a long bunker shot hit the flag and almost went in. 2 ft for par.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back