Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
texas wedge from a few feet off the green... took a few weird bounces and tracked all the way to the hole
musta been a good 50 ft putt

m3
slight, uphill par 3, 206 yards to the pin
4' for birdie
made the putt, but add 2 balls in hazards and 3 3-putts
and you get a not-so-smooth 85

So my shot of the day yesterday: VERY short Par 4 playing 287 over a water hazard lake/pond with a wind from left to right, I hit driver and flew the green and rolled just off the back edge above the hole. Left a 40ft downhill putt. I lagged the eagle to about 2ft, tap in birdie.

hit a 3 wood about 230 onto the green on a par 5 and for me thats a long way. Made birdie.

On saturday, played a short par 4 of about 280 yards. Great drive straight down the middle landed on the front fringe. 2 putt for a birdie.

I am seeing a common theme to all my "best shots". They are all GIR shots.

This Sat, I was playing with just wedges and 3 wood on a short course. Fourth hole, short par 4. Hit the 3w off the tee. I was aiming for a draw, but it curved a little more than I expected and was in the first cut on the left about 80yds from the hole. It actually looked like it went further than my usual drives. But that was not the best shot.

The green is tiny and is guarded by this huge bunker in the front that is really scary to look at. But my recent practice with the wedges seemed to help. I pulled my sand wedge and hit it straight at the flag, not worrying about the bunker, and the ball came to rest 10 feet from the pin. 2 putt for par. Not my first par on that green, but my first GIR.

i hit the flagstick on the fly 3x today
all from beyond 140 out
man i was hoping for a frikken eagle

I help coach a middle school golf team. Most of the kids are beginners and don't get to play in the regular tournaments so at the end of the season we play a players/coach scramble at a 9 hole course in the area to give them a chance to play. 3 times durring the round I hit 6 iron to within a few feet of pins that I never would have gone after had it not been a scramble. The trouble was that the kids I was with must've thought I play like that all the time becase they were completely ambivolent about it. Round of my life and not only did no one care, but it didn't count because it was a scramble!

best shot of my round was witting my 9 iron to an inch and a half from the cup :banana:

Had a play lesson on a par 3 course at the Learning Center today. This little par 3 course is just so much fun to play and is maintained as beautifully as the private 18 hole course there. My coach likes to take his students on it to work on their short game. Today we were on the last hole and we were using the front tees on the 2nd go around. This time the hole only measured about 62 yards. Coach stuck one about 3 feet below the pin. I get up there and hit the ugliest shot ever into the big ditch to the right of the hole. He said "now what was your swing thought then?" I laughed and told him that he needed to mark his ball because it was in my way and I was going in the hole. Then I told him never mind I would just fly it over his and into the hole. Funniest thing in the world happened. I did just that! Flew my second shot right over his and it bounced right into the dang hole!! We had a good laugh and it was a fun way to finish.

My best shot last round was my Drive off the first, it was my longest straightest drive ever and it was with a brand new driver...pity the rest of the round was not as glorious.

my best shot of my round last week was on the par 5 13th at my home course.
ok drive to fairway and i was 235 out according to GPS, ball above my feet and i just laced my 3 wood with a nice high draw, ball lands, bounces and stops on the green. felt great. :banana:

pity i 3 putted :at-wits-end:

i out drove my long balling brother today by a few inches looool

Smoked a drive today, high draw over the trees on the left (i am a lefty) right back to the edge of the fairway, where it landed on the cart path and jumped toward the green, couldn't believe I got a good break for once (all praise to the golf god). 385 yard par 4, had ~30 yards left! Ended up with a par, gotta hate that, but loved the good break!

Hit an easy 8 iron from 125-130 to about 18 inches.

had a lot of great shots with bad results today... but my brother flew the green on a par3... then with a blind shot in flopped the ball right into the hole

150 yard par 3 yesterday over water with a 20-25 MPH wind that we were into and slightly crossing left to right. Hit a smooth 4 iron aimed to the left side of the green and ball had a nice high flight and just used the wind to bring it to the hole. One bounce and stopped 4 feet right of the pin and dead center putt for birdie. Shot of the day for the 45 holes I played yesterday!

Hit driver into the edge of the woods had to punch out. Third shot was pin high about 10 feet off the green. I have been working on chipping with my 9 iron and I chipped it in for par!!!! Hard work does pay off

I am sure 210 would be a good shot to do. Have seen this game only on TV or watching sitting far off on a bench. Have no experience to play it practically. But I am sure it would be interesting.

Week ago I hit my drive left into the trees on a 440 yard par 4. From about 195 I took my 4 hybrid and started my shot what must have been 60 yards right of the green and hooked it back to get around the trees . I figured with that much turn it had to be short of the green. Got up there and I was sitting about 10 feet from the hole. Made the putt for birdie. Bubba Golf :) One of the best shots from trouble Ive ever hit for sure. Funny thing next time I played I ended up in the same area and hooked another one onto the green but not close to the hole.

I was about 100 yards out in the fairway hit a soft SW in a knockdown fashion (so I think!) came in low and kinda hot right at the flag, hit about 5 feet in front of the pin bounced once and stopped about 2 ft short. Tap in birdie! Gotta love when you birdie the first hole of the day, think you're going to have a "career" round and promptly double the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back