Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

Have fun out there ladies and gents, hopefully i can join you sometime in the future, but for now KEEP IT IN THE FAIRWAY!

haha. Easier said than done. You can see by the Tour scores today that the Champ is a beast. Hope you can join us in the future, R7. You should check out the picture thread if you haven't already.

Thanks everyone. I booked United. Connection times are between 1 - 2.5 hours (OUCH). But the price was fair. I felt a lot of pressure to book b/c of the crazy Middle East situation. I keep fearing gas prices will sky rocket, and air line prices are never far behind. I didn't get a bad deal, but if I booked it 3 weeks ago, I could have saved $150 ($75 per ticket). The up side? OUR TICKETS ARE BOOKED!! :clapp:

Smart move Patty. The way things are going with gas it would've been cheaper to rent a horse. :D
Look forward to meeting you and the Mr in May!

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am a new member. Are there any spots left for the 2011 THP Golf outing and Demo day at PGA National?

I have a question but I'm afraid I'll be laughed off of the forum if I ask it. Y'all won't laugh at me will you?

I have a question but I'm afraid I'll be laughed off of the forum if I ask it. Y'all won't laugh at me will you?

No, I'm not really Charlie Sheen.

Ok, I don't want to drag my clubs to the airport and I'm NOT attached to them. Can I rent clubs there?

Ok, I don't want to drag my clubs to the airport and I'm NOT attached to them. Can I rent clubs there?

I think the answer is yes and I believe you are able to take the demo clubs out for a test spin on the course as well. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I dont know about renting although I am sure it is possible. As far as demoing clubs, that is always possible and you could probably put a set of clubs together for both days. The one to answer both questions best would be Golfergal, she should know how much ladies equipment will be available and also about renting.

I dont know about renting although I am sure it is possible. As far as demoing clubs, that is always possible and you could probably put a set of clubs together for both days. The one to answer both questions best would be Golfergal, she should know how much ladies equipment will be available and also about renting.

How do you know she doesn't play men's clubs like Kelly-bo & I do? (teasing you)

You can have your clubs picked up & shipped if want. That's what I do when I go to Sun Valley because they always get bumped off the puddle jumper out of Salt Lake & I end up waiting a day for them to show up by bus. PM me for the company I use. If you book it early enough it will be cheaper than renting clubs & you can guarantee you will have a set you are comfy with

You are absolutely right and forgive me for assuming. If you want to demo men's clubs, might be a bit tougher. LOL

Especially after this crew stocks their bag with all the goodies!

I believe they did have rentals last year at PGA National. I'm 90% sure haha. Ill try to search for the thread and if I find something before someone can give a definite Ill let you know.

I actually DO play mens clubs. I'm just over 5'-9" and I have large hands.

Just confirmed our travel plans, looks like we're driving from central Illinois, going to make a stop in Greenville SC to visit some family there before driving the rest of the way to the resort. Should be an interesting trip.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am a new member. Are there any spots left for the 2011 THP Golf outing and Demo day at PGA National?

Unfortunately this one filled up. But we have some other incredible things coming up very soon.

Yes you can. You can also check with us at demo day about sets.

I actually DO play mens clubs. I'm just over 5'-9" and I have large hands.

Like others have mentioned, the other option is shipping them. The resort does a great job with assistance of that.

Just confirmed our travel plans, looks like we're driving from central Illinois, going to make a stop in Greenville SC to visit some family there before driving the rest of the way to the resort. Should be an interesting trip.

Drive safe. Have a fun trip. I love road trips.

Yes you can. You can also check with us at demo day about sets.

Like others have mentioned, the other option is shipping them. The resort does a great job with assistance of that.

Thanks! They aren't worth shipping. I've needed new clubs for quite some time. Hoping to get new clubs this season.

So here's a question for everyone. I played the blue tees on the Champion and Palmer courses last year and they were not so kind to me. I've therefore decided to give myself every opportunity to shoot better this time around and would like to play from the whites. My questions is would it be comparable? I mean, it is fair to play one set one year and then move up? I'd like to think my game is in a better place now, but with having not played 18 since the Outing, I'm not 100% sure.

Let's say I shot 120 on the Champion (I did much worse) from the blues. If I shot 105 this time from the whites would it be an accurate measure of my improvement? What is the stroke differential between tees? Is there even one?

Back