Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

I would say play what feels right to you 9i. Rating wise on the scorecard its about a 2 stroke difference, 71.8 from the Blue and 69.9 from the white. If you thought that playing from the Blues was too much, I would move up to the white. If you shoot 105 from the white and you shot 120 from the Blues I would say its an improvement. I think you'll be able to tell if your game has improved.

I would say play what feels right to you 9i. Rating wise on the scorecard its about a 2 stroke difference, 71.8 from the Blue and 69.9 from the white. If you thought that playing from the Blues was too much, I would move up to the white. If you shoot 105 from the white and you shot 120 from the Blues I would say its an improvement. I think you'll be able to tell if your game has improved.

Only a 2 stroke difference huh? I thought it would be more. I usually play whites when I play and played whites on the Haig and Squire.

9 iron look at the par 3 holes for the whites, blues etc and see which one you think you can hit. If the par 3 holes are more manageable from the whites then play the whites. The tips for me would be tough. Id probably be hitting hybrids. But the par 3 holes are a good judge of which tees to play.

Only a 2 stroke difference huh? I thought it would be more. I usually play whites when I play and played whites on the Haig and Squire.

that's just based on the rating on the card.

9 iron look at the par 3 holes for the whites, blues etc and see which one you think you can hit. If the par 3 holes are more manageable from the whites then play the whites. The tips for me would be tough. Id probably be hitting hybrids. But the par 3 holes are a good judge of which tees to play.

I did that last time. Made me realize the tips aren't for me. Blues are pushing it just a bit. I'd definitely feel more comfortable on the whites, especially seeing as I'll lose distance in the humid FL air.

that's just based on the rating on the card.

I just dug up the scorecard PDF I had saved to my computer. So would there be a larger difference in real life? Noob questions I know.

I would think that there would be a larger difference in a real life situation. BUT that is totally just my gut feeling.

you'll be in club heaven at the Outing then...plenty to choose from and hit on the course as well. The ultimate 'try and buy' program
Thanks! They aren't worth shipping. I've needed new clubs for quite some time. Hoping to get new clubs this season.

9-Iron, since we're tackling the Champion course together again this year, I will play from the whites with you. If Bulldog and SMG want to play whites also fine if not, blues for them is ok with me.

9-Iron, since we're tackling the Champion course together again this year, I will play from the whites with you. If Bulldog and SMG want to play whites also fine if not, blues for them is ok with me.

Thanks man, that'd be cool. If you want to play the blues again though, please by all means do so. I don't want to hold you back.

Ok so last night after the kids went to bed, I sat back and watched some of the Honda Classic. Um... I think I'll be lucky to shoot a 72 on the front nine. I asked my husband, "How many balls do you think is the maximum number of balls possible to lose on the golf course?" Water is not my friend. The courses around here (being desert and all) don't tend to have a lot of water so I don't get a ton of practice avoiding (or mentally avoiding) water. It should be very interesting indeed.

That being said, the course look amazing. And my only other comment is what in the heck was Ricky Fowler wearing? I also told my husband that I thought it looked like a pattern from a Member's Only Jacket from the 80s I remember seeing (sorry if anyone was loving it).

9i, I would say that moving up a box could make a big difference for you. Could be the difference between a 7 iron and a 9 iron on an approach shot. I'd play the whites if another person in my group wanted to join me. There's no shame in it. I just don't hit the ball as far as some people and play better in the 6000 yard range.

Ok so last night after the kids went to bed, I sat back and watched some of the Honda Classic. Um... I think I'll be lucky to shoot a 72 on the front nine. I asked my husband, "How many balls do you think is the maximum number of balls possible to lose on the golf course?" Water is not my friend. The courses around here (being desert and all) don't tend to have a lot of water so I don't get a ton of practice avoiding (or mentally avoiding) water. It should be very interesting indeed.

That being said, the course look amazing. And my only other comment is what in the heck was Ricky Fowler wearing? I also told my husband that I thought it looked like a pattern from a Member's Only Jacket from the 80s I remember seeing (sorry if anyone was loving it).

As I can attest to, you can lose a bit. Just imagine all that water with playing in Santa Ana winds. Yes it gets like that and that's what we had to deal with at the last outing. Hopefully it'll be calmer this year when we play Champions (last outing I think the wind was pretty tame when we played Palmer). Luckily Bridgestone is awesome in providing us with a dozen this year which I hope to walk away with at least a sleeve. :D

And the last piece of the puzzle is done. Rental car booked. :)

So we arrive into Orlando at about noon on the 19th so that should put us at the resort in the afternoon.

We will be leaving on Sunday afternoon after the round and heading back to Orlando where we are staying close by. If anyone needs a lift to/from the Orlando area let me know.

Question for the group and Florida people... Where is the shopping near Orlando?

9i, I would say that moving up a box could make a big difference for you. Could be the difference between a 7 iron and a 9 iron on an approach shot. I'd play the whites if another person in my group wanted to join me. There's no shame in it. I just don't hit the ball as far as some people and play better in the 6000 yard range.

Looks like Rhino and I will be rocking the whites. I'm not a big hitter either and I'll lose distance in the humidity as it is. Being closer to the flag on approach will be a big bonus! Might even mean that I could break 100 (which is the goal).

And the last piece of the puzzle is done. Rental car booked. :)

So we arrive into Orlando at about noon on the 19th so that should put us at the resort in the afternoon.

We will be leaving on Sunday afternoon after the round and heading back to Orlando where we are staying close by. If anyone needs a lift to/from the Orlando area let me know.

Question for the group and Florida people... Where is the shopping near Orlando?

Where are you staying and what are you looking for (outlets, mall, golf, etc.)?

Where are you staying and what are you looking for (outlets, mall, golf, etc.)?

Staying in Kissimmee looking for outlet shopping and clothes/shoes for the wifey. :) I get 3 days at the resort I can go shopping for a day.

Like I have said since last year's outing. The point of these outings is to have fun and enjoy yourself. We are not a group of ultra-competative people who really care about the scores of each person and such. It is about relaxing with friends and enjoying some golf and if that means stepping up one set of tees cause you will feel more comfortable and in turn enjoy your round more, then move up one set.

Like I have said since last year's outing. The point of these outings is to have fun and enjoy yourself. We are not a group of ultra-competative people who really care about the scores of each person and such. It is about relaxing with friends and enjoying some golf and if that means stepping up one set of tees cause you will feel more comfortable and in turn enjoy your round more, then move up one set.

TOtally agree, man. I wasn't there last year of course, but if your game says whites are the better tees for you then play there. Know one I have met on THP makes me think they would think less of you as a man or a golfer. We are not all Biggsy.

So here's a question for everyone. I played the blue tees on the Champion and Palmer courses last year and they were not so kind to me. I've therefore decided to give myself every opportunity to shoot better this time around and would like to play from the whites. My questions is would it be comparable? I mean, it is fair to play one set one year and then move up? I'd like to think my game is in a better place now, but with having not played 18 since the Outing, I'm not 100% sure.

Let's say I shot 120 on the Champion (I did much worse) from the blues. If I shot 105 this time from the whites would it be an accurate measure of my improvement? What is the stroke differential between tees? Is there even one?

I think anyone who shoots over 100 shouldn't be playing the back tees no matter what. Me included.

Just looked. Blues aren't the back! But still, nothing wrong with moving up to the whites either, that's where I would like to play from (if I were playing!)

I think the slope rating is more important for me than the course rating. And 129 from the whites is still pretty up there!

Staying in Kissimmee looking for outlet shopping and clothes/shoes for the wifey. :) I get 3 days at the resort I can go shopping for a day.

For outlets there's Premium Outlets on Vineland. If you want high end stuff, the Mall at Millenia is always nice (there's a Tiffany & Co. in there if you really want to get her something real nice). Then there's the golf trifecta of Golf Galaxy on Sand Lake, Edwin Watts on Turkey Lake and Golfsmith in the Millenia area.

Let me know if there's anything else and I'm sure JB and GG can help with that as well.

Back