Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

May be you all already know this... yesterday while watching the Honda, they said the 18th hole on the course is the 5th most difficult hole on all of the PGA tour. I let out a little guffaw at that on.

Btw, ddec, the map is awesome and yet kind of scary. Thx for posting.

Last edited:
And the last piece of the puzzle is done. Rental car booked. :)

So we arrive into Orlando at about noon on the 19th so that should put us at the resort in the afternoon.

We will be leaving on Sunday afternoon after the round and heading back to Orlando where we are staying close by. If anyone needs a lift to/from the Orlando area let me know.

Question for the group and Florida people... Where is the shopping near Orlando?

When we get closer date wise RB, shoot GG a message and she will send you the maps to our favs.

Man I wish I lived close to there so I could attend! That sounds so awesome!

Skimmer, yes you can.

That's funny, thanks to One-T we've been seeing that a lot lately!

To be fair, there are over 3,700 posts in this thread!

JB or GG can you confirm if we can borrow demo clubs from the demo day to play with out on the course?

Skimmer, yes you can.

Not necessarily. If there are any pre release clubs which we have to sign a waiver for to not disclose until the embargo is lifted, we can't take those out. At the last outing there was a bunch including the much heralded Mashie that none of us were allowed to game.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

so i ALMOST bought the burner 2.0's at xmas time - but following sage advice from JB and others - i postponed any MAJOR purchase until post DEMO DAY. (I did break down and order a mashie or two! i couldnt resist!!)

That doesnt mean i havent been tossing around ideas for a new bag in 2011.

Among the most anticipated irons to try at demo day: CG16, Burner 2.0, JPX 800 pro, callaway Razr X's. It will be a treat to try these and others there!

I think I am going to go:
Driver 9.5-10.5 (really like my supertri: First order of business is getting fit for a miyazaki shaft) I briefly hit a R11 and a superfast 2.0 - but i have not touched callaway's offereing which i am really excited for after reading about those diablo octanes and razr hawks... they sound sweet and i would love to give them a run for the $. The new srixon driver shows promise, as does the cleveleand line of ultralites. An open match here that will prove to be fun come MAY.

FW - I have a R9 now - but i really like the MASHIE M1 for its ability to hit out of more lies. Im curious how it performs for me off the teebox - and i can really see some merit in dropping a FW for the hybrid here. I dont have the balls to bag my Driver off the tee - so i usually only pull out my 3w for big approaches on par 5's where im usually firing off the deck. If its in the rough i dont have a play for the green - so im usually laying up. Which i dont mind doing - but if i can hit an easy mashie m1 - from the fairway or from the rough - then id love to hit it and have a shot at a chip/putt for eagle.

HYBRIDS: MASHIES! M2 and M4. With the 18* M2 - i can add some distance on full swings - and choke down for a little less distance easier than i can hit a 2 or 3 iron. So the M2 is definately staying.

HYBRIDS: MASHIE M4 - this thing is just insane what it does - at 23* loft - again i can hit it full (effectively eliminating a 4 or 5 iron) and choke down and replace another iron.

IRONS: 6-PW - I hit my 6 iron very good (its my lesson club) and i can hit a 5 iron ok. But there still is that miss on the toe with the 5 - whereas my hybrid clubs always feel sweeter and im more laidback with them. Sure the hybrids ballflight is usually lower - but the miss for me usually flies straighter and longer. There are not too many situations i like to play a 5 iron to the green - as its easy for me to pull it 15 yards left, or 20 yds right. I have always hit my hybrids straighter.

If i could replace a choked down M4, for the 5 iron in most sets - that would give me a 4 degree gap between the CG16/Burner 2.0 6 iron (27*) and make up more room at the bottom of my bag.

Wedges - GW - 50
SW - 55
LW - 60

Putter:

14th - Misc: Niblick 56* or 49*

I really like having a bag that i can move the 14th club around... right now i have a hodge podge of clubs i pull in and out and this setup would play to my strengths - easy hitting hybrids on the long end - and confident clubs for the short game.

3 mashies though LOL!

JB or GG can you confirm if we can borrow demo clubs from the demo day to play with out on the course?

Yes many items will be able to go to the course. However it would be hard to make up an entire bag from demo day items.

When we get closer date wise RB, shoot GG a message and she will send you the maps to our favs.

Great thanks. We will do just that.

Thanks for the info Spank I will pass it on as well. This thing is getting closer. Woooooo

I can't believe that I didn't sign up for this outing.

I would add that head smashing on the wall emotion, but I'm on my phone and not sure how to do that from here...

I would add that head smashing on the wall emotion, but I'm on my phone and not sure how to do that from here...

I wish you would have too. Would love to meet you in person. :)

There's always next year and the Morgan Cup this fall. Also, you never know if someone might have to cancel unexpectedly creating an opening. We really have a blast at these things and it would be great if you would join us.

I can't wait to try my luck on the Champions Course. It looks pretty amazing (and challenging) on TV. Is it May yet?

When I see the PGA guys struggling with the wind just like we did I dont feel quite as bad. Its brutal out there. What a tough course.

When I see the PGA guys struggling with the wind just like we did I dont feel quite as bad. Its brutal out there. What a tough course.

I feel the same way.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I was surprised how well most of them played 18. That hole is hard as hell in the wind.

I was surprised how well most of them played 18. That hole is hard as hell in the wind.

Yeah that hole at me up and spit me out a couple times over. And did you notice how they were all going over the water at it? I was hugging the left side going from bunker to bunker lol

I totally went in the water.

I noticed some guys having trouble on 13, which made me feel better. I went bunker > opposite bunker > back to the first bunker

I did a monster 150 yard drive on 18 and then a bunker, bunker, off the green and back across the green to the other bunker type thing. It was fun.

I did a monster 150 yard drive on 18 and then a bunker, bunker, off the green and back across the green to the other bunker type thing. It was fun.

Hole 18 was my final undoing at breaking 80 there. It also was not gentle with the tub o vasoline.

Hole 18 was my final undoing at breaking 80 there. It also was not gentle with the tub o vasoline.

I just remember the wind dead in the face. Im sure it was 100 MPH. lol

I just remember the wind dead in the face. Im sure it was 100 MPH. lol

No Kevin, I think Gray said it was like 150mph when he hit his 9 iron into it 230 yards. He could be off just a little but I'm sure it was more than 100mph.:act-up:

Back