Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

So I'm watching the replay of the Classic on the DVR and I happened upon the Jerry Kelly ruling of the ball in the tree. When they had a camera on the tree I faintly saw a second ball up there. Hey Yoccos I think Jerry Kelly helped find that ball you lost in the tree. Just sayin'. :D

Lol... THe question would be WHICH ball hahaha. Man, I've never lost so many balls to trees in my life. I also never lost so many balls off of good drives haha.

So I'm watching the replay of the Classic on the DVR and I happened upon the Jerry Kelly ruling of the ball in the tree. When they had a camera on the tree I faintly saw a second ball up there. Hey Yoccos I think Jerry Kelly helped find that ball you lost in the tree. Just sayin'. :D

I don't know about you all but walking The Champions course on Friday during the 2nd round of the Honda Classic just made me really start jonesing for the outing to be here.

The course was in immaculate condition & the greens looked like someone had poured liquid Vaseline over them. Watched DLIII barely tap a downhill put on 4 that went screaming by the hole 6'. Also sat at winebar on 17 & watched 12 groups put balls in the water & muck (TC, I think I found your ball!).

Anyways, I'm raring to go!

Will the course be even better than it was last year when we played it since the course was just prepped for the pros this past week?

Will the course be even better than it was last year when we played it since the course was just prepped for the pros this past week?

Seems logical to me. Plus it's only opening up again the week we arrive. She'll be in excellent shape I'm sure.

Not likely. As much as I would like that, I would think it might be a little worse. Not anything drastic or to the point where we even notice in some cases, but anybody that has been around a few tourneys sees the type of damage that these guys do to a golf course.

There is plenty of healing time though, so we can only hope.

Not likely. As much as I would like that, I would think it might be a little worse. Not anything drastic or to the point where we even notice in some cases, but anybody that has been around a few tourneys sees the type of damage that these guys do to a golf course.

I think she'll be in great shape in the playable areas. I mean, for pale hundy all areas are playable, but the fairways and greens should bounce back mighty quickly being bermuda(if they are otherwise feel please let me know). Spectator damage would be the only thing I would be worried about. It took a long time at Aronimink, but that grass is nowhere near as tough or resilient as bermuda.

I think she'll be in great shape in the playable areas. I mean, for pale hundy all areas are playable, but the fairways and greens should bounce back mighty quickly being bermuda(if they are otherwise feel please let me know). Spectator damage would be the only thing I would be worried about. It took a long time at Aronimink, but that grass is nowhere near as tough or resilient as bermuda.

Its a completely different landscape. Yes the grass will bounce back with little trouble. But because of when this tournament takes place and the incoming weather the courses get hit pretty hard. People forget that May is our offseason for golf.

Yeah, if the spectator areas are rough around the edges you may be in trouble. lol @ you calling yourself Pale Hundy. Love it!

Its a completely different landscape. Yes the grass will bounce back with little trouble. But because of when this tournament takes place and the incoming weather the courses get hit pretty hard. People forget that May is our offseason for golf.

How is this JB? Too hot/humid? Weather in general?

I am putting a "T" on my balls (golf balls) this year for the outing, if you find a ball with that on there I would like it returned. Thanks

I'd like to think it will be in pretty good shape when we play it. Last time around in September it wasn't as good as I would have thought it would be. The Palmer course was in much better shape in my opinion. I am sure the Champion gets a ton more rounds on it than the Palmer so by September that place has seen a billion divots and ball marks etc.

I am putting a "T" on my balls (golf balls) this year for the outing, if you find a ball with that on there I would like it returned. Thanks

I wish I could help you but I am not bringing scuba tanks this year. LOL

JB's right about the damage these guys do. Even on Fiday there were areas in the teeboxes & landing areas in the fairways that looked like someone had used a garden weasel on. While their divots are perfect some of them are deep

How is this JB? Too hot/humid? Weather in general?

GOlf seasons are made up of the best weather in a region. Our season is October through May. The offseason still works fine, but it is warmer of course.

GOlf seasons are made up of the best weather in a region. Our season is October through May. The offseason still works fine, but it is warmer of course.

I see. So the weather will be similar to what we saw last September? It's hard for me to think your season is during my winter. Craziness.

OK I must be looking at this wrong...If I come by myself, my cost is $155 a night and that includes my round of golf at the bear trap? so if I came friday night and saturday night it would be $310 for everything (Other than my plane ticket?)? If thats the case I am in!

I see. So the weather will be similar to what we saw last September? It's hard for me to think your season is during my winter. Craziness.

Think Australian rules when it comes to our golf season. :D

Actually it might be more humid. April - May is actually our rainy season (and the start of hurricane season as well) and if we see the rains then think sauna. Then you'll be wishing for 10 mph gusts every once in a while.

Unfortunately man Im pretty sure its full. You will get your chance at another one next year though!
OK I must be looking at this wrong...If I come by myself, my cost is $155 a night and that includes my round of golf at the bear trap? so if I came friday night and saturday night it would be $310 for everything (Other than my plane ticket?)? If thats the case I am in!

Think Australian rules when it comes to our golf season. :D

Actually it might be more humid. April - May is actually our rainy season (and the start of hurricane season as well) and if we see the rains then think sauna. Then you'll be wishing for 10 mph gusts every once in a while.

More humid? Oh my. Probably a good idea to have some rain gear on hand then?

Dang it! I was already looking at some autographed Colts memorabelia that I could sell in order to fund my trip! This sounded like the best thing ever! Has there been confirmation that this thing is full already?!

Dang it! I was already looking at some autographed Colts memorabelia that I could sell in order to fund my trip! This sounded like the best thing ever! Has there been confirmation that this thing is full already?!

It is full for this year. But there is still the Morgan Cup coming up. And of course the 2012 outing and demo day.

And of course we will always have more announcements for some cool stuff.

More humid? Oh my. Probably a good idea to have some rain gear on hand then?

dont let Spank scare you! He made it out to be worse than it is

Back