Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear JB - thanks. If you don't mind my asking - which model GPS do you use?

Bushnell XGC+ is what I used for the last year.

But now I am using the Bushnell Hybrid. You can see our review on the home page.

I have not had a single issue with my Bushnell and my Mac. In fact not a single issue with any of hte Igolf or Bushnell GPS units and any macs.
If you go to iGolf...Main>iGolf Support>Mac User w/ Upgraded Firmware Beta V2.0 Cannot Sync Maps there is an entire discussion on it. Apparently those Mac users with the latest Firmware update are unable to sync. Part of has to do with Apple not supporting Java anymore, and part has to do with iGolf's customer support.

If you go to iGolf...Main>iGolf Support>Mac User w/ Upgraded Firmware Beta V2.0 Cannot Sync Maps there is an entire discussion on it. Apparently those Mac users with the latest Firmware update are unable to sync. Part of has to do with Apple not supporting Java anymore, and part has to do with iGolf's customer support.

Again, all I can report is what I have tried and what I use. Not a single issue. None and I use a Macbook Pro and the XGC+

Again, all I can report is what I have tried and what I use. Not a single issue. None and I use a Macbook Pro and the XGC+
I'm happy to hear it's working for you, but I can't spend the money and take the chance. I really liked the idea of the hybrid too.

Still looking at wedges but wondering if the DG Spinner reshaft might be a better option. I'm shanking the bejeezus out of my GW and SW on half and 3/4 shots. But I wont stop hitting them because I've made a commitment to hit the flag at 50 each time out at the range. Thank God for unlimited balls. But I know it's definitely the equipment lol.

JAWS are high bounce wedges but I thought the grind toned them down some? I don't recall where I heard that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thinking about trying out the Sharpro Dual Compound Cord grips and saving some $$$ over the Golf Prides. Something's gotta go on my VR Full Cav's though because the stock grips are way slick.

I bet if you put spinners in the JAWS wedges that would be a really nice combo Yoccos
Still looking at wedges but wondering if the DG Spinner reshaft might be a better option. I'm shanking the bejeezus out of my GW and SW on half and 3/4 shots. But I wont stop hitting them because I've made a commitment to hit the flag at 50 each time out at the range. Thank God for unlimited balls. But I know it's definitely the equipment lol.

JAWS are high bounce wedges but I thought the grind toned them down some? I don't recall where I heard that. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Definitely what I'm thinking Hanks. I think a lower launch would be good with these irons. I may have to just take the chance.

I bet if you put spinners in the JAWS wedges that would be a really nice combo Yoccos

It's what I like about the spinner/Mizzy combo....lower launch with some good spin. When my swing is right I can still get the ball up when needed but for the most part the flight is lower on 3/4 shots
Definitely what I'm thinking Hanks. I think a lower launch would be good with these irons. I may have to just take the chance.

new wedge

new wedge

I have been looking into a new wegdge and within my budget I am able to get either a Cleveland cg14 60'or a taylormade tp xft 60'. Does anyone recomend one over the other?

Thinking about trying out the Sharpro Dual Compound Cord grips and saving some $$$ over the Golf Prides. Something's gotta go on my VR Full Cav's though because the stock grips are way slick.

I'm sure people are sick of hearing me say it but try the Avon D2X Cord's before the Sharpro's, WAY nicer IMHO and last just as long as all the GP's I've had....and cheap too! lol

I'm toying with the idea of throwing a niblick in the bag. I'm not sure where it fits in, but if I can find one for cheap it may be fun to test.

Pondering the Cleveland TL310 and a new grip for my putter. Looking for a softer grip than the stock on my method. Looking at the Winn Hero grip as I like how it feels and you can never go wrong supporting the troops.

As for the TL310, i'm absolutely in love with this club! Hoping to get fit this weekend.

Contemplating taking a chance on the Callaway Diablo HX Tour. I plan on puting the upcoming test balls up against the E6, B330rx, and may put the Diablo in there as well.

Tap before talk.

Not sure if I need new iron shafts but I don't really know if I need X stiff or stick with stiff. I do really want those Black Nickel KBS Tours though.

Not sure if I need new iron shafts but I don't really know if I need X stiff or stick with stiff. I do really want those Black Nickel KBS Tours though.

Dude whether you need them or not those KBS black nickel shafts are HAWT!!!!

Dude whether you need them or not those KBS black nickel shafts are HAWT!!!!

I think they would look so deadly with a set of these: Just all black.

36509_Clev_CG7Tour_BlkPerlIron.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of throwing a niblick in the bag. I'm not sure where it fits in, but if I can find one for cheap it may be fun to test.

I have all 4 and can bring one to the outing. just let me know if you want to and which one.

I think they would look so deadly with a set of these: Just all black.

36509_Clev_CG7Tour_BlkPerlIron.jpg

Those are some sick looking clubs.

Ya dent that would look awesome! Just mean looking.

I'm sure people are sick of hearing me say it but try the Avon D2X Cord's before the Sharpro's, WAY nicer IMHO and last just as long as all the GP's I've had....and cheap too! lol

I like the Avon grips to but I do find it a bit annoying that they're .580 core instead of .600. Getting the 58's on these days can be a gain pain on some shafts. Otherwise Avon grips are pure gold, expcially for the cost.

Dent: Agreed on the black nickel shafts. I picked up a set off the bay for when I finally get around to sticking them into some 2.0's or CG16's.

callaway upro go

Piretti MATERA!

The putter fiend strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back