2011 Kikkor Golf Shoes

I actually like there shoes. It brings back the BMX'er and Skateboarder in me. Been following them for awhile now, still haven't picked up a pair. Maybe soon!
Here's a link to there facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/kikkorgolf

kikkor%20golf%20retro%20wp%20white%20polar%203d.jpg

This is one of my favorites from their new 2011 line.

I received the Circle 3 white (2010 shoe) as a gift last year and they are surprisingly comfortable. I agree they are a little on the heavy side, but I was able to walk 18 holes no problem in these. The wide "skater" style gives a nice solid base and got multiple "where did you get those?" comments from fellow golfers.

Not my style, the sole looks a little large. Plus they don't look like they'd be very breathable and would make my feet sweat even more than they already do

Just ordered these from Kikkor. These will not be my everyday golf shoes, but will wear them on occassion to spice things up a bit.

Kikkor.jpg

Just ordered these from Kikkor. These will not be my everyday golf shoes, but will wear them on occassion to spice things up a bit.

Kikkor.jpg

Whats the fabric on those looper?

I like the 2011 line-up, I had heard that the 2010 line didn't hold up very well. I might try a pair out if I hear some more good reviews

Looper, I can dig those!

thats what it looked like! I like em....keep them clean bro

I like the 2011 line-up, I had heard that the 2010 line didn't hold up very well. I might try a pair out if I hear some more good reviews

Looper, I can dig those!

Yeah; I plan on giving them the old suede spray and what not to keep them clean/protected.

I will let you know what I think of them once I can take them out on the course. It might be a while, as it will take a few weeks for the courses out here to dry up.

Definatley different looking. Curious what kind of grip you would get out of those soles and how durable those spikes would be.

The purple ones look awesome!!

I like the look of some of them. Sort of like my Ecco's
How much?

They range in price from around $90 to $135

IMG00129-20110308-1422.jpg

I got back from NYC today and this is what I found on my doorstep. I was pretty excited about it, so I had a quick bite to eat and decided to head to the range to put them through some initial play. Since these don't seem to be well-known quite yet, I thought I would give my thoughts on these kicks. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a sanctioned THP "testing". Rather, this is simply a few thoughts from a guy who liked the look of some shoes online and decided to buy them.

These are just my initial thoughts, so they do not include thoughts on durability or extended performance yet. They have only been through 2 range sessions of about 100 balls each. I went twice today because when I got back from the range, I saw on my doorstep another club I had arranged for delivery. I will post my thoughts on that club in the appropriate forum.

Overall: A-

Looks: A-

I really enjoy the looks of these shoes... And my wife, who is far more stylish than I, noted they are the best looking golf shoes I own. The colors are great. The suede is pretty good quality. The look of the fit is nice as well. Some may say
that these remind them of some skater shoes they wore back in the day (like etnies). I, however, think they look like a shoe that a golfing hipster would wear with some skinny pants and the tongues sticking out. But the looks are far more
versatile than I thought when I saw them online. Although these shoes will not be my everyday golf shoes, i will wear these shoes on occasion to spice things up a bit.

Comfort: A-

These things are as comfortable as most of the tennies that I wear out and about the city. In fact, that is what they feel like when I put them on. They felt great right off the bat and I am pretty sure they are going to mold right to the shape of my foot. One negative: they are a bit on the heavy side. I didn't notice it when I put them on or wore them, but I did notice the difference when I took them off and put on my regular tennies. They are heavier than my light-weight Adidas but about the same weight as my saddlebacks. Not a huge deal though, it didn't seem to impact much.

Performance/feel: B+

I wasn't sure how these kicks were going to perform, but they seemed to do pretty well. I really liked the placement of the spikes. The one on the toe was key in providing stability throughout the swing. I felt well grounded in the back swing as well... It actually felt like I was simply wearing sneakers, but with the traction of traditional golf shoes. My feet did get a little warm, but that was a minor inconvenience more than anything else. I also wonder how long the spikes will last, but that will not be known until more use has occurred.

Hot factor: A

These things are not well-known, but definitetly have the potential to have the x-factor. 2 people asked me what golf shoes I was wearing at the range. That has never happened to me before with regard to shoes. They are kinda like a new obscure band that only you and a few other luck people know about, but you know they are going to be huge in the near future. They may be popular among only certain types of golfers in the future, but i think they will be loved by those who wear them.

I will post more as I get a few more uses with them.

Great information, looper. I wanted these last year and now I'm interested in them again. I wish I could find a pair around here to try out.

What kind of spikes are those. Is a wrench needed?

What kind of spikes are those. Is a wrench needed?

THey seem to be standard spikes. Nothing special or out of the ordinary.

i have been eyeing these shoes lately, as it seems every golf shoe made has a narrow toe box but ecco. i own a pair of eccos and they are ok, but nothing great. the only shoe i really ever liked was the nike shox from a few years ago. these kikkor appear to be very similar to the shox and comfortable looking to boot.

awesome shoes

Thanks.

Great information, looper. I wanted these last year and now I'm interested in them again. I wish I could find a pair around here to try out.

Thanks. Yeah, I took a bit of a leap and just bought them online w/o trying them on. I guess it was an impulse purchase. If you or anyone else is going to purchase a pair, I HIGHLY recommend doing what the site says and buy a half-size big. I purchased a half-size larger than usual and it is a good thing I did.

Always looking for new shoe options, especially some variety for women! Are these available in stores or only online or...?

thanks!
peggy

They have them on 13thgreen.com. They offer free shipping and since you're in CA (like myself) it just takes a day for shipping :)

Great review Interlooper. Man I am wanting a second pair of shoes and these might be the ones. Thanks a lot man.

Back