2011 - Year of the Driver?

Thought I'd bump this thread up since we have so many new members on board. It's a great topic and one that I still think about quite a bit.

I think with the year of the driver, I am going to be worn out by 10 am at the demo day. Can you take like 10 drivers on the course with you the next day? Who needs a SW when you have an 4 adjustable drivers.

I do think that the competition is getting stiffer. Not just in drivers but in the irons and putters as well. I think that with re economy the way it is the companies know people are only going to switch to newer clubs if they offer a great benefit and improvement to their game. I think that's why Titleist is starting to make clubs suited for some mid-high handicappers because they needed to find a way to keep sales up. But I think it is a great thing to have more competition

Absolutely year of the driver. Adjustability, paint, choices, upgraded shafts avail in stock equipment, marketing wars.....what's not to love?

Absolutely year of the driver. Adjustability, paint, choices, upgraded shafts avail in stock equipment, marketing wars.....what's not to love?

I think the marketing wars are the key to making this the year of the driver. Everyone is promoting their drivers... Lite drivers, power drivers, adjustability drivers, composite drivers, all of the options make it a no brainer; year of the driver!

:confused2:I don't know maybe its me but isn't every year "the year of the driver" except maybe last year.

:confused2:I don't know maybe its me but isn't every year "the year of the driver" except maybe last year.

In a marketing state yes, but this was from my point of view looking at it from outside the box of marketing.

In a marketing state yes, but this was from my point of view looking at it from outside the box of marketing.
that makes sense.

So many new members have come on board and would love their thoughts on this as well.

Ill a little something. There really hasn't been a time I can remember where I said loved, and then continued to love more drivers from different companies. The Razr Hawk is a beast. The R11 is probably gonna get a test run prior to the Callaway gear and I can't stop thinking about the Srixon or Cleveland drivers. Hell even Nike drivers always find a way into my hitting bay. So many options out there for everyone.

Honestly there are several drivers that I'm drooling over right now. I bought my S2 last fall, but I made the mistake of getting fitted to it with a bum shoulder and now that my shoulder is back to 100% I think I made a huge mistake. I think the R flex shaft is too soft because I feel like its very whippy and I just am not happy with it now, not to mention issues with swinging slow enough to keep the ball going straight.

The new Cleveland SL290, Razr Hawk, Diablo Octane, and the Superfast 2.0 all have my attention. I think the Cleveland is on top of the pile for me, but I just can't justify pulling the trigger with a wedding coming up in less than a month.

It wouldnt surprise me to see a new driver in the bag before a club to fill the gap between my driver & M3.

Back