The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that must be hell...

You learn to live with iy like anything. Its not constant but certain movements just kill, and i cant play ball anymore.

Like CB said, get it sorted out now man. After blowing both ACL's at the same time (full reconstruction) plus various other problems after the fact, anything you can do early is so much better for you.

I've already had to cross off a number of things I use to love but can't do anymore. Had I done something about it before the bad point, it could have been lessened.

I'll be pulling tomorrow for you Thainer!

You learn to live with iy like anything. Its not constant but certain movements just kill, and i cant play ball anymore.

Atleast you can golf bud. And if you're ever hurtin during that you can do the Tiger limp down the fairway while your gallery watches in shock.

This brings up a good topic, best cereal of all time. For me its Honey Nut Cheerios with Cinnamon Toast Crunch coming in second. Anyway on else?

They just officially offed Cap N Crunch and Trix (silly rabbit). My two favorites growing up, Apple Jacks and Lucky Charms. Now Honey Bunches of Oats.

Like CB said, get it sorted out now man. After blowing both ACL's at the same time (full reconstruction) plus various other problems after the fact, anything you can do early is so much better for you.

I've already had to cross off a number of things I use to love but can't do anymore. Had I done something about it before the bad point, it could have been lessened.

I'll be pulling tomorrow for you Thainer!

Crazy Tuna, the rarely seen double.

Footie (soccer). I was going from high school level to pro level in 3 months and the way the works out ramped up, well my body just wasn't ready for it. Still, paid for most of university so it's not like it was a total waste!

I don't ever pour a whole glass of milk and drink it, thats not right. We have a great dairy company here on the island and they make and sell organic milk, cheese, yogurt, ect at the same price as the other crap and its great. I love Homo milk on my Honey Nut Cheerios in the morning, its the only way to start the day.

that has got to be the most epic post in the last few pages

I thought I would share the embarrassment that was my morning with everyone. So I went to the lab to get routine lab work done (you know the usual yearly physical blood work) and I passed out. But I didn't pass out just once, oh no, I passed out 3 times! They had to throw ice cold buckets of water on me and do the smelling salts thing and shake me until I came to. Eventually they carried me into another room and laid me down on a recliner so I would stop passing out. The worst part is when I finally did come to for the 3rd time I could hear someone make an announcement in the waiting room that they had a situation in the back with a young lady and they apologize for the delay.

That's right, I was the 'situation' they were referring to. I was mortified! They had to call JB to come pick me up because they wouldn't let me drive home. Plus I was soaking wet because they had thrown so much ice water on me. What an embarrassing morning!

I thought I would share the embarrassment that was my morning with everyone. So I went to the lab to get routine lab work done (you know the usual yearly physical blood work) and I passed out. But I didn't pass out just once, oh no, I passed out 3 times! They had to throw ice cold buckets of water on me and do the smelling salts thing and shake me until I came to. Eventually they carried me into another room and laid me down on a recliner so I would stop passing out. The worst part is when I finally did come to for the 3rd time I could hear someone make an announcement in the waiting room that they had a situation in the back with a young lady and they apologize for the delay.

That's right, I was the 'situation' they were referring to. I was mortified! They had to call JB to come pick me up because they wouldn't let me drive home. Plus I was soaking wet because they had thrown so much ice water on me. What an embarrassing morning!

What a morning GG. The afternoon HAS to be better!

GG, no worries, I still have that problem to this day, I went to the doctor yesterday to have my cold checked out and had to lay down even before the doc came in. My first child was born C section, but I was running on adrenaline from the last 48 hrs of no sleep, but I have white coat fever and a fear of needles bad. You are not alone. Hope you get to feeling better.

Wow. Glad you're doing OK though.

Umm, you're not craving any foods or throwing up in the mornings are ya?:eyepoke:

GG, no worries, I still have that problem to this day, I went to the doctor yesterday to have my cold checked out and had to lay down even before the doc came in. My first child was born C section, but I was running on adrenaline from the last 48 hrs of no sleep, but I have white coat fever and a fear of needles bad. You are not alone. Hope you get to feeling better.

The weird thing is that I normally don't have this problem. I used to but when I was in my early 20s I was extremely anemic so I had to give blood every 6 weeks to see how my iron levels were. I got pretty comfortable with having blood drawn and ever since then it's not really been a problem. That's why it was so weird when I passed out 3 times! I went with my gym clothes on because I expected to go work out after. Which I am sure you can guess didn't happen.

When I was younger I used to pass out. And the one time I donated blood ( before I was told I wasn't allowed to) I passed out. But the routine stuff used to be a piece of cake for me.

Dang thats horrible GG. My daughter goes through that and I know how embarrassing it can be. Hope the lab work comes back good, I go every two weeks now, so its became second hat to get it done any more.

Damn, i have never passed out, but that sounds a bit scary! I mean so many times in a row.

slightly off topic, but still about passing out.
A few years back i met up with a friend who just had donated blood. We walk about 100m (that is about 109yards for you) and he just drops dead on the sidewalk. I didnt even have the time to react before 2 cops came bursting out their car that was parked a few meters away and started screaming to me "What kind of drug is he on?!" and i'm like "nothing i swear, he just donated blood" and started laugh like crazy. It took them a minute before they believed me and my friend awoke. After that they drove him home and i was still standing there with the biggest smile. Scary but it was hilarious to watch (but i bet it would be another story if it ended in another way e.g he hurt himself when falling down hitting the ground)

Damn, i have never passed out, but that sounds a bit scary! I mean so many times in a row.

slightly off topic, but still about passing out.
A few years back i met up with a friend who just had donated blood. We walk about 100m (that is about 109yards for you) and he just drops dead on the sidewalk. I didnt even have the time to react before 2 cops came bursting out their car that was parked a few meters away and started screaming to me "What kind of drug is he on?!" and i'm like "nothing i swear, he just donated blood" and started laugh like crazy. It took them a minute before they believed me and my friend awoke. After that they drove him home and i was still standing there with the biggest smile. Scary but it was hilarious to watch (but i bet it would be another story if it ended in another way e.g he hurt himself when falling down hitting the ground)

I actually used to pass out all the time, it was really scary. Before I knew I was anemic I would just be walking down the street or in my house or where ever and I would just pass out. It was so scary and I had no idea what was wrong so I went to the doctor. That's when they did blood work and found out I was anemic. It was so bad that they put me on crazy high doses of iron pills and mad me take them 3 times a day with no food just orange juice. The doctors talked about a blood transfusion because they said my numbers were so bad but eventually, with enough meds and eating right, it got better. So passing out is definitely not new to me but I still don't like it.

GG, one word: Steak :hungry:

Speaking of lab work - I had blood drawn at the dialysis clinic twice in the past two weeks and the nurses have difficulty both times. Last week it took three needles and three pokes; on Tuesday two more needles and two more pokes. All for just two tubes. I don't have a problems with needles - I'm diabetic and asthmatic after all - but c'mon. It's not that hard - the phlebotomists at the lab have no problem.

I actually used to pass out all the time, it was really scary. Before I knew I was anemic I would just be walking down the street or in my house or where ever and I would just pass out. It was so scary and I had no idea what was wrong so I went to the doctor. That's when they did blood work and found out I was anemic. It was so bad that they put me on crazy high doses of iron pills and mad me take them 3 times a day with no food just orange juice. The doctors talked about a blood transfusion because they said my numbers were so bad but eventually, with enough meds and eating right, it got better. So passing out is definitely not new to me but I still don't like it.

i really hope you dont have to go through that again, never knowing when you will pass out and not knowing what you are able to do with the fear of passing out.

The weird thing is that I normally don't have this problem. I used to but when I was in my early 20s I was extremely anemic so I had to give blood every 6 weeks to see how my iron levels were. I got pretty comfortable with having blood drawn and ever since then it's not really been a problem. That's why it was so weird when I passed out 3 times! I went with my gym clothes on because I expected to go work out after. Which I am sure you can guess didn't happen.

When I was younger I used to pass out. And the one time I donated blood ( before I was told I wasn't allowed to) I passed out. But the routine stuff used to be a piece of cake for me.

My sister in law has had huge problems with her heart and lungs and they found it was tied to her being extremely anemic as well. She's had so many tests in the last few years it's been crazy.

It happens GG, blood is a scary sight for a lot of people so you shouldn't feel emberassed. To brighten you up.. you were saying you WERE the Situation?

Mike_The_Situation_Jersey_Shore.jpg

*searching THP for the video*

Glad you're ok GG. Hopefully that's the last time you have to do any blood work for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back