Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Must ..resist..the..club..looks..weird..post! Love my M2 CB. I think you are going to love it.

Ohhhh look what showed up at work today, it took a long time but it was worth every second.

Welcome to the MMC, Multiple Mashie Club.

Mmmm, M2......left handed! I'm totally hitting that baby in Florida.

OK, so....after two full rounds using the M2 and M4 any chance I got...

I really want to add an M5 to boot the 5i from my bag for good. Is that nuts? lol

LOL I want to do it badly. I am pondering very hard on the M1 to replace 3W

Finally got my M4 yesterday. Headed to the range straight after work to give it a whack. I have to say pretty much everything being said on the forum about this club is true. It feel almost effortless.

Can't wait to take it out on the course.

I'm screwed and it's all because of my M3......My bad misses are 180 yards straight and good shots easily fly 225. Now my distance gaps are all wrong and I have to blame my M3 for it. When you flush this baby, as someone said, it hurts to hold on to the finish because the ball takes so long to come down! Maybe I'll need to get a Cleveland or Srixon driver to balance out my long game better!

I bought my first mashie yesterday, m4 with 59g stiff shaft. I hit it on the similator and loved the feel, so much so I'm thinking of getting an m3 also!

getting my TOUR mashie on....

getting my TOUR mashie on....

Hey gang, just picked up my TOUR mashie today.... can't upload pics yet

Such a teasing first post!

Has everyone gone for the 59 shaft? I'm pondering the heavier shaft....

I'm screwed and it's all because of my M3......My bad misses are 180 yards straight and good shots easily fly 225. Now my distance gaps are all wrong and I have to blame my M3 for it. When you flush this baby, as someone said, it hurts to hold on to the finish because the ball takes so long to come down! Maybe I'll need to get a Cleveland or Srixon driver to balance out my long game better!

More Mashies!

Pics bro!
Such a teasing first post!

Has everyone gone for the 59 shaft? I'm pondering the heavier shaft....

I think most have gone with the 59 but I know a few did get the heavier shaft. The really serious golfers did :alien:

I think most have gone with the 59 but I know a few did get the heavier shaft. The really serious golfers did :alien:

Don't know if I'm comfortable with being labelled a really serious anything!

Congrats on the new club! Where are the pics to prove it? :act-up:

Looking to test one of these soon. Those of you with an M1, how does it compare to your 3 wood? Easier to hit? Same distance or shorter? etc...

I am worried I won't be able to hit these anywhere outside in my area. Only 10-20 feet into a net or simulator. It seems like everyone is in love with these hybrids. I am new to the hybrid world so I am looking for the best hybrid to start off with. I have two Baffler Pros 1H and 3H coming from my cousin, but I am worried I won't be able to control the pros.

Mo Mashie Mo Mashie Mo Mashie!

I don't have a hat for the Multi Mashie Club yet though.....
Welcome to the MMC, Multiple Mashie Club.

Looking to test one of these soon. Those of you with an M1, how does it compare to your 3 wood? Easier to hit? Same distance or shorter? etc...

I am worried I won't be able to hit these anywhere outside in my area. Only 10-20 feet into a net or simulator. It seems like everyone is in love with these hybrids. I am new to the hybrid world so I am looking for the best hybrid to start off with. I have two Baffler Pros 1H and 3H coming from my cousin, but I am worried I won't be able to control the pros.

I have an M1, M2, M4.

I am debating using the M1 over a fairway wood. I like the fairway wood off the tee for the extra distance - but i tend to hit fatter shots with a fairway wood off the deck of a par 5. And i dont hit a fairway wood out of the rough very consistantly either. So i picked up an M1 mashie (1/2 degree more loft than my FW) to test hitting it out of the rough, fairway tight lies, and off the tee. Honestly off the tee im losing about 10-15 yards. But out of the rough where id never consider hitting fairway wood - it still FLIES. The club is so easy to hit.

I think when i get my driver consistantly hitting fairways ill game the M1 too and drop the FW. Now im using the FW off the tee on tighter fairways or where there is trouble. And just gaming the M2 and M4. I replaced my 4 and 5 iron with the m2 and m4 - and i wont look back. The m4 is money anywhere - as is the m2. Choke down on the m2 and i can hit it a little shorter. They are great clubs!

Mercer, welcome to the site!

I have the M1 and the distance is very comparable to my old 3w. I think the 3w would roll out a bit more. So it is like 5- 10 yds shorter. The accuracy is much better though. I had a 30 yd wide dispersion with my 3w and now the M1 is about half of that. I hope this helps.

I hit the Mashie M4 the same distance as my 4 iron, so it is a great replacement in that aspect. I also hit it flush a lot, and rarely do I have mishits that cause loses of distance. It is very light, and sometimes I feel like this makes the Mashie a bit unwieldy. I don't seem to have quite the same aim control with the Mashie as the 4 iron. Maybe I am swinging too hard, maybe I need to give it more time and practice. We'll see.

The M1 is easy to hit IMO. That being said I might be pulling it out of the bag for an R11 14* 3W. I hit this longer (as would be expected with the lower loft and I was very consistent. That being said the M1 is a beast!

helpful indeed.

I am only looking at M1-3. I hit my 4 iron great so I don't ever want to take it out of the bag. I may not even want to take a 3 iron out, but if I go forged, I won't be getting a 3. I need the 3 to have a little offset to hit it good. I may go 3-PW if I go Burner 2.0. 4-PW if I go CB (if TM has that option)

I have the M3 and I love it. I also recently bought the G-15 3w and am killing it, so i may go down to an M4 for my second mashie.

Back